[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Actions that can be taken

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:40 am 

If I may ....Yall still seem to be looking at NTM from the old "One Big Family" standpoint, its not like that anymore. Not for us!
Any correspondence with/from NTM, any statements from NTM have been pre-approved by their
attorneys. You will not get a straight answer to anything, only vague "maybes".
There is no more Uncle this or Aunt that.....we are dealing with a corporation where self-preservation and continued profitability is the paramount concern.
"What should NTM do?".....If that were the only question this would have been dealt with many years ago. The right thing to do is not really that elusive a concept. None of this is about "Doing the right thing", Its about covering the collective NTM ass.

Post subject: Re: HOAX Warnings
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:54 am 

Well, i didnt realize that this is supposed to be some type of fight but, hey, what the hell!

!-- OK, have you ever lived in a high school dorm where four-fifths of the kids were cousins or closer?

Sure have! As a matter of fact, i can show you a whole county where Im related to 90% of the people there....didnt help my sex life. Had to move.

2-- Have you ever gotten on a website to defend your sister and thereby severed forever relationships/friendships with close relatives and friends?

Cant say Ive ever envolved a website but Im pretty much the only family I have due to publically defending my mother.

3-- Have you ever gotten on a website to prod people into action....people that in times past literally saved your life?

Actually, yes! Yes to be part of my job.

4--Have you ever spent hours and hours and hours trying to investigate, evaluate and come up with solutions to a situation that involves the most sordid of crimes and cover-ups?

Yes...see #3

5-- Profitability? I'm sorry. Unless you can show me some hidden mansion,...etc etc etc....Ad nauseum...

I drive by the NTM headquarters almost every day. That property alone even in this economy is worth multiple millions. All the other real estate holdings only add to that figure....and thats just real estate! The missionaries on the field werent even mentioned in my previous post....pay attention....

Cynical? I prefer the term realistic.
Follow the money! Do you really think that just because NTM constantly invokes the name of Christ they are above being about the money? Its always about the money.
OOPS! almost missed it.....

6-- For the attorney that scripted Larry Brown's trip to Georgia to meet with law enforcement, that attorney is nuts. That's the last thing an attorney would suggest.

Normally you would be correct,however, this is not a normal case or client!
They still have a reputation that must be considered. NTMs reputation is everything. Without it there would be no NTM.

There! I hope that satisfies your chest thumping fetish. If you have any further questions feel free to ask.

Oh, just an FYI..... Those voices? No matter what they tell you, they are NOT your friends.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:14 pm 

emh,

Here is NTM's financial picture: http://ministrywatch.com/profile/new-tribes-mission.aspx#top

Grade: A Rating
Sector: Foreign Missions
Efficiency Rating: 5 Star Financial
Total Revenue: $64,418,000 Total
Expenses: $63,891,000
Net Assets: $26,834,000

The Sanford property would be included in the Net Assets. Not exactly an entity flush with cash, but they are doing just fine as an orgnization. They spend almost as much as they take in.

Just thought you might be interested......

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:18 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:20 pm 

I wonder what the other set of books show.....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:22 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:28 pm 

[quote="ZankFrappa"][quote="MK py"]Grade: A Rating
Sector: Foreign Missions
Efficiency Rating: 5 Star Financial
Total Revenue: $64,418,000 Total
Expenses: $63,891,000
Net Assets: $26,834,000

The Sanford property would be included in the Net Assets. Not exactly an entity flush with cash, but they are doing just fine as an orgnization. They spend almost as much as they take in.[/quote]

I realize I'm late to this party, but I'm curious—does anyone know how this compares to other missions organizations? Is this par for the course? I'm not even sure who to compare NTM to. Wycliffe, SIM, YWAM, CMML, etc.?[/quote]

Just an additional comment. I believe that the total revenue and expenses includes all monthly support that is processed for personnel in the organization. This is only NTM USA organization. Other organizations around the world hold their own assets.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:40 pm 

Transparency
Grade:

A Rating
Sector:

Wycliffe:

Efficiency Rating:3 Star
Total Revenue: $208,838,000
Total Expenses: $163,712,000
Net Assets: $144,988,000

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:28 pm 

The most euphoric of Larry Brown's cheerleaders has styled his most recent actions as "too little, too late." I agree, and to that extent I am as impressed as I can be.

I am not a lawyer, but I am going to base my comment here upon the advice that Ornery Thornery has told us a good lawyer would give NTM.

And, I'm going to opine that a failure on the part of NTM to give Mahalko and That Girl information that NTM has in its files is totally consistent with what Ornery Thornery says a good lawyer would do. A good lawyer would never give up damaging information until he absolutely had to. He would be able to resist the plaintive cries for help from victims, finding higher ground on his obligations to her/ his clients.

NTM's actions with respect to the Les Emory incidents are totally consistent with protecting NTM's corporate reputation. Without making any accusations, they are also consistent with buying time to find documents and help them go missing.

There are a number of actions which could be taken that would be consistent with "not trying to save NTM," some of which would not be too little, too late. But, they aren't being taken.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:30 am 

I didn't mean to post this here and I can't seem to delete it:(