[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - TWO MILLION!!

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: TWO MILLION!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:07 pm 

I'm there!
Cheers!
These Bzzzzzz Conferences
Take so much time and effort.
Especially when I
Can't get a ride
On the back of a bigger insect.
Pant.... Pant.....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:07 pm 

CONGRATS TO US ALL----EVERY ONE!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:30 am 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:11 am 

1517 minus 1496 equals 21.

21 is about the number of missionaries that Crossview has on the field (serving alongside real Tribers, but not actually being real Tribers because they are Crossviewers).
So this would indicate that Crossview is now reconciled to Sanford and all is well again.

Ummmmmmmm, scratch that theory, insomnia and forgot to take those little white tablets again :shock:

Given the number of Tribers I've written to who can't remember where they were at what time and who they were working with when they were where they can't remember, I'm surprised that anyone knows exactly how many Tribers there are anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:11 pm 

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:43 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:38 pm 

While we are trying to figure out these numbers, I should point out the fact that retired members seem to be part of the 1,500 figure on the NTM website. Anyone who's been around NTM a long time will recognize many of the names and photos, and if you click on them, you can see their status is "retired". From what I have been able to determine, these retirees did not get the e-mail from Larry Brown about the arrest of the unnamed missionary at the Orlando airport. We wouldn't want to upset the old folk, I guess. But they are still being listed on the website as mission members.

I don't have time to try to figure out, by clicking on each person listed, what percentage of the 1,500 are retired. Also of interest would be how many people are actually out on foreign fields. Breaking that down even more, how many are literally living in a tribal village at the moment. And how many are on home staff. I don't know for sure, but I suspect that right now, there are more staff at the training center in Missouri than there are students! And have you seen how many people are on the "In Transition" page? It is my understanding that many of these have already submitted their resignation, but are kept on there for 3 months. Or so. Or till someone gets around to removing them.

I have also noticed over the years that the mission was happy to count my husband and I as two missionaries, when it came to adding up numbers, and yet come tax time, only one of us was an employee paying social security tax.

Am I making anyone squirm?

Not going to apologize for that.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:00 pm 

Very simple solution. We just say on here that all retirees are in fact Australians and then they will be off the list in 24 hours.

As for your other problem: The Good Books says that "Two shall be one", so NTM is sort of right. I also know that one and one makes three. But if you have two and one, that make three, then you are in serious trouble because that is bigamy and that is what the natives do and they can't be elders if they do. However if one and one that should not be one are being two, then that is quite an affair and we don't talk about that!

O.k. I think that is enough maths. No doubt 22 years ago will have something to say on this, she's the math genius. :?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:02 pm 

Thanks for bringing back my smile, Bemused!

:D

(Sometimes when I gird up my lions, they get a little out of control!)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:16 pm 

Raz, Is the transition page on the public site?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next