[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - NEW: IHART Website

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: NEW: IHART Website
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:15 am 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:53 pm 

Nope, don't think we are in trouble. We are just exposing the truth on an organisation that has chosen to be lead down the wrong path and far away from it's original aims.
Whatever NTM does and says will now be analysed, scrutinised and held up for transparency. It's a situation of their own making, not any outsiders. But outsiders are now looking at the situation in increasing numbers, because it is the truth of how bad this scandal has been handled has now become stranger than fiction.

NTM is in all sorts of trouble, in trouble with it's own members, with law enforcers, with donors who are seeing wastage, in public perception and with it's own MKs.

None of this needed to occur, the last chance of redemption was the GRACE report, but this opportunity was thrown away and now NTM will reap what it has sown. While the likes of myself observe the fields of chaff with astonishment.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:23 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:12 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:12 pm 

How the world has changed.
I remember how we were the chosen few who responded to "The Call" and we bravely gave up our comfortable western lifestyles and ventured into the unknown. Those at home scratched their heads or admired our bravery.

Now it is the brave who exit from what seems to have become a rather comfortable lifestyle, back into the unknown of financial and social insecurity.

I hope the friends you had in NTM remain friends and respect your decision, it cannot have been an easy decision to make and I hope in the long run you gain the confirmation that it was the right one.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:45 pm 
Thanks, Raz & Bemused.

Yes, it was a difficult decision, but there is no doubt in my mind it was the right one.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:48 pm 

For those of you who don't remember, go back and read flyer80's previous posts. Especially this one:

I think it adds a very important context.

Thanks, flyer80, for your courage. May you be blessed in whatever new ventures you undertake.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:01 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:41 pm 

Deep in my soul there is something I know. Something I am absolutely sure of.

I know that within the New Tribes Mission organization there are people with integrity. There are people with a strong sense of morality, and a desire for justice, and a deep appreciation for truth. There are people who sincerely believe and strive to live by the principles in the Bible. People who do not just say with their mouths that they follow God, but they actually do so, to the best of their human ability.

I know that there are people who love their children and do everything they can to keep them safe at all times. I know that they have empathy for families whose children have been abused, or beaten, or molested. Especially if that wounding happened within the structure of the mission organization in which they serve.

I know that there are MKs in NTM who remember what it was like to be left in boarding school, how the tears would dampen their pillow as they cried of homesickness in the night, and how much they feared the school staff who were known to be cruel and harsh with rods and paddles and belts.

I know that within New Tribes there are people who understand the effects that child abuse has on people, even when they are grown adults. I know there are those who are perceptive enough that they will be repulsed if they hear someone claim that many of the MKs who report they were abused as children are making things up, or exaggerating, that they are just angry and bitter, not walking with the Lord, or just want to get the mission's money.

I know that there are current NTM members who are struggling to sort through all the words, who are trying to understand what the mission's strategy is, why the continued delays, excuses, expenses, and evasions. I believe there are those who are disappointed in the choices that have been made by NTM under the guidance of their legal advisors. Not only disappointed, but embarrassed. It must be really awkward for many, trying to find a way to explain NTM's response to the issue of the abuse of their children, when supporters, family members, and even strangers ask hard questions.

I know that behind close doors, there are those who are discussing and praying and thinking about what their own personal response should be to all these things that are so very troubling. How did the mission get so sidetracked by this issue that this is now such a major focus? Why do things seem to be getting worse, and not better? Why are the MKs being stalled over and over, or led around in endless circles? What are these honest, sincere servants of God supposed to do, what divine guidance is going to be given them?

How do I know these things about some current NTM members? I know, because for almost 50 years, I was a part of this mission. I know, because much of who I myself am today was shaped directly by my childhood and adulthood in New Tribes. That is where I learned my honesty, integrity, morality, and courage. I am a product of what is good about NTM. And because I know myself, I know that there are many others like me. People who think. People who hear the still small voice of the Spirit. People who will stand up and use their voice, and speak out for truth, and for what is right.

And with that confidence, deep in my heart, I will go to bed, and sleep well.

Because I KNOW I am not alone.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:10 am 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24  Next