[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - NTM's other locations

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:10 pm 

Yes I'm alive, just been away for a couple of weeks and then recuperating from being away. Long story and a shame to bore the pants off ye all on this most enlightening thread, so will go and post my adventures where they can be filed in the "obscure and bizarre" section.

Meanwhile I'm interested in hearing the experiences and insight of those who exited NTM in the training (or were shown the door), it gives a clue as to what was going on.
I do agree with Aussie, Arrogance is the underlying problem in Triberland, oh sure it is covered up with fake humility, but to assume that you are better than all others because you possess some special insight into spirituality and are the only ones doing what God says, leads to the problems that have manifested themselves so loudly.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:05 pm 

I think it's more my parents' story to tell, and they don't want to rehash it. I'm not sure there is a whole lot else I can tell you, other than what's already been stated. They're controlling, manipulating, abusers in all branches & locations. I don't know that sharing what I remember or know, regardless of how messed up it is, would really benefit anyone, and more or less would just seem like me tattling on people. Nothing will be done about it, as proof of previous investigations. Will what I say change anything? Most likely not. Is it wrong? Absolutely. It's already proven futile to take any info to NTM itself. The only way to bring down NTM is to remove the funding.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:05 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:18 pm 

Yes Allbetter our church dropped two missionary families because their mission refused to rehire GRACE to do the investigation of the abuse that had taken place. Our Pastor wrote to the mission explaining that they needed to rehire GRACE to get an honest investigation. The church gave the mission two months to give us an answer. We gave the missionaries four months. We never heard from the mission or the missionaries. Yes Allbetter churches can drop missions and missionaries.

NotQuite it is good to have you here you understand where we are coming from thank you and we understand you. My husband and I were turned down by a mission after we had passed everything up to that point. We even knew when we would probably leave for language school. We were never given a reason even though we asked just told they had no need for us. I understand the hurt your parents have, I know I still hurt when I think of it. Just tell them they are welcome to come here and share their hurt if they want. They will be accepted. I am sure there are many others out there who have been turned down by missions. We have some on here who as missionaries were degraded and put down. As discussed those in authority have few thoughts about the value of those under them.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:00 pm 

RN school was one of the most harrowing experiences of my life. By the second week of clinicals, I was on Paxil. 50% of us never made it. No surprise to us then, that the top nursing magazines are now conducting studies, producing articles, sending out speakers to address nurse-on-nurse violence. The culture was set.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:23 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:26 pm 

It seems to be an organization of 'dont question us and we wont question you' hence they attract the creeper & abusers....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:04 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:39 pm 

Oh and one other thing I remembered just now (while baking cookies) was that an NTM leader at the time told me that as a leadership team they firmly believed that whoever God led into NTM Bible School was being led into the missionary training part. They didn't see a distinction between the two. There was a lot of pressure on those in the last phase of Bible School to enter the MTS part. I think to the leadership it was all one process - the inference being that if you did not go on to MTS you were outside of God's calling on your life. At the time in NTM Australia - all the training was in the same location in western Sydney. Not different states like I understand it is in Canada and the USA. So there was no real separation between the phases.

Oh and I have just looked up and seen that the person who gave me that pearl of wisdom is still in NTM. Gosh some people do stay in there for a while!

Best get back to the kitchen (maybe I could have made an NTM wife after all). Heh heh. I think not!! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:14 pm 

22, you make me laugh! Every once in a while, I cook. Like maybe 3x's on a good year. And I wonder if I wouldn't cook more if it hadn't been such a "good wife" sort of thing to do . . .poor Mr. Allbetter has had to put up with many years of, "I wonder if he will still love me, if I don't do any laundry?" What if I don't cook? What if I disagree with him out loud? What if I sleep in the couch?

He always comes thru in shining colors, hehe.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next