[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - POEMS in "PURPLE"....are what I have to say!

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 320, 321, 322, 323, 324, 325, 326 ... 336  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:52 pm 

Onward Christian Soldiers
Off to the Holy War
As soon as we've finished beating
Them Christians who live next door

Oh them errant Catholics
Absolving themselves from sin
Don't they know they're so wrong
That to heaven they'll not be admitted in

The Seventh Day Adventists
Insisting Saturday, is the day of rest
Such silly silly interpretations
Will see them never divinely blessed

And those Pentecostals
Jabbering away in a tongue or two
Probably speaking devilish
Well that's our inspired point of view

Then the Charasmatics
Chasing gifts to be used by God
If they read Acts more carefully
They'd know that this was very odd

The Ecumenicals and Traditionalists
What planet are they on
Not shaking the dust off their feet
And being from each other off and gone

And all those other heretics
Who'll never see the Pearly Gate
Who will join the heathen and the lost
When they become "The Late"

Onward Christian Soldiers
Not off to war today
To busy fighting with the neighbors
To in "The Fields of the Lord" serve and play

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:10 pm 

Another good one!

The opinion in NTM was that people who had believed in Christ had salvation, and that salvation was eternally secure. It didn't seem to matter what the behavior was ... if you were in NTM, you were IN ... for good. And everyone else was OUT. They were wrong. Even the ones who demonstrated mercy and grace through their actions.

It was all about doctrine, not human decency.

It would appear that not all the words of Jesus were to be taken seriously. Words like, "By their fruits you shall know them."

Matthew 7:15-20 (NKJV)

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:14 pm 

It's good to have a discussion going again.
I am too weary at the moment to say more....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:46 am 

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 5:27 pm 

Hahahaha!
That's a bit of mixed up doctrine!
If you have trouble with authority, you will have trouble with any guiding principles.
But you will find that they exist in any job you have or any apt complex you live in.
Etc.
I don't mean "you"---I suppose I mean to say "one will have trouble....." etc
The Creator of the universe has some guidelines?
Really?
Oh, He didn't create the universe.
Ummmmm. Where did it come from?
Many theories.
And so on the discussion goes.
Humanity is fine. But with humans, there is always selfishness entering in.
So what's the final thing?
Where is the final authority?
That's what each person decides---because we have a brain to think with--we have free choice.
Decide that what God says in the Book He wrote is the final authority and seek to understand it rightly.
(OH! The "rightly" part is the problem.)
Or decide for something else.
And some got caught in this as kids.
Very difficult when there are abusers of various kinds walking around.
And doing their damage.
Very difficult.
No one can say it isn't........ :cry:

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:38 pm 

Oh look, this poetry thread has gone over 400,000 and rockets away. :D

Bards of Fanda Eagles
Unite
Into darkness shine
A little light

Write thy findings
In poetic verse
And trust me always
Cuz I'm a nurse :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 12:25 am 

The Parable of the Prodigal Experience

I was talking to my friend
Jim the Catholic be his name
As we strolled through the countryside
Down a rural lane

We passed a delapidated pigsty
Which reminded us of a story long ago
Then the wind blew towards us
And fresh air we did not know

Just then a Triber wandered up
And we talked of Prodigal Son
Then the Triber said "I have an idea
Let's try this, just for fun"

He suggested that we sit in yon pigsty
To experience what it be about
To show how much faith we had
And see which of us was filled with doubt

Jim and I said "why not"
Then we three all ventured in
You should have smelt the smell
And heard the awful din

Two minutes latter
I was out, gasping for fresh air
Which is hardly surprising
Agnostics in faith do despair

Ten mintues latter poor Jim
Turned green and staggerd out
He to had his faith sorely tried
And admitted he had a bit of doubt

We waited for two hours
For our new found friend
Was about to mount a rescue
And in the fire service send

When out roared the pigs
And we cannot figure why
So if anyone can interpret this parable
Please speak up and don't be shy

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 6:18 pm 

O.K. Raz you sing and I'll play the banjo. Ready, one, two, threeeeeeee . . . .

I was swimming in the gene pool
It wasn't very deep
Lots of folk looking similar
Cuz them sow close to where they reap

Cousins, Uncles, Aunties
Some were all three
Half them in the gene pool
Had DNA just like me

I had six siblings in the gene pool
It was the smallest pool in the land
I could count all six siblings
All on just one little hand

Sometimes ya gotta leave the gene pool
And swim with other fish
Or order fresh DNA
From a petrie dish

Ta da. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:11 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:51 pm 

The banjo was great! :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 320, 321, 322, 323, 324, 325, 326 ... 336  Next