[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Sexual abuse in the Newman Dorm

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:11 pm 

Tibby ... I did try to contact Pat Hendrix but there was never a response.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:36 am 

I'm sure Pat didn't mean to not get back with you. She has been a Hugh help to me.. please try her again. you can even call her

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:20 pm 

Hate to burst the bubble of optimism, but neither Pat nor NTM hierarchy are answering e-mails at the moment. Have tried several times.

While we are on this thread, spanking a child not wearing any lower clothes, how common was this? Just I've heard this type of thing before and from unexpected quarters. Is NTM now classifying this as sexual abuse?

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:55 pm 

Bemused, it was quite common up thru the 70's to spank a child bare-assed. It had been going on for hundreds of years. It our circles, it denoted a more serious crime -- the shame of being spanked that way was part of the punishment.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:10 am 

It sure ain't common down here. Haven't heard of it, except in NTM circles.

What disturbed me was the number of dorm parents who for reasons that I cannot fathom, openly discussed the strange and unusual punishments they gave individual children. Including spanking "bare-assed". I only remember one incident of parents openly objecting to over indulgence in corporal punishment.

Never had children myself, so the spanking issue is not something I've had to consider much.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:43 am 

I think now it would be considered abuse. It often was something to boast about . . .and use as a threat . . .permission would be given to any relative or neighbor or babysitter to spank if necessary.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:41 pm 

When we were at ABWE candidate school I was asked if I would send my children to boarding school, my answer was no, I didn't know anything about homeschooling then but boarding school would not have been an option, Australia had plenty of schools. I was kind of marked at that point but I didn't care. I am a vegetarian so my next question was would I eat monkey meat if it was the culture and I would offend if I didn't eat it? My response was probably not but I have been taught all my Christian life God will give us Grace when we need it. Australia doesn't eat monkey (they didn't even eat much kangaroo at that time) so guess I was safe. I can't comprehend some other person spanking my children on the bare back side. My daughter got spanked (not bare) at a Christian school before we came here (she was 7) for taking 2 straws instead of 1, she has never forgotten it, neither have I. My rambling of the past isn't relevant until I read these posts and then I get upset that NTM won't show some kind of care for their past abuse, is that so much to ask? Full stop.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:19 pm 

Anyone wishing to see an Australian Monkey, please note that Australia does not have monkeys, except in zoos.
New Zealand has a breed of monkey called "politicians" they attempt to run the country, otherwise like Australia they can only be found in zoos. :lol:

Back to serious matters. No it's not to much to ask, for care to be shown. That would be the humanitarian thing to do (or Godly if one prefers). Alas I think NTM is overwhelmed by how much abuse is now being exposed and damage control is possibly more of a priority than caring. On the positive side, some brave grass roots Tribers and ex Tribers are voicing their concerns, perhaps this will be where the change to compassion may begin. Let us hope this is the case.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:35 pm 

Oh, that was a good one, monkeys......politicians! That would be encouraging to think those in the present might be helping to bring NTM to account. I personally don't think past abused will get much justice but on the other hand just maybe it will help stop any future abuse to children, however, in saying that I just remembered Scott Kennell. Full stop.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:07 am 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next