[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - DISCUSSION OPEN: Comments on This is My Story on Gary Earl

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 428 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 43  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:58 am 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:36 pm 

MORE OF THE SAME BY ntm.
ROUND AND ROUND WE GO.

But the fact that Lori is able to remain objective and has thought thru this so well
Is very important.
You have shared TRUTH and you know what true REPENTANCE is, Lori.
The way you have gone about this is so excellent.
From what you have written, you must have good support around you----
Yes, I thank you for opening up this horrible topic/ this abuse that happened
IN YOUR LIFE.
I read what ntm did to Gene Long and how they tried to take away any respect that others had for him.
I have read the abuses that have gone on FOR YEARS in ntm.
To think that there are MANY MORE ABUSES that have never been told
Because the victims are too demoralized to even talk about it.
We know the devastation and turmoil that goes on in the hearts of adults abused by ntm leadership.
Because we were among them.
We also know what it is to be set free.
But what we experienced is NOTHING
Compared to the abuse of a child.
We pray, Lori, that your actions and disclosures
Will bring about the actions that ntm should have taken
YEARS AGO.
Or that they will suffer great consequences.
AND that they will suffer great consequences
Since even if they get it right this time
THEY ARE WAY TOO LATE.
We have been crying with the MKs for 4 years
And will continue to hold them up in any way we can.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:30 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:44 pm 

Dear Dreamwords, Thank you for sharing your painful story. It takes courage and you have been forced to expose this man since ntm has not. Sadly it is standard ntm style of graciously retiring abusers. This is unjust. ntm allows an ex field leader of Senegal to stay at their guest home and use his old house in the village even though after Grace they are not supposed to associate with him. Why extend graciousness to evil men and ignore victims? I will be passing your story on and writing ntm.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:51 pm 

I'd like to suggest that everyone do one action to prevent Gary Earl from serving in any ministry role ever again. I've posted the following message on his NTM donation page:

Dear Gary (and anyone else reading this message): It's apparent that you are an abusive man and should not be representing NTM or any other Christian organization. The truth is coming out about your actions in PNG, and while they haven't been proven in a court of law, you will be judged in the end. I'm joining a growing and vocal group of people who support your victims, believe their accounts and will do everything we can to make sure you don't have the chance to victimize others. We want you dismissed from NTM (not gently "retired"), we want to prevent you from being a missionary with any other organization, we want all your supporting churches and individuals to know about your behavior, and ideally we want to prevent you from obtaining any position where you will be interacting with children, whether in a church or secular setting. Sometimes we don't see justice delivered in this world, but I'm hoping this time we do. NTM should have handled this situation better, you've had far too much power within the organization, but bringing the organization down in a big scandal isn't my primary concern. YOU are. I'm appalled at what you have done. I've spoken with and care deeply for a number of your victims, and I'll do whatever I can to defend them and hopefully prevent you from damaging anyone else. For the love of all that is good, please stop all ministry work, get a job that doesn't bring you in contact with children, and seek therapy. Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:02 pm 

I feelRaz stated it well in her post of outrage. I agree 100 percent with you Raz.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:27 pm 

Where is Andy Kline when you really need him? What happened to that committee? Is NTM capable of any continuity here, or do they hope to (plan to) keep dragging this out by frequent, incessant personnel changes?

"I have just taken over for so-and-so and am trying to get up to speed. I'll be communicating with you now and I want you to know how important this is to NTM."

One more address: Tibby Westcott: Tibby.Westcott@ntm.org

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:26 pm 

After someone called Brian Coombs, NTM Director of Personnel, from the phone number listed on the link I posted in This is My Story, the site was taken down. Here is the note you'll see when you visit the site today: This user has elected to delete their account and the content is no longer available. I wanted to point to Brian's page, so you could get to know him and his job description because I do want you to make your own opinion on what has gone on.

Here is the information you'll need to contact New Tribes Mission:
Email: ntm@ntm.org
Phone: 407-323-3430

NTM USA
1000 E. First Street
Sanford, FL 32771

The person currently in charge of Child Protection is Brian Coombs, Director of Personnel.

Here is the information you'll need to contact Brian Coombs:
Email: brian_coombs@ntm.org
Phone: (407)547-2335

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:39 pm 

A question: Is it a conflict of interest, for the Director of Personnel of a mission organization, and the Child Protection Officer of the children in that mission to be the same person?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:09 pm 
Site Admin

Wait wait wait.

The only people to receive the Pii report are the same people who blocked the truth for DECADES?

You can't write better satire.

I guarantee you NTM already had internal reports on Earl long before you told your story. It has been the case with each and every one of us and our NTM abuser. All of us are shocked to find out it wasn't just us. Guess who was not shocked? NTM

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 428 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 43  Next