[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Push buttons

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Push buttons
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:19 am 

Panama’s famous “push buttons”

http://www.thevisitorpanama.com/New_Sit ... sitor.html

Scroll down the page to the part about the "push buttons"

Campo Amor is where I was taken as a 15 yr old
The garage doors are exactly as I remember them.

I am going to go fall apart at the seams now.

Post subject: Re: Push buttons
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:44 am 

Oh, how awful, Maire.

Wish I could sit with you a while as you cry.

We would cry together.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:27 pm 

That is terrible Maire to have to see that and all the memories come back. It makes me angry. We have to do something. We need to get as many people to the MK Safety Net conference as possible we need number for the media to notice, so we can yell very loudly about horrors of abuse.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:19 pm 

Love to you and your family Maire. You know that I think you are awesome to have survived and to be the beautiful, caring person that you are today. You know that to be true.

<sending big squeezy hug>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:18 pm 

Marie, This tragedy should haunt NTM, how many more stories do they need before they realize they are fake? Full stop.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:16 pm 

Maire, I am SO sorry you had to see this again!
Save the article for evidence.
And I am crying with you also.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:58 am 

Full of anger for you....and ready to show them "campo Heather" arghhh. My tears are for you and my hug sent from afar to comfort you my dear sweet friend. And if NTN knew of this and allowed NO JUSTICE for you then may the fear of God hit them right now and all that did NOT stand up for, protect and seek justice, criminal charges and the STOP to these "push button" facilities. NTM should have immediately pulled EVERY American out of Panama after this and gone to the US Govt. for help. Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Noriega in charge then??
I remember when our family left Panama...the "leaders" holding back money for flight etc and the "debriefing" had us stay in the Canal Zone. There were two parts to the Canal Zone as I recall. The US military side with US presence and the Panamanian side. Well those Panamanians weren't always happy Americans were there to use the Canal and take over (as we are known for). NTM had us in the bad part and forced my parents to leave us there for hours. My mother describes it as what seemed an entire day. I wasn't to leave but of course I did. RAN rig ht back in to the hotel room. The cockroaches dancing on the tables and beds were safer than those streets! This was my Mother's punishment I hear for not being a quiet wife!
My dear friend I am so outraged by this and will carry your rage...you heal!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:40 am 

I sent the link to PII.

I still get claustrophobic when I do not see an 'exit'... I have to be able to get OUT.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:17 am 

Panama

In Panama, the age of consent appears to be 18.

Laws regarding persons aged between 14 and 18:

Article 215 appears to prohibit sexual acts with minors:

Article 215 C: “He who maltreats a minor shall be sanctioned with imprisonment from one to six years. The following conducts typify maltreatment of minors: (...) 2) Committing, inducing or helping to commit sexual abuse against him, or other lustful or lewd acts, even though they do not imply carnal access (...)

Article 226 deals with the "corruption" of minors and prohibits sexual acts with persons younger than 18 (although it is not clear if this article prohibits such sex acts per se or only if the victim was "corrupted"):

"Article 226: “He who corrupts or facilitates the corruption of a person under 18 years of age, practicing with her a lewd act or inducing her to practice or view it, shall be sanctioned with imprisonment of two to four years”.

Another article, Article 219, prohibits consensual sex acts with a "maiden woman, over 14 years old and under 18" (probably understood to mean a virgin girl aged 14–18):

Article 219: “He who has carnal access to a maiden woman, over 14 years old and under 18, with her consent, shall be sanctioned with prison of one to three years. If a marriage promise is involved, or if the deed is committed by a relative, a minister of a cult that the victim professes, a tutor, teacher or person in charge, by means of any title, of the education, safe keeping or upbringing of the victim, the penalty can be increased up to twice the amount”.

In regard to the Article 219, the action or penalty is to be extinguished if the author and the assaulted person are to be married, this is stipulated by Article 225.

Laws regarding persons younger than 14:

Article 216: “He who has sexual access with persons of either sex, utilizing his genital organs or other parts of his body, or introducing any object in the genitals, mouth or anus of the victim, shall be sanctioned with imprisonment from three to ten years in the following cases: 1) When violence or intimidation is used; 2) When the assaulted person is deprived of reason or of sense or when due to physical or mental sickness or for any other cause she cannot resist; 3) When the victim is arrested or imprisoned and entrusted to the guilty party to supervise her or take her from one place to another; and 4) With a person of either sex that is not 14 years old, even though none of the circumstances expressed previously apply.”

Article 220: “He who with the purpose of achieving carnal access executes libidinous acts in prejudice of a person of either sex, by means of violence or intimidation, or when the victim is not 14 years old or cannot resist, shall be sanctioned with imprisonment of three to six years. The sanction can be increased by one third to half, if any one of the circumstances established in the second paragraph or Article 219 occur.”

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:11 pm 

Maire, what that man did to you was criminal. By any definition. In any country.

I am angry that there have never been any consequences to the man who did this, or to those who refused to defend you or press charges against him.