[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - E-mails to NTM

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: E-mails to NTM
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:01 pm 

If you have sent an e-mail to the CPC, or to Tibby Westcott, or to Larry Brown, you might want to consider the possibility that they did not receive your e-mail.
Yesterday I sent an e-mail to those three recipients, plus some others. One of the others is someone I regularly exchange e-mails with. Thank goodness they forwarded my e-mail to Larry and Tibby, and that is the only way it reached them.
I learned today that Larry, Tibby and the CPC never received my original e-mail. But I also never got a notification that my e-mail was undelivered.
I'm just getting this information out to all of you, in case someone has e-mailed NTM leadership and is wondering why you haven't heard back. From now on, if we e-mail them, we might want to ask for immediate confirmation that they received it, just to be sure.
There must be some kind of filter or something that may be keeping us "outsiders'" e-mails from reaching their intended recipients.

Hmmmm ...

"Hello, in there!!!"
"Anybody listening???"
"Echo"
"echo"
"cho..."

Post subject: Re: E-mails to NTM
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:24 pm 

Regarding the 'lost' emails - what is one to do? I, myself, have been waiting for a usually next day response from one of the above mentioned, only to hear the silence. Perhaps just hope said person sees this and goes hunting...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:21 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:02 am 

Highlander, if your e-mail didn't go through, they won't be able to find it even if they search. Tibby looked for mine in her inbox, and in the CPC inbox, and it was not there. And the bad thing was, I got no notification that my e-mail hadn't been delivered, so I had no way to know it didn't make it through.
I hope Larry has now been alerted, and the NTM e-mail system will get checked and hopefully modified. I understand they may be wary of getting e-mails from strangers, but truly, if important e-mails regarding MK abuse are getting lost in transit, they need to be concerned.
For now, I suggest you request a confirmation from the recipient that your e-mail was received. And if you don't hear back, maybe re-send it through a New Triber you trust?
A last resort -- gasp! -- would be to go back to snail mail, but that is almost against my religion these days! :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:05 am 

You might to CC to GRACE (info@netgrace.org).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:42 pm 

I have just received notice from The Computer Guy at Sanford that all but one of the e-mails I sent to ntm.org have been considered spam, and were never received by their recipients.
Please be aware that if you are not on their list of acceptable contacts, any e-mails you have sent to anyone with that address suffix may also have been deemed as spam, and never read.
NTM: If you can't fix this somehow,it won't make much sense for you to say you want to hear from abused MKs. :(
I do sincerely hope you can find a solution.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:46 pm 

This late afternoonn I wrote to someone thru the NTM "Find a Missionary" and got a form response from Macon Hare to confirm it going thru with my message attached.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:59 pm 

That may just be an automated response. I would check with the recipient to make sure they got it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:52 pm 

Well, in light of all this, getting a reply that an email to Scott Ross "was deleted from the recipient's computer without being read" doesn't seem all that bad!

NTM, you're in bad shape when Scott Ross is more considerate than you!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:13 pm 

I opened a gmail account today. NTM, you can now reach me through gmail.
I am doing everything I can to keep communication lines open.
Aggravation has subsided.
Peace out.