[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - What if reporting abuse hurts our friends?

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 3:51 pm 

Absolutely agreed.

The whole point (IMHO) of these forums is to encourage dialog, to present the various points of view, so that we can all be better informed and make better assessments of the situation.

I will, at times, post something intentionally controversial to my Facebook page just to get some discussion going. I don't necessarily agree with all of the comments, but I hope that my friends will read them all and consider other points of view.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:41 pm 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:11 pm 

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:33 pm 
Site Admin

Why would they distrust us? They created us! By their apathy, collusion or turning a blind eye. Revenge may be the focus of some however the greater blindness is NTM members' focus on this rather than the atrocities that have been committed on us...their children.

Many regimes thought they had a valid point. They were wrong.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:09 pm 

They distrust us? Hey! That feels OK! I mean, I'm not even acknowledged my most people . . .i think maybe we're doing the right thing then . . .

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:18 am 

Canine Bemused is cute, everyone loves him. He is a bit of a celebrity when he rides around on the back of the bike and generally he is a well behaved dog.
But he is of the Terrier breed and no matter how much he is loved, how cute he looks and no matter how innocent his eyes are, we don't trust him when it comes to cats. He has a switch in his doggy brain that just goes on when he sees a cat and it connects with his legs and mouth, which then turn him into a ruthless chaser of cats.
And even though we tell him off and explain to him that it is not socially acceptable to chase other peoples cats, he still does it and I suspect he always will, because he will always be a Terrier.

Maybe there is a parallel with humans in regards to trust. Paedophiles can appear to be charming, socially adept e.t.c., but even with promises of changed behaviour, putting them with a group of children is like putting Canine Bemused with a group of cats. And those that have or do minimise and excuse the behaviour of paedophiles, fall into the same category.

There is very little hope that Canine Bemused will ever change and he will always be distrusted in the matter of felines. However if NTM leadership were to do what BJU did and go back to GRACE, sort out whatever their differences were and get a proper investigation proceed into the remaining fields and follow the recommendations of such an investigation, then there is hope.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 12:10 pm 

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:02 pm 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 6:17 am 

Of course I see myself as being the perfect embodiment of a non entrenched entity, with my Sympathetic Agnostic doubts :lol: . Sort of a lonely traveller in no mans land, who hasn't the courage to get over his doubts.
Of course the term "no mans land" comes from WWI, when there was a thin strip of land between the opposing sides. This was in France, a country that had a revolution 200 years ago and although I am not French and not causing much of a revolution, I am still revolting. Ooops that doesn't sound right, where is the delete button!

Oh no, I've hit the submit button :o

Seriously though. We were innocent kids, caught up in a mess that we did not want to be and because of geographical and other factors, had little chance of avoiding situations that occurred. It should never have been allowed to happen, but it did. And it should have been sorted out properly decades ago, but alas that didn't happen either.
Many people have been hurt by this sandal and for some the pain will go on for a long time. Eventually we will all move on, possibly to our final resting places and hopefully nothing like this ever happens again. In the meantime we have the freedom that many don't, to be able to discuss, ponder and debate issues, so that we and the many unknown who follow the many posts can get a better understanding of what a mess of innocent lives abuse can make and be inspired to see an end to it.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 7:24 am 

Thank you Bemused, Dreamwords . . .Paul . . .all . . .well, we are supposed to start the day with gratitude, right? This is a luxury . . .to be able to discuss . . .share, compare, debate . . .snarl, oops! Did I write that?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next