[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Venezuela

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Venezuela
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:03 am 

Jim Bou worked in Venezuela for more than 20 years. During those years he abused MK's and national children (including tribal ones). But what is worse is that during most of that time he was either a member of the field committee or the field chairman. You can only imagine all the pain those boys have suffered over the years. What NTM has done to help them?

Post subject: Re: Venezuela
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:22 am 

Thanks, Peter. It takes a lot of courage to write boldly. I salute you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:53 am 

what has ntm done at all?? leavin the choice up to fanda what does that solve?? we can't be strong all the time!! :evil: :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:26 pm 

What kind of screening did NTM have in those days that Jim Bou, and all these other criminal pedophiles were turned loose to destroy hundreds of children's lives? It seems like a lot of them were in leadership positions. What a sick, sad, disgusting situation!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:32 pm 

Peter did not say Jim Bou sexually molested the children but "abused" them. While the abuse may or may not include abuse of a sexual nature, it may be wise to wait for Peter to clarify this point if he feels that he can.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:35 pm 

Sorry MK py, but I already knew about Jim Bou, and he did, indeed, sexually abuse children. This was related to me yrs ago by a missionary from Venezuela.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:09 pm 

Thanks for clarifying that for others reading this. I am soo sorry hear that but thank you for clarifying it here. How horrific! Is this the first case of a field leader (from any field) directly involved in sexual abuse?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:49 pm 

Mk py, I was also told that NTM dismissed Jim Bou for the sexual abuse, it would be in their records.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:37 pm 

Grieving 4u,

Thanks for shedding light on this.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:18 pm 

But from what I've heard Uncle JimBou wasn't dismissed at the first report of abuse. It was years later, after several reports that weren't headed. I don't know what finally caused the mission to take action. Action that I only heard about from afar as I had already graduated from HS and left the country. My understanding is that letters/calls were sent to all of his supporters notifying them of the abuse and of his dismissal. I do not know if anything was done with local government in Ven, but I don't know action would have come from that since for years Uncle JimBou was the government rep. He was the one with all the right connections...
:( :(
As far as I had last heard, he has not repented and still denies everything.

Beyond the direct tragedy of the abuse, I believe perhaps the entire field suffered spiritual oppression from living under such corrupt leadership. Even though most of us were not aware of the abuse, I think it affected us in the spiritual realm more than people realize or want to admit.
Also, I'm pretty sure that the abuse by Jim Bou was not related to the boarding school in Tamatama as he didn't usually live there and his ministry (at least while I lived in TT) was not with MKs. Although I will always remember him as a man that surrounded himself with children! :( His ministry was with a tribal group and I believe most of the abuse was against the boys of that tribe!
Those of you who know more, please be free to correct me!!

I don't believe the sexual abuse by Jim Bou was the only abuse in Venezuela. Yet I've only heard of things 4th or 5th or 16th hand. So I hope others will feel free to share here. This forum really seems like a safe and open place for that! May those abuses also be investigated and brought to justice!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next