[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - TWO MILLION!!

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: TWO MILLION!!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:19 pm 

Bemused and 22_years_ago, You have given food for thought. I just can't get my head around people in churches that seem so oblivious to the sin that seems to reign with missionaries. Funny though, not ha, ha funny, but if you dare question the mission board the churches are quick to drop your support, financial and prayer. Shows where their loyalty is I guess. Full stop.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:43 pm 

Was thinking about this still as I did the vacuuming.

When I ask questions ... okay .... uncomfortable questions....I often get two lines thrown back at me that are kinda hard to penetrate. They seem to go together these lines and I can't remember where exactly they are in the bible. Firstly - "God is in control" closely followed by "all things work together for good for those who love God". And bang goes the door on that conversation. If perchance you dare try and keep the conversation going then people always seem to have somewhere else they need to be or something needs doing urgently. Try it and watch the miraculous scattering of the masses - or if you are reading this and part of NTM try it and then time how quickly it is before you find yourself sitting in front of three or four of your leaders.

I struggle with those two versus - given the things that have happened to me, others I love and others here on this site that I am getting to know. I think on such versus a lot and try and make sense of them in my own way.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:03 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:44 am 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:21 am 

"A host of friends" is so good!

Looking forward to the help and encouragement you will/are giving.

NO ONE HAS TO STAND ALONE!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:11 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:25 pm 

"The second path, while much easier, often turned MKs into puppets, who even as adults have lost their individuality and sit on the fence to see which way everyone else jumps before making a decision."

Adds so much clarity to the past..........

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:28 pm 

"And in the back of my mind is that one day I could wake up and all this excellent means of communication could be gone (we are prone to Earthquakes for a start and it is a mighty thin fibre optic cable that keeps us in touch). Then it will be back to standing alone again.
Only this time it will be standing taller and stronger, because at long last the truth has seeped out and I've found myself on the right side of the equation."

Bemused, you are making me so sad!
But with thankfulness for what has taken place, too.

In fact, YAY!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:22 pm 

When I was about 7 years old I had a dream I could fly. The next day I straddled my Gran's broom and ran as fast as I could down their back lawn. My Grandad happened to come along and of course asked what I was doing...so I told him. "Ahh" he said "we need to figure out a way for you to go faster". With that he tied a rope to the broom and ran in front, pulling me faster. Try as we could it didn't happen (later I learnt about the laws of physics). I have wonderful, wonderful memories of that man with his Irish brogue and deep hearty chuckle. I used to sit on his knee and he'd wrap his huge arms around me and kiss the top of my head inbetween sentences. I could hear his strong heart beating and I felt safe and warm and loved.

Why am I sharing this random memory with you? Well it is really for any NTM people reading. You see - I have great childhood memories (life went a bit to crap when I was an adult). But for many people on this site who were MK's in NTM schools they do not have a collection of beautiful memories like I do. Just read the site and you'll see. Given the facts (which are beyond dispute now surely) that many NTM members abused many MKs (yes - not all but many) and got away with it - in fact were helped to get away with it by things such as evidence being destroyed - who in NTM now is brave enough to start putting things to right?

Its time to get your house in order NTM.

Actually be the godly people you tell Churches/donors you are.

You can't replace the bad childhood memories of MKs with good ones now - too late for that but you can still act. Your faith should compel you to act.....

Given the speed at which the hits on this site are increasing there must be many NTM people reading this......

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:11 am 

That's a nice story about your Grandad. Perhaps with all that vacuuming you do you could trubocharge the vacuum cleaner and reach take off speed :lol: .

My memories of childhood are in three catergories, the pre religous conversion days, the pre NTM days and the NTM experience. The first I vaguely remember as being relatively normal, the middle as becoming increasingly intense but o.k. and the last as weird. Somehow we were expected to believe in a concept that could not be seen, heard or felt with no other option (not a home for any form of angostisism), but what we saw and heard, was dismissed as not actually having ever happened. No wonder we were confused.

But this now isn't about me so much as those MK colleagues who suffered horrendous abuse, mostly female. Some have got out the other side and are able to speak out. Some do not wish to speak. And some have not been able to face or survive their experience.

But somehow the weirdness of the childhood continues. For the people who should care the most, often don't and the so called disgruntled and disaffected (including, shock horror the "Downunder Sympathetic Agnostic") have ended up in the caring and supportive role.

It should have been an idyllic childhood, full of happy memories, but very little was as it should have been and very little has changed from that state.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next