MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:25 pm 

Please take a look at my blog, http://childrenofsim.wordpress.com. I can't write about this particular person's investigation because he has asked me not to do that, but it is about the way SIM is handling these issues in general.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:04 pm 

Thanks for this link, elizabatu!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:12 am 

I'm not seeing any recent activity on either of the websites for abused MKs from SIM or ABWE.

Thinking of our fellow MKs, and hoping everyone's doing okay.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:29 pm 

Hello, Raz. I don't know about ABWE, but I do the SIM blog. Personally I have just been bogged down with events in my life and have been spending less time online. I have been wanting to write about the Prairie Bible Institute situation but keep putting it on the back burner. Meanwhile, I can say that the investigation that started this thread in the first place has ground to a complete halt. SIM lined up a team of independent investigators, but in the end their terms weren't acceptable to the victim. For example it came to light that they were going to have him sign a non-disclosure agreement at the interview. Also they never did say who was going to get the results of their investigation - whether they would be handed over to SIM directly and whether he would have access to the report. That question was never answered. So, the case was dropped and EVEN THOUGH THE PERPETRATOR ACTUALLY CONFESSED to hurting the victim, SIM has been more than happy to just end the investigation. Perp is still employed by SIM.

I have to wonder, if an abuser wants to confess and make it right with the victim, why would the mission advise them to keep quiet? I believe that is what happened in this case. Answer - it would bring to light the fact that one of their employees and dorm staff abused children, and they would not be able to control the flow of information.

All I have to say is, no matter what kind of shining credentials the "investigative team" has, any victim going into an investigation should have their own solid, professional support system lined up from the start. A trauma therapist, a lawyer who is on your side, who can act as your advocate, because the investigative team is not your advocate - at the best they are an impartial team, and at the worst they are on the side of the mission who is paying their bill.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:56 pm 

I do know that the bangladeshmksspeak concerning the sinful actions of Dr. Donn William Ketcham lost a thread on the Parallel of PSU and ABWE. It seemed to me to be an important one for the fact of the locality of PSU and ABWE as well as the cover up and complicity that went on in both places. The reminder of how they (ABWE) treated my husband when we tried to leave ABWE to how they treated the pedophile Dr. Donn William Ketcham still leaves me gobsmacked. Of course, the defenders of ABWE (which are many), just think we are bitter so we are on a band wagon. That is not the case, we are very glad we are out of that organization and the Lord has been good, we have never looked back. Knowing my husband like I do, I imagine, had we known about the true situation in Bangladesh, he would have resigned on the spot, but it was top secret with ABWE. We just thought through rumor that Dr. Donn William Ketcham had committed adultery with a Bangladesh nurse and I think that is what ABWE wanted us all to think. That would have been enough but the fact he was abusing little girls is nauseating. For some strange reason, I suppose self preservation, these organizaions think exposing the sin of a pedophile is a worse sin than warning people about them, which is not a sin at all. Full stop.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:12 pm 

Thank you for this sound advice, elizabatu. I hope you don't mind that I've copied it under "Future Investigations", to be considered by NTM MKs thinking about participating in IHART's investigation.

I am very sorry to hear that the SIM investigation has come to a halt.

Our uphill fight is very daunting, indeed.

We pray, we write, we fight ... and still we may be disappointed in the end.

Big, big sigh ....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:00 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBmkor9WF0U