[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Tambo MKs

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tambo MKs
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:52 pm 

PLEASE, TO ALL IN THE FORUM, IN ALL THREADS:

WHENEVER I POSTED "LOL" I MEANT : LOTS OF LOVE, AND NOT LAUGHING OUT LOUD! I DIDN'T KNOW THERE WERE OTHER INTERPRETATIONS TO IT.

SORRY IF IT WAS MISINTERPRETED.

BYE FOR NOW

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:28 pm 

[quote="Raz"I am not sure who from Bolivia is still reading on this site. Dbarney is the only one I can think of who is still posting. So we will see if she responds to your post. NTM is currently having an independent group called IHART (under Pat Hendrix) investigate child abuse on fields other than Senegal. The first school they are gathering information on is Vianapolis, East Brazil. Maybe they will tackle Tambo next. It takes most abuse survivors several decades to find their voice and be ready to speak up about things that were done to them as innocent and vulnerable children. That is the reason many of the cases that have been exposed on this website happened back in the 70s, 80s and 90s. We just don't know about it yet. /quote]

If anybody wonders.... I attended Tambo, Bolivia 1988-1990. If anybody from Tambo bolivia need to talk, need info... support... I'm available.

I'm still in the country. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:18 am 

yes we are here we are just reading and trying to process everything!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:04 am 

blond--
We loved your country and being there!
Many good things happened there also.
It was home to our kids as they grew up.

Just obnoxious that some of the memories have become so black......

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:51 pm 

yes, we sure do love Bolivia. I took my girls there 3 times. Nothing like, jungle, jochi, saltenas, platano, masaco, fishing, hunting, staying overnight with a Yura family and visiting the banana patch, canoeing, bailing out water while canoeing, mosquitos, horse flies, antecuchos, comida comprado en la cancha....and the list goes on,,,,

(Did you notice,,,,I never mentioned school) :o

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:32 pm 

You are VALIENTE!
We knew some old timers who would not eat in the cancha.
Or on the street.
As long as you didn't do it the minute you arrived back---a little time for adjustment---it was just fine! :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:42 pm 

I just want to say I´m sorry. I´m so sorry.

I just went to Tambo for one year (88-89). I remember that when we filled out the papers, my parents had to agree or disagree on one thing: That the staff could or could not spank us. In our culture parents are not alowed to spank, so for us it was clear. I didn´t understand the parents that allowed it. They might have thought that the staff was not like that.

I remember one time one girl, who was younger than I, was badly bruised on her thie. I can still remember it, how swallowed, blue and yellow it was. She told me that she had not been able to finish her homework. She told me that it was a woman, a staff, that had used the belt. I felt so sorry for her, and I still do. This particular staff, seemed to like to hurt these small kids. I got angry and upset. Everyone was scared of this particular person. You never new when and what she colud be angry about.

When I heared about the sexual abuses for the first time, I was so sad to hear it. It was years after I left Tambo. These little boys. I wish I had understood, and I wish I had seen it, so that I could have done something to stop it.

I, myself did not suffer at Tambo. I had one nice year, and got many good friends.

I´m sorry to read all these stories now, and to discover that so many bad things happened. I just want to say that I believe the stories, and if I can help anyone of you that have suffered, to recall some memories, I will.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:48 pm 

Thank you, HTS. It's always good to know people are reading these posts. Even when they don't comment. But the comments are brave, and encouraging.

Yes, we do believe. We do believe the stories.

And we are still here, letting the world see our words and hear our voices.

Still fighting for justice. And sometimes smiling, through our tears.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:04 pm 

Thank you so much HTS for your post!

My heart rejoices to see that more people are coming forward. Even better that just for showing support towards all of us. That is so precious, to know that people who read in this forum believe what they read and realize how bad some of us had it....
Also, I praise the Lord that your year in Tambo is full of great memories...

thanks again to you and all of you who show support for our cause.....

One thing that I really needed to post is: even though some of us ran into these "bad examples", as born again Christians, we must try not to erase God from our lives, 'cause although we had it rough, God is not to blame; remember always that our eyes must be set on the Creator, and not the creation, so let's keep the faith. JESUS CHRIST, OUR SAVIOUR, OUR LORD, the only One who can truly heal us, the only One who we can trust till the end of our days. He will bring us justice and peace. So I pray, keep the faith brothers and sisters, keep the faith! It is not worth loosing our faith, our souls for the sake of the wrongdoings of ungodly people. They will pay for everything they did, because our GOD is just!

Love you all!

Mat 18:7 Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!

1Sa 2:23 And he said unto them, Why do ye such things? for I hear of your evil dealings by all this people.

1Sa 2:24 Nay, my sons; for it is no good report that I hear: ye make the LORD'S people to transgress.

Zac 2:8 For thus saith the LORD of hosts; After the glory hath he sent me unto the nations which spoiled you: for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye

Luc 17:2 It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

Rom 2:23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?
Rom 2:24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.

Rom 14:21 It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.

Mar 9:42 And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

1Co 8:9 But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:28 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next