[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - NTM's "well advised" course of action

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:35 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:04 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:15 pm 

MrsM,

I agree and there is no sense in us getting into a spitting match. I admit I feel the hairs on the back of my neck stand up when anyone asks for more time, or to be patient. I do not mean to direct my frustrations over this in your direction, and I do apologize for that. Is Tibby really to blame? As an individual, of course not, as part of an organization? Yes. I believe if she is in a situation where she can get those documents into the hands of the authorities and for whatever reason choses not to, she is part of the problem.

Right is right, and wrong is wrong. It is a Felony offense in any State in these United States for Failure to report the sexual abuse of a minor. The offences took place in a boarding School. That makes ANYONE in a supervisory position over the Children at that school Criminally Liable for NOT reporting Les Emory to the Authorities.

Morally, what is the proper thing to do? NTM is a Non Profit Corporation with employees. If an employee knows a crime has taken place against young children and is being covered up by the employer, are they not morally responsible to report this? Is it OK for that employee to succumb to pressure from her husband, or the CEO, or the Legal Advisors to stall and withhold information from the Authorities? Is it morally right to help be a part of the problem because it might "Upset the Boss" to do the right thing? Caught in the wheels or not, right is right, and wrong is wrong.

What about being spiritually responsible? If a person professes to be a Child of God, and has given them self to the Lord to spread the word, and save the souls of the lost. This person answers to God and what does the Lord say to do? Surely God must not be in on this too!

Tibby? Larry? Oli? Dan? Are you responsible? Are you responsible people obeying your moral, legal, spiritual obligations?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:55 pm 

Mahalko,

I certainly do agree with your points and I appreciate your willingness to discuss this.

I am not sure I think you or anyone should be "patient". Because, like you, I would wonder, Be patient for what??

I truly do not understand the legal nature of all these abuse cases. I can't understand how all of these cases are past the statute of limitations and how nothing can legally be done- and I'm mainly thinking here in the US since that is where I live.

And as you stated, in the US, school teachers, administrators, doctors... all are mandated reporters by law. It boggles my mind that these abuses have seemingly fallen into the cracks of oblivion for everyone except the abused and their families.

It is also beyond me how any of the "players" at Sanford can live with knowing these acts of abuse have not been properly reported and have not been properly handled, how any of the field committees can do the same, and how it continues to drag on and on and on.

But, you know all this, unfortunately. And I am just an outsider who watches and wonders and waits for NTM to do the right thing. And quite frankly, I've given up hope.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:19 pm 

Just maybe a protest in front of NTM Sanford, as someone else suggested on another forum, might get their attention??? ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:39 pm 

I'm thinking something a little more extreme...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:35 pm 

I would be willing to be part of a (legal, peaceful- not that anyone else is suggesting otherwise) organized effort or protest. I have suggested picketing at Sanford. I think it could be quite embarrassing and draw enough attention someone would maybe do something. Maybe.

Of course, as with everyone, it would depend on when, where, how, who, etc.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:47 pm 

Tibby finally replied. More sincere apologies. She is suggesting that they are going to deliver another handwritten letter to local authorities in his jurisdiction. Whooptie-Doo. What good will a hand written letter do to someone who can not prosecute him? They have a whole file on him filled with his confessions! TURN THE FILE OVER TO THE PHILIPPINE AUTHORITIES! A Hand written letter may suffice to give to his church or any nearby school, but for NTM to give that to Local Law enforcement is just for show! CRUMBS!

Then she states "all potential assistance and actions by NTM will need to be evaluated by our legal counsel and our team" ... Why? Are they former prosecutors? They are CORPORATE Lawyers! So, Corporate Lawyers will have the final say in deciding what information that NTM can give out to law enforcement. That's really tight NTM, and I'm sure that will help a lot, having every ounce of the initial investigation filtered! What is really your intent here, self preservation of the Corporation or Putting Les Emory behind bars? Give Them The File!

They just don't seem to acknowledge any urgency in this at all. I wonder if they realize that a sex offender of this magnitude has an average of 80 victims in a lifetime. There were 23 known victims in Aritao. That leaves 57 potential lives destroyed. Just think how many potential victims could have been saved if NTM had made their initial investigation available to the Authorities back in 1993. He's not even listed on ONE SINGLE SEX OFFENDER REGISTRATION LIST ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD! If there was even ONE more victim, it is on their conscience.

Then I was thrown a line of total crap. She stated "Any attempts by him to contact victims by email or phone after his return to the U.S constitute criminal action and thus offer additional recourse within the criminal justice system." That statement is completely false. It WOULD be true if there had been a "No Contact Order" (Restraining Order) issued and signed by a Judge. That is not the case. He is free to contact anyone he wants. Legally. Thank You for that one also, NTM. Good Job.

Steaming... Literally.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:11 pm 

I wish to state clearly, publicly and unequivocally that "a trip to Virginia" a la David Brooks will neither impress nor mollify me.

It will accomplish nothing of any substance whatsoever.

Monitor Person, please make sure this message is heard by the CPC and NTM leadership. A handwritten, personally delivered letter is not the action we are seeking. I don't believe any of the Aritao victims or their families will be satisfied with such an impotent gesture.

Just so you know.

Raz, an Aritao Mom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:41 pm 

NTM show some guts and man up on this issue. Do the right thing and do it yesterday.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next