[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Have you also been approached by an investigator recently?

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:08 pm 

It's what we call the Old Boys Network, and they expect we will be mesmerized by it and just play along, because we are a bit on the stupid side. As Mrs Bemused says, some of the dumbest people she has worked with have a string of letters after their name. As she says, they are good at what they trained for, but very little else.
I of course completely agree with Mrs Bemused, which makes me a smart man ;) .

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:21 pm 

I agree
and am horrified with all of you
at the same time.
This is despicable!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:15 am 

I'm going to copy/paste my emails from Brad Brown of PII. All have been received this month:

"As I have stated in my previous email, I am looking into the history of the boarding school in Papua New Guinea. We are currently conducting an investigation and your name came up as someone who we need to speak to. We would very much like to meet up with you so we could hear your story. We believe that your story may be able to shed some light on the work we are doing. We very much believe that you statement may be pivotal to our work. Please respond to this email as soon as you can so we can help all those who have similar stories to yours. We need your help. Thank you for your time in reading this. Have a great day and I hope to speak to you soon."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:31 am 

From me: "Can you tell me where the investigation is going? Meaning, who is doing it and what may be done with the research? I'm familiar with the FANDA report. I'm also familiar with what NTM has done with "investigations" in the past.

I don't mean this in any accusing way; it's just difficult to speak to a stranger without knowing where you're coming from.

Thanks so much!"

--------------------------

FROM BRAD, 7/12:

" Thank you for getting back to me. I really appreciate it. I completely understand your question and your concerns. Let me try to clear things up a bit for you. We are a third party, non-biased investigative firm that has been appointed by NTM to research any and all allegations of varying degrees of abuse. Our job is to find the truth no matter who is involved.
When our investigation is complete, we give the reports to NTM and make our recommendations based on our findings. If need be we will report to the necessary authorities. I assure you this is not like other "investigations" you may have heard of in the past.
We understand your hesitancy, and want to assure you that your story will be used in a way to add clarity and merit to our investigation. We are aware of the sensitivity involved in both talking about and hearing your story, and I want to let you know that your information will be treated very delicately and wisely. We want to give you a chance to tell your story in it's entirety to us, so we will be able to make accurate conclusions in our final report.

Will you please allow us to spend some time with you so we can get your story? I want to offer you two options to do so. One is to bring you to our office here in NE Washington State. We will pay for all travel and lodging expenses and it will be set up by our office. Another option is for us to travel to you and do our interview wherever you may be. Please let me know how you would like to do the interview, if you so choose to share your experience with us. Thank you for your time, and hope to speak to you soon. Take care."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:35 am 

I didn't see his 7/12 email, so didn't respond, and he wrote yesterday with:

"Just checking in to see if you have given any thought to my previous email and what your thoughts are. I am sure you have lots of questions about what is going on. We would love the opportunity to talk with you and explain what we have been tasked to do. We know something very inappropriate happened to you and that it is very difficult for you to re-live. However,your story is an important one that can truly help others. Only you can tell that story. We will soon be wrapping up this investigation and we hope you agree to speak with us. If an in person meeting is uncomfortable for you, we would be happy to meet with you over the phone. Whatever is most comfortable for you. The decision is yours. Whatever you decide we will respect your wishes. Please let us know either way as soon as you make that decision. Thank you very much for your consideration and I hope to hear from you soon."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:42 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:52 am 

And they will not release the report publically?
Only to ntm?
Maybe to authorities?
Deja vu, guys.
The Fanda MKs had to release the GRACE report.
GRACE gave it to both parties: ntm and Fanda MKs. (All good.)
And the MKs could do what they liked with it.
The liked to put it here.

Who will ever hear of this report?
Who even knows that a PNG investigation is going on?
How much $ is ntm going to spend on flights to places and etc?

It sounds fishy to me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:01 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:15 pm 

Thank you, dreamworlds, for sharing this additional information.

I continue to be deeply troubled by this development.

As I understand it, this is not the "full blown" investigation into decades of abuse in NTM-PNG which we have been assuming IHART would initiate in the future. It is apparently a smaller scale investigation of some sort.

But the scarcity of information and explanation is shocking. It is hard to believe anyone who knows anything about childhood abuse would expect survivors to freely give painful, personal information as a result of just a few brief e-mails. The question of who can be trusted is always a big issue for survivors. And what little I am seeing here would certainly not ease my own concerns, were I to be the recipient of such e-mails.

Shaking my head.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:31 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next