[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Current Needs In PNG

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Current Needs In PNG
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:57 am 

And now you can put whatever you want to in your Arizona Iced Tea.
And wear shorts.
I'm glad! :D
But sad for what you went thru before experiencing this freedom.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:06 am 

Iced tea, dreadful stuff. Shorts wonderful, who in their right mind wears jeans in this heat! As for freedom, oh yes, no more stupid rules, enforced by stupid people, designed to turn out stupid MKs who never question!
Break free folks, wear the shorts, walk tall, don't let the B@#%#ds ruin the rest of your life.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:11 am 

You live in AZ and don't drink the signature tea????
Put whatever you like in whatever you like.
Or drink it straight.
True freedom! :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:28 am 

Not Arizona, Australia!
What on earth have you been putting in your Iced Tea, my dear Mosquito, something with a bit of Bite? :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:25 pm 

HA! HA!
WHO is the Aussie babe who lives in Arizona?
All this time I thought it was you.
My delusions are showing..........

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:54 pm 

Yes, yes. You are quite right, it's Aussie from Arizona. Ten gallon hat, shorts and still trying to pull teeth out of that old Croc NTM Australia (or Crossview, as they call themselves).

:o

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:58 pm 

;)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:36 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:09 am 

When I graduated in the late 90's they were still making the graduates get up in church and give their speech on their future plans. I loved it! For one reason only, I got up there and was the only senior who said that I was NOT going to bible school or a christian college. I planned to go to a secular college, live on my own and experience life. It didn't go over very well but then again, I had already been labeled a trouble maker at that time and freedom was a few short weeks away.

On a side note, I find it distasteful that young adults are pressured into either going to bible school or a NTM approved christian college after high school. I also wonder if many of my childhood peers joined NTM as adults because they could not cope in the real world and the NTM culture was familiar and comfortable. Just my 2 cents for what it is worth.

JJ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:30 am 

That observation is worth a lot more than 2 cents, JJ.

As an NTM MK myself, and one who has witnessed the life courses of countless other MKs, it is very accurate.

The phrase "could not cope in the real world" may be a bit harsh. The reality is that for many of us, we never tested ourselves out to see if we could cope, or wanted to cope, or not. Like a frightened chick who flees back to its mamma at her slightest cluck, we never wandered far enough from home to even try out our own wings.

Remember, we didn't have to be "called" to be a missionary, or to join NTM. I wasn't "called". I was just comfortable.

We got rewarded for staying in the mission. We got rejected if we didn't.

When my own children were young adults, my husband and I saw one of our old Bible School teachers down in Sanford. In inquiring about our children, the only question he raised was, "So are your children back in 'the work'?" No concern about or interest in anything else about them. He just wanted to know if they were back in the work. If so, he would have given us a pat on the head and told us we'd done a good job. We were good parents.

Our answer was, "no".

He turned and walked away.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next