MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
 Post subject: Re: Truth? Transparency?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:50 pm 

Women in these groups believe they are following God. I have heard them say they should take anything after all Jesus suffered death. So the more they suffer the more spiritual they think they are. This is not in Christianity only. The fundamentals of any religion have very much of the same practices and beliefs. The only thing that changes is what they call their god.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:57 pm 

Thank you for that, it is an excellent insight.

I liken my experience with Fundamentalism as being similar to Bill Clintons comment. It was in my youth, there was a lot of it about, but I did not inhale. The PNG experience for me was the far end of the Fundamentalist experience and my father was a strong proponent of it, well at least I think he was. Sometimes the raiments were more wolfish than sheepish, begging the question what exactly was the motivation for it all.

My trip to the U.K. last year and recent events have provided some of the remaining pieces of the jigsaw.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:17 pm 

I just opened up the latest issue of NTM's magazine, NTM @ Work. The first page conceals the big surprise: the new Ethnos360 Magazine! (Very creative magazine name, guys.)

The outer jacket contains a timeline of sorts, starting with the 1940s and leading to the present.

Man, I haven't even opened up the actual magazine yet. Just reading through the timeline, I have found three errors. I have never claimed to know everything there is to know about New Tribes Mission. But I do know some things. For sure.

Trevor McIlwain's group is called the Palawanos, not the Palawan people. The Palawanos live on the island (also province) of Palawan, which is in the Philippines. Not Papua New Guinea. I already count at least 11 references to Papua New Guinea in that timeline. Give somebody else a turn?

NTM does not have a national missionary training program in Thailand.

Dave Mankins, Mark Rich and Rick Tenenoff were kidnapped in 1993, not 1992.

If one reading by one person reveals that many inaccuracies, would that make one question the reliability of other things one might read about the organization as well?

Oh, and I would be careful about all those pronouncements of a particular date when the gospel was presented to particular people groups. "1999: Gospel presented to Isnag of Asia-Pacific Region ... " The Isnag are a large, spread-out people group of 40,000 in northern Philippines. There have been Christians in that group since before many of your readers were even born.

Now I am wondering if this might be the last issue of this magazine that Ethnos360 ever sends me ...

:?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:54 pm 

I'm not sure where to post this comment. BUT if 300 priests abused kids and they are able to change the statue of limitation IN Pa , as they plan to do, WHY CAN'T WE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:20 am 

I agree, dbarney. The statute of limitations laws need to be changed, especially in regard to the prosecution of child abusers.

I hope this happens very quickly, in every state in the nation.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:05 pm 

AMEN!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17