[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Dear Larry Brown, letters you should reply to

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:34 pm 

Dear Aunty X, (with real thoughts)

It was sooooo lovely to reconnect with you on Facebook this week (I'm suspecting you have an ulterior motive or need some friends about now). I have such lovely memories of being in your dorm all those years ago (actually I dreaded most of it). You and Uncle meant so much to me (I'm pushing the truth here, because Uncle couldn't keep his hands to himself and you beat us kids for petty things).
I am so glad to hear that your kids are all grown up and now missionaries too (well they must have had a change of heart, they were spoilt little brats, couldn't they get a real job) you must be very pleased.
I have such fond memories of all the lovely food you cooked for us (actually the house girl did most of the work).
My brothers and sisters are doing really well and following the Lord (they're in therapy and haven't been in church for decades) and our dear parents are so grateful for all you did for us kids (we can't communicate with our parents, because they don't want to know).
You have really earned your retirement (so you're getting out before it all goes pear shaped), if you are ever passing by it would be lovely to catch up, just drop on in (no address supplied).
Isn't facebook wonderful.

Blessings

MK

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:43 am 

How do you feel
When you read post after post
Do they go well with coffee
Or do you choke on the toast

Do you want to dive
Into the Word of God
To find a little verse
To solve this little problem odd

Do you wait for the Holy Spirit
To show you what to say
Hoping you hear nothing
And that it will all go away

Do you look across the fence
And see others have done worse
Like them naughty Catholics
Who in sin did fully immerse

Do you want to scream "forgive"
And then it will all go away
Because it can be all forgotten
And you can get on your way

Do you want to blame the law
Or the natives in foreign land
Do you want to sing "We Welcome You"
Drown out the posts with big brass band

Do you never want to imagine
If this was your little girl
Robbed of her childhood
Caught up in evils whirl

Do you want to go on reading
Prayer letters of dire need
And tick the like on facebook
Of each servant who sows the seed

Do you want to apply labels
To posters you know not
Like "bitter", "unforgiving"
And "ungrateful for their lot"

Or do you want to vomit
When you read of all the pain
The pain inflicted by the wolves
Who claimed in Jesus name

Do you want to hunt them down
And strip away the fleece
Show the world who they really are
And some justice finally release

Do you want to hear your conscience
Scream above every religious word
Resist the temptation to patronize
And let your feelings be really heard

Do you want to weep with survivors
And mourn those who mourn their dead
Do you want to shake the world
From it's comfortable little bed

Do you want to find millstones
And apply them in Jesus name
To those who killed little souls
In their perverted little game

So what do you want to do
As you finish this poetic post
What will you do my friend
As you have your tea and toast?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:16 pm 

That is another REALLY good one, Bemused!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:20 am 

Dear Larry Brown,

I've been curious about this for the past month... Why have I not received a single communication from you or from any member of the executive committee*? Why has only Brian
Coombs, someone new to his job as of January 2014 when my case was already closed, and someone who is not an executive committee member, the only one who has written to me? Why is he the one receiving the majority of the phone calls and emails from those who read my story? Why aren't you standing up for your man and taking the blows for him?

I only recently found out that Mr. Coombs is not on the executive committee. I thought such an important matter as abuse would be communicated through an executive committee member.

I have confirmed that at least three of your executive committee members: Dan Hurley, Dan Kreider, and Brian Shortmeier, received the full report of my investigation, and Dan Hurley was one of those on the review board. Wouldn't you agree that those who read such a sensitive, personal account of mine, would want to contact me now that they know who the victim is? Is my story such a small matter to you, that none of you will write me a note?

Please remind Brian Shortmeier that he was my principal at Numonohi. Tell him: You know me. You called me into your office when I was a young teen, to tell me you were proud of me for being kind to the kids who were less popular. You know me! Why have I not heard personally from you?

NTM MK friends tell me I'm foolish to expect this courtesy from you, but I DO. I was born into New Tribes Mission. I remember the humanity of many missionaries. I know the majority are good people. Many of my friends are now NTM missionaries. But I'm beginning to feel like the fool my friends think I am. NTM has called me a former MK who is making demands over cookies. Is this really what you want to publicly say about one of your own?

Lori McAlister
Class of 1989
PNG

*The current executive committee, as listed on page 5 :

Larry Brown, Chairman and CEO
Dan Kreider, Executive Director
Brian Shortmeier, General Secretary
Marv Ketcham, Training Liaison
Mike Sullivan, Director of Church Relations Ron Lindsey. Member at Large
Paul Wyma, Member at Large Bill Hurley

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:47 am 

Yes it is common courtesy to reply to e-mails and messages. To be fair to Larry, he has in the past replied to a few of my messages and given my well publicized lack of response from Crossview, he does deserve credit for this. However my last two e-mails have received no response from Sanford (and IHART has not replied either), including the one where I graciously accepted their offer of an apology. Given that others have had no replies from anyone at Sanford, it is beginning to look like there has been a policy change or the leadership has gone into hiding or been advised not to respond (I could be wrong, but given the lack of response, I have to deduct on the evidence or lack thereof).

Larry is in an unenviable position. His mission is in serious trouble, it has made dreadful mistakes with the Gary Earl case and now even some of it's loyal members are questioning the wisdom of what is going on at the top level (and we are grateful that they are asking questions). Fanda Eagles has proven that NTM went back on it's reassuring words that paedophiles would be terminated promptly and this proof has gone into the public arena.
Alas for Larry he has big hard choices to make, because the future of NTM is at stake. But that is what a good leader does, makes hard choices, even if it goes against the legal advice of those who pull influential strings or takes a financial impact on donations. Whatever road Larry attempts to guide NTM down, people are going to get hurt, futures will be ruined, that alas the price of the inherited mess he has on his plate.

I won't be hypocritical and offer to pray for Larry as he makes tough decisions, but if he wants to pick my brains as an MK who has been around for a while, then I'm available, for my door hasn't closed yet.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:22 am 

Larry's a little busy traveling around the world.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:53 pm 

Seriously? I had images of the whole Executive Committee hiding in their Sanford bunker, hoping this will all blow over. Sorry boys, you lit the fuse yourselves, not us, not ICE, not GRACE or anybody else. And the fuse is burning quickly!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:51 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:05 pm 

I would love to travel WITH Aunty Aussie! Wouldn't that be fun! ("No, Maam, you cannot take your chainsaw on board with you. It won't fit in the overhead compartment.")

Let's offer our services as travel companions for rich kids, Aussie! We will keep them safe! My creep-radar is pretty accurate!

:D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:08 pm 

On a more somber not, brazen pedophiles can do a lifetime of damage in a few moments' time.

And that is a very tragic fact.

:cry:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next