[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Ron Abram is back in village in Senegal!

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:47 pm 

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:53 pm 

Me either. :x

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:48 am 

Well, that explains his "retirement" instead of termination.
But why did GRACE agree to this?
And how is it that a "retired" person," retired" under these conditions
Is allowed to go back?
And live in his house that the mission presumably owns?
Sounds crafty to me.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:49 am 

If above the law
Why not above the recommendations?

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:31 am 

mosquito bite you could write Boz at GRACE and ask him. I am sure you will get an answer. We also have to remember that GRACE has no way to enforce their recommendations. Also GRACE can only use the information given them. They are fair and not as ABWE says on the side that has an issue with the mission. GRACE is on the side of truth which is why missions don't like them.

I have just read this thread it takes about and hour and a half. Iwillflyagain, love your name, and Nowaware glad you are here your stories break my heart. The years of the mental struggle to try and make the teaching of the mission and common sense merge into life is impossible. I am not a NTMer but grew up in Mali and went to Mamou. I just turned 70 and only in the last year or so have finally found that I could dump everything including the religious and start with common sense and go from there to build my belief. Found out God did not strike me dead, but loved me and made me feel like He thought it was about time I came to my senses. So I have very little baggage that I have to carry anymore. That doesn't mean I don't pick it up often and struggle with it, but now I know I don't have to carry it any more.

All you NTMers thank you for all your bravery and exposing all the evil. You are not alone in the mission world. There are SIMers, ABWEers, CMAers, Avanters (GMUers), Pioneerers, Wycliffers, TEAMers, IFMers, and many other who I don't have contact with who are struggling and feeling alone because they are not connected to others from their mission who also have been abused. The MK Safety Net conference showed us this is not one mission but I believe all who bought into this whole crazy idea of what missions were, and all missions had to be protected at the cost of lives, children's lives even. Looking for ideas how we can present a united front to face the missions all at once. After all my gut feeling is there are thousands of MKs and missionaries who have been abused by these missions. They stick together we can too. As those in the mission part of the church we are only the top of the iceberg, the churches are full of spiritual, physical, emotional and sexual abuse as well. This evil is epidemic. Love the Fanda Eagle crowd.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:52 am 

Thank you, Shary!
We are united here and that's why we have stayed...
For 3 years and more.
(Not to discount spirited debate. :D
That is healthy
And we are all about what is healthy
After what we have been through.)
But it would be GREAT
To have a way to face ALL the missions as a whole.
Yes, I know Boz would give an answer.
He has ALWAYS answered us
Which is more than we can say
About ntm.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:23 pm 

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:20 pm 

I also appreciate what you shared Shary. I am sorry you are one of the Mamou victims. I pray God keeps you strong.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:40 pm 

I have written to GRACE about their recommendations concerning Ron Abram. I wanted to know if they actually agreed with him returning to a tribe that he had lied to and under the blessing of the NTM missionaries of Senegal.

Here is the GRACE response

Ron Abram (Active Member of NTM-USA)

As a result of Ron Abram’s failure to report child abuse and in otherwise failing to protect the children of Fanda, GRACE recommends that NTM terminate him from active membership. This shall be evidenced by a written notice signed by the NTM Executive Committee and must include:

A general summary of the basis for the termination.
A summary of NTM’s failure to take prompt action to protect the children.
A summary of NTM’s failure to immediately report the abuse to civil authorities.
A summary of NTM’s failure to terminate Ron Abram when it first received notice of his failures to report abuse and protect the children at Fanda.
A commitment that NTM shall not rehire nor provide any form of recommendation on behalf of Ron Abram.

The termination from active membership notice must be placed in Ron Abram’s member/personnel file, must be delivered to Ron Abram, must be posted on the member section of the NTM website for 6 months, and must be provided to Fanda MKs. If applicable, this notice must be provided to any and all individuals and/or churches that currently provide financial support to Abram. If applicable, NTM-USA shall immediately begin to deduct 10% of Ron Abram’s gross income and contribute such to the MK Fund. These deductions shall be permanent. In addition, Ron Abram shall never be allowed to represent NTM in any formal and/or informal capacity.

Finally, NTM shall fully cooperate with any and all civil and/or criminal investigations and/or actions relating to the actions of Ron Abram.

As you can see from the above language, it is clear that we recommended Ron Abrams not be allowed to represent NTM in any form and/or informal capacity. If in fact, Mr. Abrams is living where he was and is able to do so as a result of any association (formal or informal) with NTM, this recommendation has not been followed. The only reason GRACE recommended that Ron Abrams be removed from active membership (and not terminated) was so that he could access retirement funds via NTM. A portion of such funds was to be deducted and transferred to an MK Fund (which I don't believe has ever been formally created). Our objective was not to financially destroy Mr. Abrams, but to remove him from any position with NTM.

Though NTM acknowledged adopting many of our recommendations, they unfortunately did not adopt all of them. At this point, all GRACE can do is recommend...it is up to NTM to adopt, follow, or reject these recommendations. I hope this clears up your questions related to Mr. Abrams.[b

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:50 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next