Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:26 pm 

And a Sunday Amen!
(Saturday counts too.)
:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:11 pm 

Get radicalised and become an ISIS terrorist and expect to be terminated.

Join a mission, rape and molest little children and expect to be forgiven.

Evil should be dealt with exactly the same way! No ifs, buts or forgiveness!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:30 am 

Another blogger has shared some great insights on this touchy topic of forgiveness.

Maybe if we could lay that word aside, and use the word "unburdening" instead, it would help.

http://www.goodtherapy.org/blog/why-i-d ... py-0120164

"Once we have determined that forgiveness is not necessary, we work on finding a word that will be more congruent for the person in his or her trauma work. I like the word unburdening, which is something I first heard in Richard Schwartz’s book Internal Family Systems Therapy. I understand unburdening as a letting-go process. That is, letting go of the power the trauma has over a person, expressing and releasing anger and other strong emotions about what happened without criticism or expectation of what needs to come next. This includes allowing a person to have as much time as is needed to feel whatever he or she is feeling. This may include rage, hate, and resentment, among other emotions.

It is equally important for others to refrain from pushing someone into forgiving a perpetrator. Even if the intention is coming from a good place, trying to get someone who has been violated to forgive can feel like being victimized all over again. Instead, it is more helpful to validate that the person is entitled to his or her feelings. Being a listening ear instead of trying to fix the issue is much more supportive and healing. The person needs to be able to have a voice and express what he or she is feeling and thinking without the fear of judgment."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:33 pm 

I, Deja do, will never forgive any man who rapes or molests a child unless he turns himself over to the full force of the law and accepts the penalty given as his punishment. And I shall not forgive anyone who aids, abeits or covers up for the same men. Nor will I forgive any organisation that deliberately obstructs justice!

I, I, I.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:04 pm 

Yes, and true repentance would only be evident if he did turn himself over to the law.
So forget any other comments anyone wants to make in his behalf.