MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Forum suggestions
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:55 pm 

I'd like to see the forums kept open, as there is a lot of good information here, and it does give us a place to "meet" and try to work through all the issues that brought this site into being initially.

But it may well be the time to set some guidelines and boundaries, and exercise a little more control and moderation to keep thinks in line and on topic.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:36 pm 

Though I immediately sent Kari a pm that shutting down the forums was not the answer, I will state publicly that they should continue.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:58 pm 

Please continue.
We do need to be updated about the cases.
We do need a place to hear others/ encourage others
And be heard and encouraged ourselves.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:09 am 

I’d propose a toast, fill up a glass and say . . .

But there is a problem, it’s probably the same problem for others, it’s the booze. Some of us escaped the hell of the past to find comfort in a drink or two. It was fun, it was a comfort, it was an escape, it became another demon. Year after year, bottle after bottle, the same routine.

Then someone introduced me to Fanda Eagles and I drank in the full horrors of others stories, and I cried and I drank more, then disappeared for a while. And someone said, come back when you’re ready, someone who cared to write their own story to me and then helped me write mine.

Then I faced my past demons and I saw that others had had even more bizarre journeys than my own and had the courage to put it on line to help others. Some of it was warts and all, but then there was the laughter, some Mks actually laughed at the craziness that was NTM. It felt weird at first, but then it made sense. And I sat with a drink in one hand and laughed for the first time in years. Then I found one day, I got out of bed and instead of pouring a drink first I tuned in to see what had been going on while I was asleep and I realised I was laughing, crying, thinking and without a drink. Some of it was total nonsense, some of it poked fun at the uncomfortable, and some of it brought down the barriers. And now I don’t need that drink to get me going, I’ve taken the first and hardest steps. I’m not perfect, after all my Avatar says it all, the MK with the chainsaw, but life looks much brighter than it did and I am very grateful.

So orange juice in hand, to Fanda Eagles, to those who have made this world a better place, to those who made one Divorced Old Gal from Beyond the Black Stump smile again, BOTTOMS UP :roll:

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:15 am 

GREAT post, Aussie!

I'll drink to that! (coffee)

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:35 am 

Beautiful, Aussie! Thank you for sharing. You just never know how many have been helped through the interaction that goes on here.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:34 pm 

Who can think of pulling the Forums after that testimony?
Thanks, Aussie.
I'm so glad that your journey is going UP.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:14 pm 

Aussie, how courageous to tell your story of the results of what happened to you. That must, really must, be a help to someone out there. This forum probably bothers me the most at night when all is quiet. I reread in my mind what happened to children and then I get my mind on my own grandchildren and pray with all my heart nothing like this ever happens to them. My children survived "Christian organizations" and I pray my grandchildren do as well. Full stop.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:24 am 

After I recovered from the shock of finding this sight and that I wasn't the only one abused by my abuser the anger I felt for my abuser naturally was transferred to the NTM powers that be. For their negligence in allowing this abuser to continue as a dorm parent, demand my parents then work with him and on not being able to re-home him transfer him to another country....

I'm not going to apologize for expressing my anger and absolute disgust in regard to my abuser and NTM's negligence and apathy. There tends to have been somewhat of a flow on affect from issues specific to sexual abuse in the site due to the nature of NTM's inaction. It is at times very difficult to separate emotions in to boxes when you find out NTM added and abetted sexual predators......and you were the one who paid for their negligence.

On reading earlier posts I do see that there was a community that was discussing issues SPECIFIC TO various individuals SEXUAL ABUSE. In fact.....the people writing appear to have been directly affected which made for some beautiful insights/understanding and examples of compassion amongst bloggers.

Yes....perhaps we have lost our way in our venting....I'll put my hand up to that. The site was started by Bonnie and Kari as a medium for those of us who had been abused...who have been there and maybe are still there. Maybe sticking to the topic would help....our stories re. sexual abuse and narrow the field a little.

If anyone was in PNG and suffered abuse...throw me a pm..if anyone is planning to do something about J Given or knows someone who is...let me know. I was actually there.....

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:11 am 

Fanda Eagles is like a Smorgasboard feast. A bit of everything for everyones taste. Most people come and have a nibble and then wander away from the table. Some have a good hearty meal. Then there is Bemused, he's like a hoover on glutton overdrive. It gets devoured, food ends up in all sorts of strange places, for some it is comical to watch, but some are not quite so impressed with the antics. So Bemused goes on a starvation diet, which lasts all of 24 hours and then he arrives back at the Smorgasboard feast, but this time under dieticians direction to eat a bit more healthily and not leave the dirty dishes all over the place.
Some diners are very angry at the menu, because it reminds them of their MK past and that is fair enough. Some diners are celebrating with caviar because their journey is much more complete and they have survived. Some have had their fill and gone to find another restraunt and some diners have been here for years and still enjoying the delicacies on offer.
In any eating establishment there has to be some rules, for hygiene reasons and also for the dining comfort of other patrons. Smoking is a definite no, no, that should be done outside. Burping and the passing of gas is also best not done at the table, although one gender tends to be able to do this in public better than another.
The Fanda Eagles Restraunt is obviously very popular (we have had almost 1.2 million guests, most of whom have been in the latter stages, no doubt due to the varied menu and dare I say some interesting patrons), other restraunts have long closed due to lack of patronage, so we must be doing something right.
Will Bemused behave like a model diner in future? Probably not, there is a tendency to overindulge and his saint like qualities are outweighed by his adventourous streak. Perhaps he can be given a little leniency, especially as he comes from somewhere foreign and probably has not had the benefit of being exposed to fine dining etiquite :lol: .

So eat up, it's a Smorgasboard and can anyone tell me where the cheesecake is?