[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Aritao abuse

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Aritao abuse
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:59 am 

Raz,

My heart goes out to you and your family. I pray that you all may somehow find peace, and healing. What you described, how the memories are so deeply suppressed, how the walls are so highly built and strongly fortified around their hearts, is exactly the same as when I had met... our mutual friend. We are, however, talking about the same perpetrator, at the exact same time. I would imagine they all suffered the same despicable acts, as the long term side effects are the same.

Raz... I need to find this man. Somehow. L.E. as you said. He should not go unpunished for his despicable crimes to children. I need to find this man. I believe he will be judged harshly when he stands before the Lord, and he also needs to be judged harshly here on this earth as well. I will stop short of explaining how harshly I wish to see him judged.

How is this man going to end up in prison if no one will testify? How many more children have suffered? How many more lives have been ruined? How many more girls are just short of a life in the psyche ward because no one would speak up loud enough to get him off the streets? How will these things be changed if no one will come forward?

That leaves vigilante justice as the only possible means to get this man off the streets. Right is right, and wrong is wrong. Two wrongs don't make a right that's true, but how about a thousand wrongs committed that ruined so many lives, and so many families that have never been "righted?" Is that right?
I pray that ... All victims, find the strength...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:37 pm 

Mahal Ko, your passion over this issue is like a drink of cooling water to me. For too long I have felt I was the only one still stirred up in my heart because this man got off scott-free for what he did. While there is no punishment even half-way harsh enough to cause him to him suffer the way he has made so many others suffer, still it feels so wrong that he isn't punished at all. He belongs in prison for the rest of his life, but even that would be a mild consequence.
This man, as far as I know, lives openly in Virginia, using his own name, holding down a job, probably "ministering" in some church, his name is on no sex-offender registry, and he is probably reading this post.
I have written to GRACE and told them what I "need" is to see this man behind bars. They wrote the same response to me that they did to others ... gracious, but delaying. The thought of what that man has been able to continue to get away with in Virginia is so repugnant to me I can hardly bear to think or write about it.
I stand ready to testify against this man at any time. I told someone in his home area that, many years ago. No one has ever contacted me. So I guess no one has ever caught him or held him accountable, even for anything that has occurred here in the U.S.
To quote your post a few weeks back ... Grrrr!
Feeling connected to you in our anonymity :) ,
Raz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:41 am 

From my friend...A Letter to Oli Jacobsen

Dear Mr. Jacobsen,

I hope this finds you well. I don't know if you remember me or not. My parents served in Northern Luzon with NTM for quite a while. I was in the Aritao dorm for our elementary and middle school years. I've no doubt you will immediately understand where this letter is going with my last statement.

Mr. Jacobsen, I need your help. I need to heal. To find Peace. To live Life as God intended, and I believe you can help me along that path. I cannot change what happened in the past. BUT I (and NTM) can prevent it from happening again. I found Mr. Emory and he lives within walking distance from a school run by a church. The thought that he is so close to innocent children scares me - especially if the parents are not aware and do not do all that they can to protect their precious gifts from God. Please, I am begging you, help me take action to prevent Mr. Emory from ever having the opportunity to repeat history. No child, no parent, no family should have to suffer at this man's hands - ever. Knowing what we do about this man, I believe it is our moral, spiritual, and even legal obligation to report him. I can only pray that he has not already victimized another child, who may be too scared to come forward. The local police department of where he lives has already been contacted - their response is that they cannot do anything because they have nothing on him. We know he is very good at manipulating and convincing young kids to keep their silence. If he were not, he would not have been able to get away with what he did at Aritao. Again, we CANNOT let history repeat itself - not when we have the resources to prevent it.

I am asking you to please forward to the local police depart of Chesapeak, VA, documentation of who this man is and what he is capable of doing. If he victimizes another child and we stand by and do nothing, how are we innocent in the eyes of God? Of course there will be issues of statutes of limitations, witness/victim testimony, etc. Even if the local police do nothing, at the very, extreme least, we have done what we can, to prevent another life from being torn apart, from being shattered.

I am asking you to sincerely search your heart, pray to our God, follow His guidance, no matter how tough, how hard, it may be, to do what is right. Neither NTM or I can turn back the clock and right a past wrong - WE can only do what is necessary to do right at this present time.

This a battle taking place on all fronts : spiritual, physical, legal, moral, and emotional. These fronts are all connected to make up what we call Life. Please do not let Satan win another battle. God will win the war, but why should we make it any easier for Satan to win the battles?

As an MK, as a person who held and holds you in the highest respect for all you did for NTM and for my family, I am asking you for your help. And I am praying God's will and guidance to be clear for all of us. I pray He grants us the extra measure of strength, stamina, wisdom we need to do what is right - to the end, no matter how hard, how tough, how many roadblocks we encounter.

Thank you for your time. Praying God's blessing and strength for you and yours.

victim of Les Emory at the Aritao Dorm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:29 am 

I think this is a very good letter. My prayers go with it. We wait to see what the response will be.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:25 pm 

What is the law in the Philippines ? Why don't they send him back there to face charges if he can't be arrested in the U.S.? Please all of you victims try to get up the courage to speak about this. We were only there for one year but Les took both our kids at times to 'give us a break'. Were any boys molested ?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:29 pm 

I asked my friend about this. She remembers hearing a rumor to that effect once, but can not remember where she heard it from. To quote her, "i dont know if any boys were molested but i believe there was a possibility - very strong possibility."

As to the laws in the Philippines, I will have to double check, but I did look them up once. The legal age of consent is... 12. Unless it involves a person of authority such as a caregiver, teacher, custodian, or guardian, then I believe the age of consent is 19. That is my recollection but I will double check. That was for male-female consensual relations. I do not know what the laws are regarding forced sodomy. I know what I would do with him though...

NTM could have, after realizing Les would NOT face charges in the United States, acted quickly to have Les extradited back to the Philippines to face charges. They did not. I contacted the Chesapeake Virginia Police Department on Fri, 1 Oct 2010, and explained exactly what happened, who he was, where he lives, and even gave them his phone number. Their reply was this:

Mr. xxxxx,

Thank you for the information provided. However, following research regarding the listed subject, I have been unable to identify any information, situation, event, etc. that would enable our Department to take any type of action at this time.

Lieutenant M. Kane
Executive Officer, Criminal Investigations Section
Chesapeake Police Dept.
757-382-6435

This leads me to believe that, Les was never reported to the authorities in his home State of Virginia. He turned up a big fat BLANK on the database.
My friend contacted NTM and asked for assistance, to PLEASE contact the Chesapeake Police Department to inform them what they should have been informed of so many years ago...
Here is NTM"s Reply, and I will quote... " "

That's right... Not a thing.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:03 pm 

I am now very disappointed. It is very disheartening to have put your trust and life into the hands of an organization and then discover that they betray you when you need them most. I do know that it would take a lot of time to wade through all the different fields and the abuse that went on, (sexual, emotional, spiritual). I would really like to believe the best and hope that each will be addressed. But how many lives have been forever effected?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:11 pm 

cbcsturgis,

Thank you for posting. "Hoping" they each will be investigated isn't going to get a thing done. Wishing for it to happen isn't either. Everyone on this forum is fighting for it tooth and nail, and things aren't getting done. Please, be an advocate of this forum and the victims. Spread the word, write someone. Write everyone. What if it had happened to your children?

~Mahal Ko~

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:25 pm 

cbcsturgis,

My apologies. That was pretty harsh. Please forgive me for that last statement. That was an attempt to turn you from a bystander into an activist. Please accept my apologies.
~Mahal Ko~

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:43 pm 

I am a victim from the dorm at Aritao. I am now an adult, and have not been "whining" because until now, was convinced no one would listen or believe me.

If they (those in leadership) truly cared, truly wanted to help, they would have listened when the suspicions were first raised. They would have done everything in their power RIGHT THEN to right the wrong as much as they could. But it was not done. Yes, the abuser was sent Stateside. Yes, a counselor was brought in, but that counselor was never even introduced to me except as a guest who was sitting across from me at the dinner table. That was the introduction. It was never suggested, encouraged, or even asked if I wanted to speak with the counselor. And the cruelest of all? THE COUNSELOR WAS A MAN!!! How, in any logical thinking, would you expect any girl, who had endured unspeakable acts done to her, how could anyone in their right mind expect me or any of the others to speak with a male counselor?! Where was the wisdom in that decision?

I suffered in silence because the abuser had convinced me that to speak up would to betray his trust and my parents trust, and break a sacred vow to God. I believed in the leadership and was ultimately betrayed. NTM Leadership will get through the investigations, they may be battered and bruised but they will get through. My life was shattered into a million pieces. Those I trusted, believed in, sought advice from, those i believed would protect me instead betrayed me and left me alone to pick up the pieces, and they never looked back, not once.

They didn't see me waking up in the middle of the night, shaking with fear because of nightmares. They didn't see the broken relationships because of the inability to trust. They don't see me now, as an adult, still looking over my shoulder, scared beyond words, that Les might be lurking around the next corner, in the shadows. They don't see me struggling daily, to hold the pieces together, trying to make a life out of pieces that don't fit. They don't hear the questions going through my mind, wondering what I did so wrong that no one would help me, that no one even seemed to care enough to ask and truly mean, "how are you doing?" They don't see the cold sweats, the anxiety attacks, the panick attacks, the thoughts of suicide, the overwhelming urge to intoxicate oneself beyond comprehension just to be able to FORGET...

And someone said "You don't see her whining?" YOU DIDN'T SEE ME AT ALL!!!

If any of you in leadership at NTM are a parent, whether a foster parent, a biological parent, a god parent, or at all in the care of children... Do you believe that if a child in your care, or in your life, were to come forward to you about being sexually abused that you would in essence tell them, "It's okay that those things happened to you. It's okay that your life is forever changed, shattered, and broken. It's okay the person abused you. It's okay because they said they are sorry." Are you telling me that you would be able to look a child in the eye, seeing the innocence gone, seeing the fear, the shame, the guilt, the questions, the brokenness- you would be able to see all that and tell them with all seriousness, "It's okay, it happened such a long time ago just drop it. Besides, he/she said they were sorry!"

Because your silence is screaming loud and clear those very words. You're thinking "why can't you be thankful things aren't worse?" WORSE!? Ask me! - at one point DEATH would have been a welcome relief from the burden of what I carried. Everyone can SAY they are sorry. Everyone can ACT the part of being remorseful when there are people looking or when they get caught. But what about when no one is looking? What then? Do they sigh with relief and think, "that was close but I got away with it." Only God can judge the heart, this is true, but actions should reflect a repentant heart. Neither running away or waiting to be caught is showing remorse or repentance.

To the other survivors of abuse of any kind from this man, please, do not honor him any longer with your silence. He has been protected long enough. We do NOT owe him any loyalty, of any kind, for anything. We DO owe OURSELVES and it is our right, to heal completely, to live fully. For those who have found true peace and true healing, please, do not be silent. WE CAN NOT STAND BY AND CONTINUE TO PROTECT THIS MAN BY OUR SILENCE. The next victim could be your best friend, or their son or daughter..or it could be your niece or nephew...all I am asking...don't let there be another victim!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next