[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Abuse at NTM PNG boarding schools

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:56 pm 

Very eloquent MK py!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:59 am 

Paper cuts...a tree's last revenge :-)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:51 am 

Alas I am a late comer to this post. My experiences in P.N.G. were odd to say the least. The abuse seemed to start with the Principal and worked down. There were some genuinely decent adults working in teaching or dorm parent roles, then there were the others. The Principal got his way by bullying and spouting self educated clap trap. Religous confessions were obtained at the beginning of ones tenure in the system and the threat of dragging them out if one didn't conform was often mentioned. If a parent questioned his "methods" the child would be discriminated against. I remember having "personal ministry" by the aforementioned, which consisted of being berated for hours for some comment he'd taken out of context. Then there were the "confession sessions" where one racked ones brain to think of something one could confess, to get it over and done with (funny but I don't remember being a Given a couple of Hail Mary's to ease my guilt). Eventually I walked out of school and refused to go back. As for the dorm parents, many were put into the role because they were in the right place at the right time (or more correctly, the wrong place at the wrong time). Some clearly had no idea what made children tick, others were very good. Of the two mentioned in this blog, one was clearly before my time, the other I remember clearly as having an unhealthy interest in little girls. Yes he did interfere with them. I told my father at the time, but nothing was done.
There was an air of secrecy over any negative matter arising. Affairs were covered up, abuse was not discussed openly or it was labeled "discipline". It was all bizzare.
Did it have any effects? The nightmares continued for years after, a reoccuring one where I couldn't leave. Relationships were difficult to make in the real world. Then I met my partner who has been great at sorting out the remaining nonsense in the cranium. No more nightmares, until by some sort of miracle NTM comes out and admits that what I had been told was a figment of my imagination actually really did happen, just as I said it did decades ago. In some strange way it feels like some sort of vindication, pity it ever happened in the first place.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:25 am 

@Bemused,

I so understand every part of what you wrote. Strange is putting it nicely. Fact is there was no 911, there was no state to check on people. if your parents didn't like the town, school it wasn't as easy as change county. We were all stuck. Strange to me was the mandatory rest time.

And yes trying to carry on grownup mature friendships in the real world when you were never allowed to become an adult is a trying time for all involved. And yet to this day NTM thinks there is nothing the mater with NCA's manual. That's not controlling, that's just the bible. BS that's a controlling heap of garbage.

When you live with a dead body long enough, you begin to get used to the smell and at one point you will no longer smell it and it is a normal smell to you. It isn't till you leave your home and go away for sometime that you can come back and see that the smell is rancid and fills every room it's even on your clothes.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:37 am 

Quoting "When you live with a dead body long enough, you begin to get used to the smell and at one point you will no longer smell it and it is a normal smell to you. It isn't till you leave your home and go away for sometime that you can come back and see that the smell is rancid and fills every room it's even on your clothes."

Agree entirely (except for one technicality). My father gave me some good advice when I left P.N.G., "live in the real world for a year before you consider going into NTM training". Think it was in his own way his way of subtly airing his concerns. No worries though, I had no intention of going back, but many of my fellow MKs did. As for the technicality, if you've smelt gangrene you never forget it and one still nearly loses one's lunch every time, have done so to many times in my career. Funny thing, the cures for gangrene are radical surgery or hyperbaric medicine (where one decompresses the patient to about 18m below sea level and pumps oxygen into them). Now there is an analgy for NTM to consider, the chop or a bit of pressure.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:39 am 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:51 am 

If you're considering a change in career, I could do with a good anesthesiologist. No experience neccessary, just use a hammer or mallet (or some sort of smacking instrument). Should clean up a few of these problem cases by lunchtime, me thinks. :o As for the afternoon list, I'd suggest OffendingOrganEctomies. Right will go gown up, don't start without me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:23 pm 

Bemused, I'm glad you are on here. I have read all of your posts and you have challenged my thinking - so much to learn and so far to go still, and I thank you for sharing your thoughts. Keep them coming.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:07 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:25 pm 

Bemused, you have brought to our attention again the horrendous atrocities committed against children in the Papua New Guinea schools. I hope IHART and NTM are reading your posts. All the adults who participated in these cruelties need to be held accountable for their crimes of physical, emotional and spiritual abuse. And the other adults who knew it was happening and looked the other way, or handed their own children over to these heartless thugs, should hang their heads in shame.

I grieve for all the children who are now grownups with nightmares about their captivity in Oliguti and Numonohi.

God help us all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next