[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - For Members of New Tribes Mission, past and present

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:33 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:42 pm 

Many moons ago, when NTM was re-reestablishing communication with the MKs, Andy Kline wrote this on these forums:

"GRACE pushed us into action. We will initiate third party investigations of any school where child abuse took place. We will investigate any reports of child abuse. I applaud GRACE for this, and I will applaud NTM for this as the investigations are implemented and completed."

I note that he did not say anything about the Fanda Eagles pushing NTM into action. But that is a little beside the point just now.

In response to this openness, under his incarnation of Sir Ornery of Thornery, a frustrated, bitter and angry MK asked Andy and Tibby, who were "communicating" with MKs, this question:

"According to NTM, as of today, at which schools did sexual child abuse take place?"

Andy promptly answered:
"O.T.
"That information is contained in the reports NTM has received to date. I don't have a list of the reports or any stats from the reports. From reading this blog, I won't be surprised if there are investigations needed for every school that NTM operated in the 80's & 90's."

Andy expects, as do we all, that every school is going to have to be investigated. That is true and it is unsurprising, and it does NOT answer the question; it is NOT the same as saying that, according to NTM, sexual abuse of children happened at every school. In fact, if we went according to what NTM has revealed prior to the Dispensation of the Fanda Credibility Eagles, NO SEXUAL ABUSE EVER HAPPENED ANYWHERE. This should not be forgotten!

Andy indicates that the information is available, contained in the reports NTM has received to that date, and there is probably a load more of it by now. He didn't have access to a list of the reports or any statistics (summary) from them.

So, my second question to you is: According to NTM, as of today, at which schools did sexual child abuse take place?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:35 am 

I was "in" NTM for 25 years. I am fairly familiar with both the theology and the principles that NTM espouses. Sometimes, it can be confusing. For example:

Once, when the Field Committee made a huge mistake, I asked a new member of the committee how this could be. His answer is instructive: "I know the men on the committee, I trust them and I have confidence in them. But, they are just men, and as such, they can sin. That is why we have a committee. I can believe that any one of them could be out of fellowship with the Lord at any time. But, I can't believe that all of them would be out of fellowship at the same time and make a bad decision. Therefore, their decision must be right."

OK, Tribers, can anyone find any problems with this compact little bit of reasoning?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:25 pm 

The week after I graduated from Bible college (21 years ago) I was hired by a local rescue mission to be a women's counselor at the homeless shelter. 5 mornings a week I ran the office in the shelter, 5 afternoons I had appointments with the women. I shudder to think of all the catch phrases I must have used, the bad advice . . . Glad you weren't there to catalog it all, Gene! :)

Hearing and seeing all of this tragedy come from people like us, that were trying to do the right thing, is very scary. I'm much less apt to "mentor" these days. Where does your confidence come from?

Any, all answers appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:39 pm 

What has given me much of my confidence is Mrs Bemused. She knows about my MK years and will happily listen to me go on and on about them. She also knows that I don't think conventionally and is supportive of my slightly unconventional lifestyel. She celebrates my accomplishments and is there when things don't go quite according to plan.
I grew up in a household where Christmas and Birthday presents were returned if they were not what the patriach wanted, where I was held up in comparrison to the kid next door, who of course was a "lovely christian kid". Whatever I did was not good enough. The headmaster wrote in my report card, "could do better", when I was getting straight A's. There was no confidence installed, just fear of failing to meet the standard. So I entered adulthood, doubting who I was and where I fitted in to normal society.
Thankfully I now have the wonderful Mrs Bemused, and for all my foibles, she loves me for who I am and is my biggest supporter (and me hers).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:27 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:41 pm 

I'm not exactly a triber or ex triber. More of an excommunicated MK.

But perhaps my account might be of some insight.

The principals brother was alas killed in a domestic accident. It was held up as an example of what would happen to us if we didn't "Walk with the Lord". I remember thinking at the time, where's the grief, he died very young and all as we can remember him for is he wasn't "Walking with the Lord"? Sure scared some of us into behaving for a bit though.

My parents spout the same lines when they pull out the prayer cards. They are divided into three catergories. "Those that are Walking with the Lord", "Those who have not accepted the Lord" and the worst catergory "Those that are not walking with the Lord".

I did tell my parents many years ago that we all serve God in different ways, they in their way and I in His, but they didn't see the funny side of that one. :o

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:04 am 

Well, I happen to think that's funny, Bemused!

Remember that song from our childhoods? Maybe we could change the words just a little:

"Jesus bids us shine with a clear, pure light ... you in your small corner, and I in His."

:D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:10 am 

That rings a vague bell. However I'm still trying to figure out why Jesus wants me as a Sunbeam?

Perhaps I've finally arrived and now I'm a Sunbeam for NTM, a guiding light in their hour of darkness :lol:
ahhh probably not.
Oh well at least I'm H.A.P.P.Y. :P

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:56 am 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next