MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:50 pm 

I should correct myself..I think the name should be Dave McLaren maybe instead of John?!

"Anybody know what happened to John McLaren? Wasn't he hustled out of the country after molesting boys? How about Jim Given? That's a start."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:09 pm 

Do you know his wife's name or where he was from?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:21 pm 

Are there Any other PNG MKs out there?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:46 pm 

Yes, I remember Mclean but we were gone before any problems were known. Although I do remember one time he attempted to befriend me( I was probably about 12). I felt odd with his close physical contact so I got away from him, looking back years later I believe he was beginning to look for victims.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:59 pm 

Wondering ... I don't know but will find out more about Mr. McLaren. I personally know 2 of the boys he abused and the boy who called him out on it to NTM. None of us MK's really heard anything except that he had "left the mission". ..I only knew better because I was dating one of the boys.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:28 pm 

I've been hesitant to post anything as I really don't know what to say. I'm am so sorry that many of you are still really hurting. For me, well yea it has affected me, but I reached a point a long time ago that I needed to forgive and move on. I have, but many of you have not been so fortunate. Just so those that don't know me understand my past. I was in the Turner Dorm at Oliguti, I was at Numonohi during the McClaren days. I'll say no more other than I read the posts, cry, and pray.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:05 pm 

Thanks for sharing, Joel. It's great you have been able to heal and move on. I talked with someone recently who said it is always healing to be able to talk about what happened to you, and to have it recognized for what it was (abuse).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:33 pm 

Joel, you know all of these things and although you have been able to heal, when the time comes to investigate/prosecute I hope you will be forthcoming.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:24 am 

My husband was in PNG.

I too hope, Joel, you will continue to be strong. I have seen you come under much scrutiny from your family and backed off. I know this was very disheartening to you, and even my heart broke for you. My husband has almost totally separated from his family because they do not see the abuse and have become angry with him for voicing it. THIS upsets me so! So many are blind it breaks my heart. We all need to band together and give equal support to feel empowered. We are ALL broken but together we can be whole until we are strong enough to be whole separately.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:29 pm 

Thanks, MK Wife. A good reminder - we do need each other, to help each other stand. For me, just knowing I am helping others to heal (as well as myself) empowers me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next