MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:12 pm 

For those who are following the progress being made by the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse in Australia, this is a sarcastically funny and moving song directed at the Cardinal who refuses to return to Australia to face questions about his culpability in abuse in the Catholic Church in Australia.

For those who aren't following the work of the Royal Commission, this is still a great song. You may insert any name that comes to your mind, in place of "Cardinal Pell". ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHR39ez56RE&sns=fb

The following article also poignantly describes one person's response to this song, and fills in some information about the investigations going on Down Under.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... ted-crying

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:14 pm 

My own response to this is, it's a new world out there.

People no longer shrug off the culpability of people (men) in power who covered up child sexual abuse and thereby enabled pedophiles who were running amuck in their midst.

Not any more.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:28 pm 

Well worth watching. The singer (Tim Minchin) has been mentioned here before with his Peace Anthem for Palestine. Cardinal Pell could easily be substituted with other names, that alas we are too familiar with.

The Australian Govt is to be congratulated for taking a tough stand on historical child abuse.

The article is a good read. I don't think many Christians realise how much damage this is doing to the reputation of churches. Good innocent people are being tarred with the sins of cowards who hide.

Quote:
Watching Cardinal Pell flounce about in his regal gear and flout the royal commission, watching the institution supposedly founded by Jesus grotesquely morph into something so removed from the teachings of Christ: it shakes me to the core. It shakes the very foundations of belief. It gives me no hope.

When Minchin sings “And if Lord God omnipotent reigneth, he will take one look at you and say, go home Cardinal Pell ... I think the lord is calling you home Georgie”, I wonder: where the hell God is in all of this?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:01 am 

And here is Cardinal Pell squirming in front of the Commission. Even in the Vatican he cannot hide.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/australia/77444188/top-cardinal-says-he-wasnt-interested-in-complaints-about-paedophile-priest
Quote:

Cardinal Pell has repeatedly denied knowledge of Ridsdale's offending in the 1970s.

"I didn't know whether it was common knowledge or whether it wasn't," he said.

"It's a sad story and it wasn't of much interest to me."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:32 pm 

Go the Australians, only beyond the gates of hell will be safe from their inquisition!

Which is exactly where the worst of NTMs unrepentant perverts will be shortly!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:10 pm 

"It's none of my concern."

Where have we heard that before?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:12 pm 

Well I know where I've heard that before, it is the last words my father said to me :(

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:26 am 

That must be very painful, I am sorry that things got so bad. Alas I think you aren't alone, so many screwed up families!

I am so glad to hear that you have a wonderful supportive wife and good friends.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:00 pm 

Yes!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:23 am 

And it goes on and gets worse:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/australia/77527656/cardinal-george-pell-walking-paedophile-priest-to-court-was-a-mistake

Quote:
Cardinal George Pell said it was a "mistake" to accompany notorious paedophile Gerald Ridsdale​ to court, but he believed the action might result in a lesser sentence for the former priest.

So yesterday he said re victims that it was not a high concern and now he admits to this.

Quote:
"I walked with him following the Christian conviction that it's an appropriate activity to be kind to prisoners . . . the separation of the sheep from the goats is their acts of kindness we do to people, including those who are prisoners and those who are at the bottom of the pile like Ridsdale," he said.

Cardinal Pell told the commission Ridsdale had "done a great damage to the church" but "as a priest he had done other good things like burying the dead and celebrating sacraments".

And where have we heard this logic before? No compassion for the victims expressed, just sorrow for the reputation of the organisation and some rambling about the offenders ministry.

Quote:
Cardinal Pell, who is expected to finish his testimony on Thursday, was asked whether he considered the royal commission to be a "witch hunt".

"I must confess the idea has occurred to me," he said.

And this what many old Tribers think. They see this as a persecution of their good work on the field and anyone making inquiries as doing the devils bidding.
Only this week an old Triber trotted out this cultish thinking to me.

No. By cleaning up this mess, credibility has a chance of being restored. Protecting criminals only makes matters worse in the long run. So in a roundabout way, I find myself at the forefront of helping NTM getting back to their goals.