[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Finally! the reason NTM isn't using GRACE (actually 10)

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:24 am 

As I remember, GRACE met with the NTM Board and (separately) with MKs AFTER each group had had a chance to read thru the report. THEN the report was released publicly.
And as I remember, NTM tried to get GRACE to change some points. (Of course.)
So now NTM has their membership convinced that the GRACE Report is very flawed.
Collusion and heads in the sand!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:22 pm 

My goodness, the disgusting NTM pscho-babbal REALLY hasn't stopped after all these years has it?!!!
I was horrified and angry to read the patronizing and entirely twisted "concerns" raised by NTM lawyers regarding the Grace report. You all at NTM headquarters should be ashamed of yourselves. Then again the moral compass of lawyers is equal to that of NTM so what more would we
expect?!. Absolutely disgusting!!

How did the abused in the Catholic church cases deal with this sort of disgusting spin doctoring?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:42 pm 

The Catholic Church has suffered immense damage from its scandals. Many western Catholics have walked away from their church. Western countries are now importing clergy from third world countries because they can't find enough clergy of their own and the compensation payouts are huge, not to mention the loss of revenue as donations from the faithful have dropped.

I remember the long lectures from my father and others on the evils of the Catholic Church, yet the Catholic Church has had the intestinal fortitude to come clean about what was going on and are making good attempts to right their wrongs. Even the Pope has gone on tv and apologised unreservedly.

As for NTM, we wait with our weight till we be "the Late".

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:25 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:47 pm 

There's actually a whole thread about the Donna Beach recommendations under Fanda -> NTM recommendations failure.

http://fandaeagles.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=801

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:53 pm 

You will also find that in spite of the fact the Gary & Donna Beach are still active members of NTM (as far as I know), they do not show up in the list of missionaries on the NTM website. I have found some churches that still support them as NTM missionaries in England.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:34 pm 

Thanks for the site reference Jerry

After all the #$ite NTM dished out when I was growing up it still alarms me when I read how clearly
negligent they remain! A complacency beyond comprehension.....horrifying.

"Incident was dealt with openly" at the time.......my %ss it was!.

Am I to understand that the teenage boys parents were sent back to Bible school also.....madness!

Then again they always did protect the perp and bully the abused/family didn't they?.

SO.....is this how they are justifying all the other perps abusive records....by looking at their service to NTM in other countries. If they can be seen to be acceptable in new placements then years of abuse in previous countries is null n void? You have got to be kidding me!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:09 pm 

This is the unbelievable response I got from the NZ NTM rep when I e-mailed him about a paedophile. "To be quite honest I don’t know if your mum and dad know of ________ offending. I believe it has been dealt with in the appropriate way."

I'm not sure if this guy is totally thick, but his daughters would have had contact with this paedophile as did myself and my siblings. As for appropriate way, this paedophile was reported by one of his victims, but she wasn't believed and it was 20 years latter before he ended up behind bars.

Nothing has changed, nothing will change unless someone with a very big sharp stick bursts the religo babble bubble that headquarters is hiding in. Even I as a rarely praying MK, am praying for that big stick.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:46 pm 

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:56 pm 

Bemused, is that seriously all he had to say? No....it's has been a concern or it's unfortunate that this
sort of thing has been found to be a part of NTM. Reasons why they didn't attempt to contact families who spent years in close proximity to the perpetrator Was that it?!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next