MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Current Needs In PNG
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:09 am 

Raz, you are correct that did come out a bit harsh and was not my intention at all. Though I do know of a few instances where an MK has come back to the US and has gotten involved in drugs, alcohol abuse and have taken the downward spiral, then lo and behold I hear a few years later they are recovered, doing well and what??? No Way.... they are back on the mission field. Another amazing testimony that NTM is the only way to succeed in life. Now I do realize I am judging these individuals unfairly, and this is probably something I should work on. (I'll add it to the list) yes, the never ending list, but at least it keeps life interesting :)

On a side note the NTM mentality that a parent has failed because their child(ren) did not go back into NTM is such BS. I wonder if my parents have ever experienced that reaction? I will need to ask them as they have only told me how proud of me they are and what I have accomplished.

And Raz, after reading many of your posts and even though I don't know you on a personal level, I think you are a fine parent, one of the few who have stood up and shown support to the many wounded who have posted on this website.

JJ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:27 am 

Thank you, JJ. Much appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:12 am 

Dear JJ and Raz,

I do appreciate the insight you both have brought to this dialogue. It confirms what I experienced and that is reassuring.
My parents produced three children. One black sheep, one a lovely snow white one and the other more designer grey. My father to his credit advised us on leaving Numonohi to go home get a career or job for at least a year and then look at the possibility of going back into NTM. It was good advice.
The black sheep just laughed, there was no way he was going back to NTM after what he'd been through, in fact he rarely grazed in a church or said the right religous things. Just kept going on and on about what he'd seen and experienced in PNG. This caused 30 years of disappointment, ill feeling for his parents. The malicious gossip and manipulation behind his back was annoying. Then Fanda Eagles came along and the old ram was confronted about his past and the family completely disentegrated.
Now I know I've written endlessly about this, but I've left my siblings out of these revelations, as they did not choose their childhoods and therefore their lives remain private. My parents did make choices that had implications which they must take responsibility for and my own story is on this site for others to view warts and all. However, the white sheep and the black sheep are poles apart and rarely graze together. The designer grey sheep is more interesting, the comment when told about the revelations of abuse was, "so you were right all those years". Being "right all those years" is a nice acknowledgement.
Anyway enough about sheep, I'd better go make sure my black fleece is ready for the day ahead ;) .