[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - POEMS in "PURPLE"....are what I have to say!

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 313, 314, 315, 316, 317, 318, 319 ... 336  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:49 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:17 am 

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:18 pm 

http://video.foxnews.com/v/571520799100 ... show-clips

Someone please put this in the appropriate thread.
Aly Raisman's statement in court to her abuser, an Olympic gymnastics dr who has been abusing girls for 30 years. Now being sentenced!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:16 pm 

So powerful, isn't she! The strength of these young gymnasts has really touched me. I think it shows what a difference it can make when abuse survivors get competent professional help to process through their pain and confusion, and to understand themselves and get a healthy perspective on what their abuser did to them. This type of help is one thing that has been lacking for a lot of NTM/Ethnos360 MK survivors. They do not have words like these with which to communicate with others, especially with those who protect the abusers. It makes me sad.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:17 pm 

Hmmmm, thinking out loud.

The crime is the same, the victims are similar and the call for tough justice is the same, or is it?

No! I don't think it is. Yes the crime is the same and the victims are similar (young people abused by someone they should have been able to trust implicitly), but I don't think for many MKs there is the hunger for justice. I've got family members who say "God will hand out justice on the judgement day, so leave the pedophiles alone" and this is a reasonably common viewpoint and dare I suggest the exact veiwpoint offenders love to hear. Essentially they are being "forgiven" for their deeds on earth, because they might get a worse punishment in heaven, but they still calculate they will get to heaven (if they believe in it) because hey presto according to the form of Christianity we were taught, they accepted Jesus into their heart and nothing can undo that, no matter what evil they commit on earth before the Judgement Day.
But wait, it gets even weirder, the same people would happily lock up and throw away the key on a common thief, murderer or rapist, as long as they aren't one of the religious group they belong to! And this is where the cult mentality comes in. Abused MKs not only had their bodies interfered with, but their minds as well. There was no getting away from it, day after day, year after year of indoctrination of faulty religion, which actually goes against what the Good Book says, against the law often and common sense.

Of course most of us MKs are not high achievers such as Olympians are (I'm in reasonable shape and that is about it ;) ) but even that isn't really an excuse, as we have all been offered help in pursuing justice by the very powerful people who proved their competence by terminating Scott Kennel's criminal career. But how many of us cling to the hope that one day the very people who have sheltered so many child abusers are going to have a change of heart and offer buckets of help that will take the pasts pain away? It really isn't going to happen.

Justice takes time, justice takes hard work and in our case justice takes a change of mindset. Like these brave Olympians, select the goal you want to achieve and pursue it as hard as you dare. And when you achieve the goal, thank those who helped and walk away from those who put the roadblocks in your way.

Anyway that's what me is thinking.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:12 pm 

Good thinking.

You always make good sense to me.

:)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:20 pm 

Hmmmm.
Very interesting.
It is not living in reality.
God gave us governing authorities to protect us from bad conduct. Romans 13:1-5
The authority is God's servant for our good.
He also carries out God's justice.
This is life HERE.
There is another life THERE----for later.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:22 pm 

So avoid God's justice here and be disobedient.
If you like.
I don't like.....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:17 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:21 pm 

VERY powerful.
Has anyone thought of contacting her?
She's a lawyer.
With a lot of courage.
Could she help?
This is not only a sports issue, after all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 313, 314, 315, 316, 317, 318, 319 ... 336  Next