[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Lets kick around a few ideas

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:29 pm 

Peanut gallery:An audience that heckles the performer: originated from the days of vaudeville for the cheapest(and ostensibly rowdiest)
per Wikepedia

CHEERING AND APPLAUDING ARE BOTH ACCEPTABLE

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:34 pm 

I think that heckling would be disallowed by rule 3.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:15 pm 

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:19 am 

1. Playing the ball (the issue) is fine, tackling another player who doesn't have the ball is not.

2. No chainsaws allowed!

3. It is not polite to call the opposition rude names and certainly not members of the same team.

3a. If the opposition commits a foul, by all means point it out, explain why it is a foul and offer a suggestion how long you think the sin bin should be used. Do not break rule 3) in the process.
3b. Fouls will be dealt with.

4. You can play in any position you like, just remember to share the ball.
4a. Try not to play the same position as another player.

5. Some of your team mates have played their warm up games in very different circumstances, a bit of understanding will go down very well.
5a. Each player has unique skills. Use them to the greatest advantage of the team.

6. Invite other MKs to play, it is good manners and they might even bring new skills to the game.
6a. Old Players will be respected.

7. Sometimes an opposition player might want to explain their version of the rules, this is fine, just use common sense and keep an eye on the situation.

8. Sometimes the game gets serious, it is no dishonour to pop into the bar for a bit of refreshment, burning out is not recommended.
8a. The bar also serves orange juices and a lovely arrangement of drinks from all over the world, feel free to sample them.

9. If you need to use the Sin Bin, be warned it is pretty full at times.

10. Don't abuse the ref. or linespersons.

11. Keep your eye on the goal and on the ball.

12. You may sit quietly on the sidelines and watch.

13. No comments from the Peanut Gallery.
13a. Those with Peanut Allergies may move to the "Nut Farm".

14. Goals may be applauded.

15. Players wishing to play for both sides at the same time, are welcome to do so, however it is recommended they have a large flag in their right hand at all times and they are aware that members of either side may be a little suspicious of their loyalties.

16. The offside rule does apply, so any eager Eagles or tense Tribers who think they are past the defenses of the other team – beware; if you get the ball in that position, you will gift it to the other team as a free kick because you are offside. (The “attacker” who is so far ahead and ready to “stick it” to the other team, (but without the ball), is not really with the team and will be caught offside).

17. Any team player may communicate with any other team player in any language they feel comfortable with, however an interpreter would be appreciated. Any member of the opposite team speaking in tongues, will be deemed "a miracle".

18. No dangerous play, i.e. actions which will cause harm to the players or the game. This could include things like accusing an opponent of a flagrant foul without a personal supporting story.

19. There is no team uniform, please feel free to express your individuality in any style you feel comfortable.
19a. Cheerleading is not a sport/activity familiar to Downunder players, therefore please be tolerant of their ignorance of this activity.
19b. Loud comments about the other teams pristine white, exactly the same uniforms, should be respectful, if not complimentary.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:34 am 

Oh, boy! "Express your individuality." Great stuff!
Where is the costume closet?????
Feather boas/ ostrich feathers/ marracas
Just don't make me wear a hat.
Childhood persecution.
It wasn't my personality.

Befused, you may get some comments about peanut allergy people.
Or from them.
Nut farm?
Funny, but maybe not kind. ;)

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:37 am 

BTW---
Aussie and I have come to an agreement that
Chainsaw jokes are still ok and that
"Befused" is ok for me to say.
:lol:

Lovely gal, that Aussie.
That "chainsaws r us" gal. :D

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 4:55 pm 

"MKs all over the world know the beautiful game, "Soccer"."

At age 19, I arrived at New Tribes Bible Institute, and discovered the above sentence to be true for almost all MKs. I was very much in the minority. The odd MK who never went to boarding school. Raised in the rain forests of Northern Thailand, home schooled by my mother.

I knew nothing about sports. Any sports.

I would feel panic rising if I was ever caught in a situation where I was dragged into a game of volleyball or softball. Scared to death an orb of some type was going to be projected in my direction, and I had no idea what to do with it.

Once in a while I'd find myself sitting and watching a game of soccer, organized by frenzied MKs from South America. Still feeling stupid about not understanding the game. I'm sure the other girls I tried to chat with on the sidelines wished I would leave them alone. Sometimes those Brazilian or Bolivian MK boys would play with their shirts off. That made it more interesting.

I like the rules on this thread. Still don't understand soccer though.

Scratching my head wondering how in the world I am now down here on the field, apparently one of the key players in this wild game. My outfit is outlandish, that's for sure. I seem to be wearing hospital scrubs.

I'm running, running, back and forth, every day, with no let up. This game seems to be going on forever. Feels like years. The scorekeeper says I've kicked the ball 933 times. I'm shocked. Didn't think I even knew how.

I guess that shows what a person can accomplish, even if they feel like they don't know what they are doing. As long as one is committed to staying in the game, being a team player, keeping their eye on the (correct) goal, and not being afraid of the ball anymore. Kick it for all you're worth. In the right direction.

Thanks for letting me play with you, MKs. I love you all, and I hope and pray we're getting closer to the end of this exhausting game.

And please tell Larry Brown, Marv Ketcham and Bing Hare to keep their shirts on. It's just not the same anymore.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:43 pm 

My Dear Raz,

Wonder if you might just check your hospital scrubs when you have a moment. Mine seem to be a little tight and considerbably cleaner than my ususal pair and I wonder if accidentally you have mine on? Mine have have quite a bit of mud stains on them and a little label that says "Sin Binned Recently".
I wonder if there is a correlation between wearing medical scrubs and having such a high tally of kicks of the ball, for my allocation is high also. We could award ourselves Most Valuable Players Status, which of course could well pertain to thyself, however the rest of the team probably deserves a medal for actually having to watch my kicking of the ball in all sorts of directions.
I don't think one needs to understand the technicalities of the game of soccer to appreciated the rules, for what I've read so far the rules are not bad guidelines for day to day living as well as being applicable to this diverse team.
As for admiring the physique of other members of the team; I have come of late to delude myself that as I approach half a century that I am not in to bad a shape. This is because when I ride my bike, I am often photographed, appeared in magazines, have beautiful cyclists wanting to talk to me and become an internet sensation. But then Leo (the Lakeland Terrier who rides on the back of the bike) bursts my ego bubble, by reminding me that this only happens when he is on the back and when I get home and look into the mirror to admire my physique, I see much of it has slipped south and Leo is standing behind me laughing :lol: . I don't think there needs to be a rule, regarding this matter.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:43 pm 

:lol:

Cheers to the adorable Leo!!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:00 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next