[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Reaching out

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 422 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 43  Next
 Post subject: Re: Reaching out
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:18 pm 

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:17 pm 

:)

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:16 pm 

It's early Sunday morning here. One of the first places on the globe to reach Sunday morning this week.
Many of us will be putting on the nice clothes and wandering off to our place of worship, for medititation. Some of us will give thanks for this weeks mediation. Others will be on duty and giving out medicaton.
Perhaps it is therefore timely, being a Sunday, to reflect on the week and the theme of this particular thread, "Reaching out". It's been a week of interesting developments for some of us, we've managed to contact MKs not heard of from decades. Sometimes the reaching out has been most positive, for some not so positive. And for some of us yielded most unexpected results from places not anticipated.
To those who have reached out this week to some MK from the past, thank you, you may never know how much good you have done for another. For those still summoning up the courage to find someone, that's fine, just when you are ready. And for those waiting for Divine Inspiration to find the right words to go forth into the mission field of "lost MKs" and bring them back to the fold, ummmmmm a simple "hello, are you o.k.?" is quite fine, don't want to scare them with to much Divine Inspiration, they may just have had enough of that decades ago :o .
Have a good Sunday, whether you are Meditating, Mediating or Medicating, personally the weather is fine and there is a pair of lonely tramping boots that I'm hoping to keep company for a few hours.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 4:19 pm 

Amen.

:)

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:41 pm 

Thanks Bemused. Full stop.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:53 am 

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:27 pm 

That was profoundly moving, Aussie.

Dropping a few of my tears on that millstone.

I am so happy you don't need that thing anymore.

Jesus described how he'd like to see that millstone, and others, used.

He specifically told us what he thinks of people who hurt innocent children.

Yes, he did. He also clearly stated what he thought about hyper-religious people who were all outward show, when inside they were full of putrid rot. And if there had been a chainsaw in the temple when he took off after those people who were taking unfair advantage of the poor and the needy, I think he would have let 'er rip!!

Jesus really GETS our anger and our frustration.

I like thinking about that.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:51 pm 

I admire you, becuz you've had the courage to tell your story on these pages. No doubt you've already dealt with your millstone, possibly hanging it around the necks of a paedophile (see I still remember my bible lessons, impressed?). But if you've still got an old millstone hanging around somewhere, do you want to send yours to NTM too? We could be the beginning of that feature wall and it would be an honor to have mine next to yours :) .

As for that chainsaw in the temple, you make me smile. There have been times when I wanted to take my chainsaw and let her rip, make kindling of those Mumbo Jumbo Relgigous Hypocrites from my past, but the old chainsaw doesn't seem to run so well these days since I stopped running it on pure ethanol :lol: . I haven't forgiven the sods, namely because they've never asked for it! But I've been able to forgive myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:11 pm 

I love that, Aussie! So glad you've been able to forgive yourself!

And yes, I can tell you with certainty that ethanol and chainsaws do not mix very well! Living in the Ozarks as I do, we see a lot of chainsaw injuries at the hospital. Most of them are operator error ... that is, the guy with the big gash is the same guy who was holding the chainsaw!

And ... yep, the blood alcohol level of the operator/patient is often pretty high! Surprise, surprise!

So keep that chainsaw pointed in the right direction! It would probably take a while for an ambulance to reach you out there beyond the Black Stump!

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:43 pm 

Aussie, what can I say? That was very moving, who would not respond to that but in a humble way. I do hope this is being read by someone at the top. Full stop.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 422 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 43  Next