[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Genetic Soup, time to change?

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:21 am 

My Dear Raz,

Yes why are we here, wading through this extensive morgue? It isn't for vouyeristic reasons surely, not with the amount of time we collectively spend. Perhaps for you it is a genetic component that you have that cares, but that isn't the case for me as my genetics suggest I shouldn't be here at all, nor should I be here for Christian compassion reasons either.
Perhaps we are here because we want to know one thing, Why and How this happened on such a scale and why it was never dealt with properly. Yes there is an element of compeling horriying fascination as more and more comes to light, but given our personal involvement and the fact that some of these casualties are people we know from our collective pasts, I think it is because we both have an inbuilt humanitarian code that won't let us rest until we know that we have done as much as is humanly possible to get to the bottom of this and to also help others.
I don't know really why we are here, it is speculation based on what I know of what makes us tick. It's not pleasant at times, but it I am still very very grateful that after decades of wandering with the weight of my own unexplainable past and the lies told to make me think I had just immagined it, I have avoided just being another statistic in the NTM morgue. And I am also very grateful for good fellow humans like yourself who share this bizzare and unique journey, which makes it so much easier than trudging alone.
Maybe I've just answered my own question. I'm here because I am grateful to not be alone anymore and before I wander off again, I just want to spend a little time answering for myself a few more questions and seeing who else is out there traveling on this road too.

Cheers

Fellow Traveler Bemused

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:48 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:56 pm 

Bemused, you are so right. These mission organisation followers use the same old, same old, "but that was isolated and look how much good has been done and is still being done" etc., etc., etc. What I can't understand is the people in the churches (you know, the ones who pay the bills) think these mission organistions keep their missionaries accountable, not so it seems. When we opted out of any mission organisation the first question we were asked was, "But who will keep you accountable?" My question is who kept Dr. Donn William Ketcham accountable and the many more abusers within ABWE accountable? Who kept all the pedophiles accountable in NTM and all the other mission organisations? The answer must be, "Nobody." Full stop.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:06 pm 

My husband often says, "Ask a question and be a dummy for a few minutes, don't ask and be a dummy for life" so here goes. I am not very computer literate and I am in isolation (radioactive iodine treatment) and at this stage I have no availablity in my house to ask, "Where is the main page?" Full stop.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:07 pm 

oops. I mean opening page. Full stop.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:20 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:59 pm 

Maire, Of course, that was where I started this journey. Thank you so much. Full stop.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:38 am 

No doubt we've all been to funerals. They range from "celebrations" of a life well lived to the mourning of a tragic loss when someone meets their end unexpectedly.
And then there is the sensitive issue of suicide. I've been to a couple and there is a pervading atmosphere of questioning oneself, how this could have been prevented and how life came to end in this fashion.

As MKs ours was meant to be a life of sharing hope and peace with others, or at least tagging along with our parents and their colleagues while they did. And yet for some us the road that was traveled because of those days has lead to the ultimate price and that is tremendously sad. And it is also devastating for those left behind, for after the condolence book has been signed and the post funeral cup of tea consumed, there must be a continuing emptyness and wondering why.

There are really no adequate words in this situation to comfort the bereaved.
Perhaps it is a timely reminder to look out for each other and those who's paths we have shared, so that no matter the difficulty of the road ahead, it doesn't seem to have only one tragic destination.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:04 pm 

Thank you, Bemused.

Those of us who knew and loved this young man truly are are devastated by the tragedy of both his life and his death.

One would not expect "MK" and "suicide" to be found together in the same sentence.

Sadly, this is not the first time that sentence has been uttered. Nor, I suspect, will it be the last.

Pieces of our broken hearts lie strewn along the path we have trod together.

God give us strength.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:07 pm 

For those who wish to go searching for it, there is a poem of mourning on the front page of the MK Safety Net site. It is called "Throw Away Boy".