[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - NTM Arrests

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
 Post subject: Re: NTM Arrests
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:01 pm 

I like this post from Boz blog. It's a good analysis of where it has all gone wrong.

Missions do not have a “God given mandate”. To accept that they do would then mean that every fundamentalist, terrorist or extreme religious group of whatever religion also has a “God given mandate”, which is both dangerous and crazy. If to get round this, missions dismiss other groups/religions as not having a mandate because they believe in a different God, then one is on the slippery slope of arrogance that takes these missions into what they often become, cults! Yes they may start out with good intentions, lead by earnest people of faith but inevitably the more fundamentalist groups seem to deteriorate into mind controlling groups, masquerading under the guise of great personal sacrifice and humility. Scratch the surface and what is often found is systems of hierarchical control put in place so that the power rests in the hands of a select few men and what they say goes, because they “speak to God” whereas lesser members, women, children and the locals are expected to receive divine instructions second hand. As time progresses, many of these missions have evolved into abusive cults, extorting money out of church members who have laid upon their conscience that they should give generously so that “the noble work” (point of interest, check out what percentage of listed “missionaries” are actually out of their own home countries and how many are back home with comfortable lifestyles, fancy job titles and achieving very little except fund raising and recruiting) can be done on their behalf. They put themselves outside the jurisdiction of the laws of the countries they are guests in and hence when they are infiltrated by paedophiles they do little to protect their own children, instead insist on a diet of forgiveness and turning blind eyes. They do no report their sexual offenders to their home authorities, instead they denigrate anyone who dares speak out about the abuse, including parents of victims. Such mind control is exercised over members that parents will often carry on as missionaries, even when they see their own childrens lives destroyed. Hence my opinion (based on a childhood as an MK and an adulthood of seeing revelations of the most horrific abuse), that too many of these missions are now cults. The “God given mandate” is a myth, they have become gods in their own minds.

Amen, Amen, Amen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:20 am 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:04 pm 

I am new to this forum, but I am not new to missions. I spent over 18 years as a missionary, in 4 different countries and with 3 different mission boards. One of those years involved teaching at one of the NTM boarding schools. As far as I know, there was no abuse reported at the school during the time I was there. However, I was a teacher and lived with another teacher. If anything had been going on in the dorms I'm not sure I would have been told.

For some reasons out of our control, we are back in the US and actively involved in missions through our local church, the church I attended as a child. The issues of child abuse and mission cover-up of said abuse have come to our attention several times and in several ways over the past 2-3 years. One of the mission boards refusing to deal correctly with the problem is a "sister" board to our former mission boards. Now, it is with great sadness and frustration that we see NTM following the same pattern of denial and cover-up. Even more sad is the fact that our church has supported NTM and its missionaries since I was a child - or probably even before that!

As I've read through the posts on this forum, I have sensed the intense pain, anguish, frustration, and anger of so many people who have been hurt over the years. Several times I wanted to "like" one of the posts or respond, but could not since I wasn't able to post myself.

First, you should all be commended for speaking up, for staying involved, and for pursuing justice. While perfect justice is not attainable in this world, we should always seek it and work toward bringing as much justice as we can to the world.

Second, you should be encouraged to know that there are people who truly want to know that happened and what is happening still. There are people who are reading and listening and asking questions. There are people who are watching closely and who are willing to take a stand. Don't grow weary and don't give up!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:12 pm 

I was about to shut down my computer for the night, when I saw there was a new post here on Fanda Eagles. Wow! Thank you so much, Watching Closely, for speaking up and letting us know you are there, you are reading, and you care!

I really needed this encouragement tonight. It came at just the right time.

My deep thanks for letting us know you are there/here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:20 pm 

Much thanks

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:53 am 

we are still here and we are still hurting. We wish NTM cared.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:01 pm 

Oh, thank you, Watching Closely!
Thank you very much!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:25 am 

It's now over three years since this shocking story broke, so where are the main players in this now?

Scott is in jail and will be there probably for life, does anyone care?

NTM has still not been able to explain what they have done for Scotts victims, because they have done nothing. Do they care?

The taxpayer has shelled out a fortune because of this mess and the bill for Scott's accommodation will go on for years.

This shocking case damaged international relations between two big countries, the repair bill was dumped on the taxpayer, that doesn't seem fair.

What reaction did supporting churches have to this, did any question NTM about it's strange responce (trying to find out if Scott did his evil in his own time or NTM time)?

And what about the victims, poor Brazilian little girls. There will be no therapy, no escape from where this crime was committed. How will they reconile the stories of a God of love being delievered by someone capable of such evil?

It's three years on and I still think about this, because for me it was the pivotal moment when NTM missed it's last chance to claim they had learnt from their shocking past.

Three long years!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:36 pm 

We keep checking this one church that still has Scott's name on its list of people serving the Lord.
I wonder if they know where he is doing this and why?
Yes, we are trying to contact them.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:02 pm 

Thanks for refreshing this, Bemused.

Yes, this case is still shocking and tragic.

And MB, isn't that crazy that he is still on that church's list of missionaries! Surely this is just because they haven't updated their website! If that church is still sending money to Scott Kennell, then that would be SCANDALOUS, because he is no longer a member of NTM!

Or maybe they are sending him money in prison so he can carry on his "ministry" there!

Sheesh! Just shaking my head!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next