MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: NEW: IHART Website
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:18 pm 

I think this very clearly demonstrates the "top priority" that's being given to this "very important" situation. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:29 pm 

Both fields have an update!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:32 pm 

Can you copy them?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:26 am 

Only people involved in the Bolivia and Panama investigations have access to the specific, private updates posted on the IHART website. The rest of us can't see them.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:29 am 

There is a general update. The IHART website is set up in such a way that things cannot be copied and pasted here on Fanda Eagles. Anything posted here has to be re-typed. But you can read the entire general update at this link:

http://www.ihart.care/progress.html

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:44 pm 

My takeaways from this March report:

It looks like there is still a plan for a recommendations panel to go over the investigation material and make recommendations to NTM about how to respond. I can't tell if Pat's original vision for the makeup of this group remains the same. Just a reminder that there was already a recommendations panel that met in regard to the Panama investigation. This was prior to NTM moving Pat out, and moving Theresa in, at IHART. I don't know if we will be informed about whether the panel referred to in this March report will consist of the same group of people, or if it will be a different group. Also in question is whether the recommendations already made by the group that met in Sept., 2014 will stand, or if they are being discarded, and the panel now being referred to will start all over.

I also see in this report, the possibility that Theresa is preparing us for the plan that IHART and NTM will use outdated standards and attitudes about children in order to soften the harshness of abuses of the past. My hope would be that instead of pointing out differences in practices of the past to rationalize and mitigate, the mission would instead come out with a strong repudiation of the terrible mistakes made by the mission during the 1950s-80s. Adult MKs who survived abandonment and abuse need to be validated in order for healing and reconciliation to take place. In my opinion, NTM would better protect its reputation by admitting that terrible things happened to small children in their midst in the past, rather than trying to skirt the issue by shifting the focus to what was considered normal in the old days, or to the fact that today's MKs are now much safer than before.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:54 pm 

Yes, easy to read on that website using that link.
Upsetting that many of us will never see the completed reports
As we did with the Fanda Report.
The public will never see them.
What a good thing that thru some mistake
GRACE did the Fanda report
And it was released to the world thru the MKs
(Not thru ntm)
We must remember that whoever makes the recommendations
ntm does not have to heed them.
It would be good to see ntm turn around
And at last admit to the terrible things that took place under their watch.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:18 pm 

Based on the current update, I predict that there won't be another one until sometime in May.

I'm also fairly certain that whatever reports are released will not name any names nor detail what the specific abuses were. Also, when we do discover the names, all of them will be either deceased or long separated from NTM. Blame will be placed on field leadership who probably had very little, if any involvement with the treatment of the MKs. Consequently there will be pretty much nothing to be done. No churches or supporters will be notified, and no one will try to find out if any of those people are, or have been, involved in ministries that involve children and notify them of the findings. The summary will point out that things are much different now, and that MKs are much safer, so no changes in the toxic culture of NTM will be recommended.

In other words, it's all just been a colossal waste of time and effort, and the MKs continue to be denied any validation or healing.

(Sorry I'm so cynical, but it just seems to me like this whole process just keeps getting worse and worse. Please correct me if you think I'm wrong or being too harsh.)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:42 pm 

You are neither wrong nor harsh, Jerry.

I think your predictions are accurate, based on what we've already seen from NTM, and I know you are one who has been following this entire "colossal waste of time and effort" for a long time.

I don't think this debacle is beyond salvaging though.

Once NTM/IHART has shown clearly that they will not be naming names or disseminating true information, then what happens next will be in the hands of the abuse survivors.

The survivors DO know the names. They DO know what happened.

If they are ready to tell their stories and name their abusers, they many do so. Here on Fanda Eagles or through some other means.

MK survivors, these are YOUR stories. You have the right to make them known, if you so choose.

With or without NTM's or IHART's permission.

You're not in boarding school anymore. They can't tell you what you can and cannot do.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:31 am 

This is what I've been thinking for a long time (and which has been completely lacking from NTM):

Attachments:
12717595_995905927130271_673234591966497357_n.jpg
12717595_995905927130271_673234591966497357_n.jpg [ 69.82 KiB | Viewed 8091 times ]
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next