[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Abuse on Base

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Abuse on Base
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:35 pm 

Andy
Thank you for your suggestion re. contacting Gene Hendrix but there is a slight problem. NTM's History.
Over the past weeks I have had the time to read about NTM inaction on too many cases world wide and the lengths they are prepared to go in order to ensure things get dragged out. Absolutely devastating! NTM is hoping that with the death of these abusers comes the death of the "monkey on their back". Just in case I'm getting in now and having my say.

NTM is happy for the abused to discuss their horrific histories in a closed forum because it keeps it from the public at large. They can contain everything, control the fallout, the up and coming complaints and cases.

NTM definately knew about Jim Given in the early 1980's.
After beating the base's national gardner with a piece of 4''2'' wood. Again I was there....you see....an older fellow student made a mistake in identifying him for an incident that he did commit.

We were called to the dorm basement to find a fearful man waiting there and Jim Given called on the older of us to identify the man as being the one to blame. The gardner was identified by the older student and I wanted to say no,no but after weeks of suffering abuse at the hands of Jim Given myself I remained silent.

Jim Given told the young man to lie across the top of 3 drums as he picked up a piece of roughly about 4''2'' wood.
At this point we were told to leave but heard upstairs the beating he inflicted on this man.

How does a 7- 8yr deal with this?.....and the older teenage male in the dorm that made a joke about it.

At some point Jim Given got "too hot to handle" and the board wanted to move him off the base. Surprise, surprise!
With this he demanded to be sent to the village where my parents were working. Why should that be a problem you ask?

It was a problem because Jim Given had been sexually abusing me almost weekly from the time I was placed in his dorm. My parents refused to work with him....funny that. The board made their life a misery after this but he was not sent to work with them.

Next thing we hear....he and his family had been shuffled off to Africa(?South Africa)

So....calling Africa....if there are any of you out there....now is the hour.

Merry Christmas!! This is for all those who have been waiting all these years for NTM to do something!!

Post subject: Re: Abuse on Base
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:08 pm 

Alex Hailey could have written, "Roots II" and based it on Jim Given. And Jim wasn't the only "missionary" to commit atrocities based on their warped racial views (Andy if you're reading this, e-mail me, I'll give you another name and the details). The man was arrogant enough to bragg about his racial views, his wealth (the only millionaire in NTM PNG, info courtesy of Jim, the other Jim and his relatives), his sexual exploits and then demand to go and live near someone he had been abusing.

Notice that NTM made life difficult for the abused's parents, not for dear christian Jim. Why, because of the old problem, Jim was a U.S. citizen, the abused parents weren't. This happened over and over. It happened to my parents, it happened to the New Zealand family based in Wewak. If there was ever a dispute between a U.S. missionary and another, no matter how ridiculous the situation guess who was always believed and who got the raw deal. My mother suffered a mental breakdown because of this procedure, their house was stolen and they were left pennyless. My parents first term was 6 years long, because no one could be found to replace my father in his job, bet no one else did a 6 year term.

I have to agree with Radioshack. NTM's record is shocking on dragging this sorry saga out. Court cases stalled, investigation recommendations not heeded e.t.c. So is it any of us are not deluding ourselves that the current investigation is going to achieve much, especially for a bunch of second class NTM MKs and their families at the bottom of the globe. And it certainly won't achieve anything for the poor indigenous victims of one Jim Given.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:35 pm 

Just want to correct my story....the word should be "didn't commit(in relation to the national gardner). He was innocent.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:54 pm 

Does this story never stop. Clue me in, what was the reason NTM was in these countries in the first place? Did I hear preaching the Gospel? I realize people are not perfect and I also realize people will sin but when there is cover up and complicity by the very organization that sent these same people who committed these sins, than who wants their Gospel? I think I can hear, not me, thank you very much! The cover up and complicity caused so many more children to be harmed, not that one child is not important but allowing the abuse to continue is abhorrent. Full stop.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:12 am 

If I was an outsider looking in I would ask the same question, why would anyone want to accept the gospel when this is going on and being covered up?
But then to be fair the majority of missionaries were not on the base where this occured, but actually doing what they were supposed to be in the remote areas. They were badly let down by the antics of others, what they new of what was going on could be very little at the time.
For me, our neighbour was jailed for offences, my father is a brainwasher and participated in the cover up. The field chairman at the time was dismissed for shredding and covering up evidence. Jim Given was rampant and bragging about it. Somehow I turned out relatively normal, although my wife kindly points out that the jury is still out on that one. 8-)

P.s. What exactly is normal :?:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:47 am 

Normal, like beauty, can be in the eye of the beholder but I know what went on with NTM is not normal. I would like to say being normal is like being me but can't say that either. Full stop.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:23 am 

The whole thing defies imagination!
Raz, count us in outside the gates.
We will be shredding our clothes and donning the sacks.
But joy comes in the morning!
He will turn our mourning into dancing.
We haven't forgotten how to do the dance of joy. :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:29 am 

Wow! such ugliness makes my heart cry(not that my eyes aren't watering) Such pain and unfair treatment to students and nationals. I don't even know how to write the words to discribe the pain I feel right now.

Thanks so much for being able to unload such filth. How many are in hell today because of the "missionary"?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:08 pm 

Does anyone besides me wonder if NTM's most depraved candidates selected Papua New Guinea as their field of choice partly because it was so remote, so far from the Sanford headquarters that they thought they could indulge their wickedness undetected?

The atrocities that occurred in that far-away country make my skin crawl. That field seems to have been the hideout for an incredibly high number of racists, abusers, sadists, pedophiles, perverts, deviants, and other misfits and criminals.

I wonder if they went there on purpose?

(My apologies to the hundreds of decent, hard working, good-hearted missionaries who also labored there. By no means is it my intention to paint you all with the same brush.)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:52 pm