[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - American School in Japan

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: American School in Japan
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:23 am 

Oh no. Not again. :cry:

Please take a few minutes to read and sign this petition.

Such a familiar story. Long-term sexual abuse in a school overseas. Mishandled by school authorities. An independent investigation finally initiated. Foot-dragging and blame shifting on the part of self-protective school leaders.

As long as I have a voice, I will continue to raise it, calling attention to the need to believe and support innocent victims.

This is what my faith tells me that my Shepherd would do.

https://www.change.org/p/asij-board-of- ... ef=Default

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:17 am 

O.k. Raz, let's look really hard at this. What do all these schools we are talking about have in common??????? The one common factor is American men!!!!!!
ABWE, NTM and now this lot, they are all American (or American influenced/trained) men who are doing this and it is American men in organisations that are protecting their fellow men. Is it time to start asking hard questions about American male culture??????

When was the last time we read a headline like Japanese school in U.S. found to have covered up a Japanese sex offender???????

And before any precious male gets his tits in a tangle and calls me racist, don't bother, as a Downunder MK I know exactly what racism feels like, Numonohi was run by racists and guess where they came from!!!!!!

Now look at this website, how many women contribute??????? How many men contribute, when you take out the obvious one who isn't an American???????
Now read Boz's latest blog and see the horrific percentages of kids in the U.S. that are abused!!!!!!!!!

American men need to take a hard long look at what it is in their male culture that is causing this and we sisters need to keep making a noise until you do!!!!!! Come on boys what is the problem, is it arrogance? Is it feelings of superiority? Is it poor role models? Is it religion? Is it sexism? Is it poor parenting? Is it alcohol, drugs???????

So there I've said it and probably pissed more than a few people off, but I'm tired of reading this type of story over and over again and tip toeing around without having a go at the glaringly obvious!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:30 pm 

Boz writes on his website "Be aware that approximately 38% of all girls and 16% of boys will be sexually abused by their 18th birthday", so I asked the question how these figures compare with the rest of the world and this was a reply "According to one New Zealand report I found 17 – 25% of women in a large population area, when interviewed said they had been sexually abused as a child. The definition of sexual abuse ranged from indecent exposure to rape. The figures for males were about a quarter of the female figures, which would be 4 – 6%". That is a staggering difference!!!!!!!!

And I want to know why American men have such a high rate of offending???????? Anyone brave enough to ask this question too???????? Anyone brave enough to try and provide an answer??????

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:59 am 

I don't have an answer, but will do some research

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:30 pm 

An article about the ASIJ abuse investigation, from the Japan Times News.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2015/0 ... #.VT_ps9JV

If I am understanding correctly, this case illustrates another option for handling the discovery of abuse from long ago (in this case, from 1963-2000). This particular teacher who sexually abused students committed suicide in 2004.

The school, American School in Japan, commissioned a law firm, Ropes & Gray, to conduct a “completely independent” investigation of the abuse allegations.

Unsatisfied with how that purported "independent" investigation has been going, a group of ASIJ survivors hired their own team of lawyers from the firm of O’Donnell Clark & Crew, to conduct a separate investigation.

It will be interesting to follow this situation, and see if this paradigm, two different investigations, carried out by two law firms, yields better results than what we here at Fanda Eagles have been getting, or seeing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:23 pm 

RAZ, you really got my attention when you said, "this case illustrates another option for handling the discovery of abuse from long ago ... This particular teacher ... committed suicide ..." :shock: Then I realized you going a different direction ;)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:55 pm 

Haha, Paul. I see what you mean there.

:)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:05 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:44 pm 

And you certainly do seem to be so!
Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:31 pm