MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Media Alert
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:31 pm 

I suspect (I am not an attorney however) that the judge will decide if it goes to trial at the next hearing or if there will be more back and forth between the NTM and Plaintiff. You attorneys out there maybe can help us decifer where the case stands?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:03 pm 

Bemused wrote:
This is very interesting. Given that the plantiff is Jane Doe 7, I presume her identity is secret, in which case does NTM know who they are dealing with? Assuming that delay is costing Jane Doe also, and as indicated she is probably on a pro bono basis, does the amount of settlement increase the longer this goes on?
All this delay and psycological game playing sounds like more abuse.
Many thanks for your insight, still trying to get my head round it all.

Jane Doe 7 is known to NTM, but the alias is used to protect identity from the observing public and press. It would be impossible to attempt to defend oneself against an unknown plaintiff.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:22 pm 

Raz wrote:

"Notice of Hearing 2/28/2012"

Does this mean we're finally nearing the end of this long, drawn out, back-and-forth legal process???

Probably closer to the beginning. I don't understand all the legal shorthand or filing process noted, but am curious whether this hearing will involve the motion to dismiss that was to be part of the August hearing that didn't happen as far as we know. Or was that motion not granted without being noted here?

My understanding was that the delay of the original hearing was at the request of the plaintiff. Others on these boards have more direct knowledge that could clarify this. I can't decipher from the activity summary that this is indicated one way or another.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:08 am 

Only six and a half more weeks till the hearing on Feb. 28th!

Time crawls when you're waiting ... and waiting ...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:28 pm 

i suspect that, when and if a jury trial is finally scheduled, it could be close to 2013 or beyond. until you see a schedule for the jury selection and trial, i wouldn't get too excited. painfully slow.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:27 am 

Thai MK wrote:
i suspect that, when and if a jury trial is finally scheduled, it could be close to 2013 or beyond. until you see a schedule for the jury selection and trial, i wouldn't get too excited. painfully slow.

You can be sure that NTM is banking on this being painfully slow, with an emphasis on the pain. It is a vital part of their strategy, since they know that their chances of "prevailing" (to use the jargon) are nil.

Once this goes to a jury, NTM will lose. There can be no question in their minds about this. Otherwise, they would be anxious for a trial and the exoneration they need. Their only hope is to drag it out as long as they can and hope that Jane Doe 7 grows weary, dies or Jesus comes again.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:25 am 

Gene Long wrote:
Thai MK wrote:

You can be sure that NTM is banking on this being painfully slow, with an emphasis on the pain. It is a vital part of their strategy, since they know that their chances of "prevailing" (to use the jargon) are nil.

Once this goes to a jury, NTM will lose. There can be no question in their minds about this. Otherwise, they would be anxious for a trial and the exoneration they need. Their only hope is to drag it out as long as they can and hope that Jane Doe 7 grows weary, dies or Jesus comes again.

Now this raises an interesting question. If NTM is hoping Jesus comes again before this goes to court, are they working even harder to reach that last tribe? :?:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:06 pm 

So you really haven't forgotten your upbringing!
A few key phrases.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:12 pm 

Ha, ha, believe me I haven't forgotten my up bringing. An excellent memory for obscure details and the ability to to write makes an interesting combination. Add in a sticky beak and what do we have?

a) The FandaEagle/Kiwibird
b) A pain in the butt
c) Some funny writer downunder, who provides a few laughs
d) All off the above

Answers on a ten dollar note, posted to MKsdownunder@nzaus.com

Competition closes Feb the 30th. 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:08 am 

www.moodyradio.org/brd_mainpage.aspx?id=27154 (Click on Year in Review.)

1/14/12 Year in Review, 2011 (SRN News with Albert Mohler)
The Penn State segment starts at about minute 39.5.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next