[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - DISCUSSION OPEN: Comments on This is My Story on Gary Earl

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 428 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 43  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:13 pm 

Gene, isn't it absolutely amazing what some people can get by with, just like ABWE and their good ole boys club. We were terminated from ABWE because we submitted our resignation so we were terminated for insubordination. From his prayer letter it appears, unless I am not understanding something, he still receives funds via NTM. This is a sham and a shame. Full stop.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:27 pm 

Post subject: Still an NTM missionary
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:28 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:06 pm 

Quote: March 27, 2014
NTM Director of Personnel writes: "Thanks for letting me know your intentions. I am aware this has taken place."

++++++++++++++++++++

WHAT has taken place? Is there some reason that the NTM Director of Personnel can't be specific in what he says?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:07 pm 

I added my final 2014 correspondence with NTM to the My Story thread. I had gotten cold feet last night, while posting the rest, as I don't want New Tribes to come after me and my family. I don't know how they could - every email is verifiable - and all words factual - but it's easy to fear. Fear is not real, though. And it's not from God. So I summed up a bit of courage tonight, and posted the final emails.

Please don't just read my story to satisfy your curiosity. Please write the Director of Personnel and request Gary Earl be terminated from New Tribes Mission. I don't do this out of revenge, but because New Tribes really MUST distance itself from this man. He is so very much worse than I have liberty to say right now.

To the skeptics: I love you! :) Haha! But, really. I am thankful for you, because you keep all of us accountable. Remember: there is nothing to be gained by me telling my story. I have four children and a very nice husband and the most peaceful life you can imagine, and I really really don't want to live in the 1980s or in Papua New Guinea anymore, even in my thoughts. I tried so very hard to ignore what happened to me, to make excuses in my mind, to minimize it to a one-time temper tantrum of Gary's...but God - and I do not use his name lightly - will NOT allow me to let this story go. He actually used a local policeman to make me acknowledge my fear of the police, which brought me back to my fear of Gary Earl. I realized that to find freedom in the places in my life where I am not free, I needed to face the devil and face Gary, as David faced Goliath. I asked New Tribes Mission to face Goliath for me, but the answer is no, and so I gathered my stones and here we are. :/ Again, ask yourself what I have to gain by sharing my story. I cannot think of not a single benefit, and I wish so very much it was not my burden to bear.

~ Lori

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:21 pm 

I am still shedding tears over this. Telling my husband the story, and weeping, again, because HOW CAN IT BE that God doesn't care about a wounded child? HOW CAN IT BE that he allows a monster who calls himself a missionary, a man of God, to go on collecting money and adulation from friends and supporters, while concealing his VILE sins for DECADES???

HOW CAN IT BE that people I know personally, who are in leadership positions in New Tribes Mission, can read an account of your abuse, Lori, and not do a thing about it, for SEVEN years??? How can they not weep and mourn and throw dust on their heads and tear their clothes and REPENT??? I was sobbing when I read it, and I was tormented by nightmares all night. How can they not care?

HOW CAN IT BE, God??? I cannot see your face today!!! I do not understand you at all!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:38 pm 

All I can say about what happened to dreamwords is maybe her story will free others, even the abuser needs to face his real world in all its unpleasantness. However, why must the abused have to relive these abuses, where is the shame the abusers should be burdened with????? Does this make sense? Full stop.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:39 pm 

And .... outraged still, I want to bring up another point.

On March 12 of this year, Brian Coombs wrote, "Gary’s sending church has been communicated with regarding the outcome by me personally, both written and verbal. This communication is ongoing."

Gary's sending church??? Church, singular?? Would this be what we used to call a home church?

No New Triber I know is fully supported by just one church. Our family used to be supported by over ten churches and several dozen individual supporters. EVERY SINGLE PERSON who has ever sent money to Gary Earl needs to know what he did. Telling just one church is a major cop-out. I suspect this is how the Scott Kennell case was handled too. Tell just his home church, and you're done. You've done your duty.

I will say this clearly to all those who might be reading this out of curiosity because they support a New Tribes missionary: In my opinion, this is very disrespectful of you who give sacrificially to support the ministry of an NTM member. Now that I am no longer a missionary myself, I have a better understanding of what it means to be a supporter. To faithfully separate out your hard-earned dollars to send to your missionary. To pray for them. To read their prayer letters and keep up with their news and their ministry. Even if you send "only" $20 a month, you still feel a connection with your missionary. And you put a lot of trust in them and in their mission organization, to keep you informed.

If I were to find out a missionary I support committed a crime and I was not informed, I would feel very disrespected and offended. Individual supporters count too. So do "minor" supporting churches. They all have a right to know what their missionary is doing. The bad as well as the good. It is simply NOT RIGHT to hide this from them. I feel this very deeply in my soul.

And if I were to get a prayer letter like the one Gary Earl sent out, and then find out the TRUTH about why he was off the field and retiring, I would be FURIOUS! And I would have every right to be.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:11 pm 

But this is a vast improvement. When Graham Edwards was jailed NTM refused to inform any of his supporters, his own family had to do it. So one church is an improvement on zero. Yes I'm being sarcastic.

I'm disgusted too (hence the letter to Larry Brown). I've had a gutsful of NTM doing little or the wrong response and feel fully justified in the actions I have taken in the past years to force it into accountability. If in some small way, the actions I have taken cause it to sink, then I make no apologies. For even an Agnostic with haunting doubts has faith that a true and just God is on his side rather than on the side of they who permit the rape and molestation of innocent children entrusted to their care!

Gary Earl is just another in a long list of offenders, many of whom crossed my path. They are responsible for those who they have trained and sent out and it is their responsibility to inform donors to these individuals what has happened. To do anything less is fraud and dishonest.

The millstones are around the necks of those in NTM who have let innocent children be damaged, the ocean is deep and the ship is in grave danger of sinking. May God have mercy on the souls of . . . .

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:16 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 428 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 43  Next