[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Wise words from GRACE's Facebook page

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:07 am 

GRACE's Facebook page is such an encouragement on this long and weary journey.

Here's what they posted today:

"A culture that silences its members from speaking with each other about suspected abuse is one where abuse will always flourish."

Godly Response to Abuse in the Christian Environment (G.R.A.C.E.)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:15 pm 

I'm pretty sure someone at GRACE is reading these forums. Here's another quote from yesterday:

Tragically, survivors & their families often comply with self-serving "counsel" from leaders they have come to accept as speaking for God.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:19 pm 

Since we've started a specific thread for these, I'll include the ones I put on a different thread a couple of days ago.

"Experts to bishops: pedophiles lie, trust victims" I pray the protestant world is listening.... READ: http://bit.ly/wnlpwK

A criminal conviction does not determine whether one has abused a child. Scores of perpetrators have never been caught let alone convicted.

When we hear the cries of the hurting, we cannot claim to be compassionate if we look the other way as we are "busy" doing "Godly work".

A child who has the courage to speak up about abuse is a HERO. An adult who does not believe the child is a COWARD.

Beware: child sexual abusers will stop at nothing to convince the world they are "good" and "decent" people who would never "hurt" anyone.

Because it is so troubling to believe that professing Christians abuse, many will deny, excuse, & minimize it. READ: http://bit.ly/HD2Qkm

An institution centered culture will do all it can to protect its reputation in order to preserve the institution and its leaders.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:29 am 

"To make our acceptance depend on our obedience to rules and regulations is to bring a free man into bondage again." J. Stott

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:35 am 

Thanks, JerryB.

GRACE's Facebook page is such an encouragement to me. I think all you have to do to regularly receive the meaningful quotes or other articles and news items is simply to "like" their page (if you are a Facebook user). I highly recommend it.

Godly Response to Abuse in the Christian Environment (G.R.A.C.E.)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:43 pm 

Speaking of Facebook. A lovely medium to keep in contact with people, to have "Friends", to paste tid bits of interesting information about yourself.
And a lovely place for paedophiles to hunt and make their networks.

Oh Bemused you say, you're paranoid, you're off on a tangent again!

Really? Then explain how a convicted NTM sex offender was found on Facebook this week. Oops, you say, maybe he has reformed and all is forgiven?
Now who is in the realms of fantasy? not Bemused!

It is against Facebook rules for a convicted sex offender to be on their site, there is a very good reason for this. Paedophiles rarely change their ways.

Take a tip from Bemused. Look who you have as your "Friends" on your facebook site and have a look at who your kids have as their "Friends", you might just be suprised. And remember it is all on public record, Facebook will turn it all over to a law enforcement agency if told to do so and if your name comes up, good luck, the Big Boys don't forgive and their computers do not forget.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:18 pm 

From GRACE today:

Historic verdict placing all church leaders on notice that silence about abuse can result in a criminal conviction.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/2 ... 19355.html

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:10 pm 

I can't open the link. But from what I can deduct this is excellent news.

When I look within my own family, my father knew about the abuse committed by Jim Given (and probably others), but he did nothing. Jim Finnamore knew about several paedophiles actions, one he had removed from the field, one he did nothing about and one he did not believe the allegations of the victim (which proved to be correct as a jail term resulted). Dean Van Vliet went on to shred evidence of child abuse and was then dismissed from NTM.
And what I ask myself is why did these men, all of whom had considerable influence in my life, all go down the same route of covering up child abuse?
I think Dean Van Vliet made a wrong decision under pressure. But the other two do not get off so lightly, my gut feeling is they don't want any in depth look into their involvement themselves. Jim Finnamore can answer to IHART, the FBI, God or his conscience if he has one.
The other person is answerable to his family, which biologically is me. He has had 30 years to come up with the truth, his last chance was in January, he now must face the consequences of his dirty laundry being aired in public, so all his "friends and supporters" can see. Of course it is going to hurt, but that is his choice. Is there any good going to come out of this? Well yes as a matter of fact. The number of emails I get from people who find inspiration to deal with their own circustances and families has been rather overwhelming. Therefore one man's self inflicted pain, is others gain.

So to all those who covered up the abuse of others, I ask simply, "Why?"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:18 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:49 pm 

"Philadelphia Priest Trial: Jury Reaches Split Verdict In Case Of Monsignor William Lynn"

I'm surprised the link doesn't take you to it.

The point GRACE is making is that not only will sexual abusers be prosecuted and jailed, but also those who conceal, move around, and in other ways keep perps from facing consequences of their evil ways (and thereby allowing them to continue to prey on children), can and should be held accountable in a court of law, and may also be incarcerated.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next