[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Are boarding schools healthy?

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:47 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:47 pm 

Though I have never posted a reply on these forums/website, I can honestly say that I have read every single word from "cover to cover" if you will since the day the report came out. I have shed so many tears, felt so much anger, identified with so many of your stories. I have my own as a child but it did not involve an NTMer though I was an NTMmk for my first 18 years. More hard, horrible things as an adult but I think that's probably true for most folks. I really just wanted to communicate my thanks for your willingness to "stick it out there". I know just how easily it can get chopped off by those who choose (yes, choose) not to believe or want to look the other way. There is always much sacrifice in defending the truth but Jesus did not promise us that this life would be easy, really just the opposite. I figure if I loose anything in the fight for right, then that is the least of what I can give back to my Heavenly Father. Your relentless quest to cling to Christ has been a blessing to me personally. Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:09 am 

Thank you for speaking up, So Sad. And my deep thanks for the encouragement. I know I, for one, needed to hear that.
Blessings to you.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:11 pm 

I heard that Vianopolis is closing down. I heard that not only is the school closing, but everything on the property is closing and that it will be sold. Is this true?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:05 pm 

I heard that the school might be closing, mostly due to lack of students, but haven't heard anything about closing everything else. That being said, the only other things there, as far as I know. is the Brazilian language school.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:32 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:48 pm 

I knew we'd get back to Numonohi, Oliguti, and other PNG horrors eventually.

Several years ago a lot of information was posted here in the forums by and about PNG MKs and their nightmare memories. I want you all to know I read every word, and was appalled at the level and scope of abuse of all kinds.

All of you deserve to be heard, validated and vindicated. All the people who hurt you so deeply need to be exposed BY NAME, and held accountable. It is not unreasonable for you to expect justice to be done.

The last thing I want to see is for you to be re-victimized in any way. I have a concern about anything underhanded or secretive going on. I don't want to see hopes and expectations raised, and in the end for you to feel you shared your memories and your pain and did not receive the results you hoped for.

I am very, very concerned about what is going on, or what I think might be going on.

Please God, don't let my fellow MKs be hurt anymore. Enough is enough. They have already paid such a high price for decisions their parents made when they were just children, or not even born yet. No more pain. Please.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:26 pm 

I'll speak on behalf of another who is very close to me and myself on this one.

There is no hearing, no validation and no vindication for Kiwi MKs from PNG. NTM Australia does not want to know and any approach to them, if one gets a reply are threats.
The whole thing is a web of lies and deceipt. We didn't matter when we were kids and we do not matter now. We are but a small group, so easily dismissed as being irrelevant.
I get lovely e-mails wishing me a nice reconciliation with my family. About half of Kiwi NTM MKs have no family any more, this issue has split our families and we have either been disowned or walked away. Some of us get bizzare hate mail and strange things dropped in our mail boxes. We put up with our parents peddaling to any religious nutter that will listen to them, their side of the story which is always the same "They are bitter and twisted and not walking with the lord".
THERE WILL BE NO RECONCILIATION WITH OUR FAMILIES Our families sold us for the price of keeping favour with NTM (in it's various guises), they vehmently do not want the past looked into and one can have an educated guess why!!!! Our families will only have us back if we shut up and pretend like the other MKs that nothing happened.

It's a horrible choice to make or have made for you, but that is how the cookie crumbled.

We don't want sympathy and nice words, we just ask that whoever is investigating this mess is very clear who they are and what motives they have. We have been asked to trust before and then shitted on, never ever again!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:26 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:37 am 

I found this article highly intriguing.

It is about the effects of boarding schools used by the elite rich in Great Britain. But the correlations and applications I see are fascinating.

http://www.theguardian.com/education/20 ... ?CMP=fb_gu

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next