MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: General rules
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:18 pm 
Site Admin

I increased our mailbox size, so you can send/receive more pms.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:24 pm 

Excellent, brilliant, I will now delude myself that my fan club can write me even more correspondence. No, seriously that will help, many thanks ;) .

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:54 pm 

Thanks Kari! I didn't know that was possible! This will help me a lot!

Post subject: Forum suggestions
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:22 pm 
Site Admin

Don't like the way something is run, or have suggestions on how to improve the forums? Post those suggestions/complaints here.

Post subject: Re: Forum suggestions
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:35 pm 

No complaints from down the bottom of the globe. This has been a wonderful opportunity for me to get my head round some longstanding blanks in my mind. I have found the answers to many questions, I have made some good friends and I have had the opportunity to find the courage to confront some of the evils of my past.

The only thing I would like and it is totally trivial, is a little picture under my code name. I'd put a pic of my dog riding a bike on, it really is quite a sight :) .

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:18 pm 
Site Admin

Great idea. Go to your profile settings and you can now upload an avatar. To turn a photo into an avatar you can use this site and enter 90 for the avatar size:

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/

Continue to give forum suggestions on this thread.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:15 pm 

Quote:
It's funny because it's true.

I do not see the purpose of threads like this one has degenerated into. We would not have let the fandaeagles blog take a detour like this, but we were very involved in being the voice of the blog. I do not have the time to be a voice on these forums.

Many are not speaking here because these forums seem to be degenerating into a place where it is acceptable to berate and belittle NTM. I can see nothing constructive in that, and that was never the intent in starting them. Rather it was to give people a safe place to have a voice and to come up with constructive ways as a community to prevent these abuses from reoccurring. Calling NTM out in truth and love is very different from bashing them. I very much understand and relate to the frustration, anger and helplessness that MKs here feel. I feel it as well. But there are far better ways to be heard.

We are considering closing the forums. At the same time I hate to do that when this might be the best place to receive updates on what is happening with the abuse cases. I welcome all suggestions on the suggestion thread or by pm. I'd like to hear from everyone, including those who read but do not participate.

Point noted.

I think rather than jepodize the forums and Fanda Eagles website, on which I am a guest, it might be easier for all if I bid a fond farewell at this point.

NTM for me was a terrible experience as an MK. I fought every day for my sanity at the hands of some cruel and vindictive people. I had two choices, do what I was told, put up with the nonsense and become a robot of the system, or develop some coping mechanism. I choose the latter and developed an off beat sense of humour to cope.

It got me throught the dark times and then it served me well in my career. It also brought me considerable fame (alas only a small fortune in cash ;) ) in the media world and has enabled me to in some part help others through their dark hours also.

To NTM, yes you have been the butt of many of my one liners, if this has caused offence, it is probably just deserts for the hurt inflicted on my parents, my fellow Kiwi MKs and the many MKs from so many other wonderful parts of our planet. Take the advice Jim Finnamore gave my parents when they complained about the amount of abuse I was putting up with, "Get used to it, someone always gets picked on!".

To my Fanda Eagles colleagues: This has been a wonderful journey, the tears the laughs will not be forgotten. The opportunity to finally move on and put the last remaining pieces of the jigsaw of the past in place so that my own picture is close to complete, has made me happier and more settled than I have been since I was about 5 years old.

Take care, all the best.

Bemused (not forgetting, Mary and her little lamb, Ernie the Pigeon, Hell O'Tosis the Camel, the lovely Mrs Bemused . . . ;) )

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:37 pm 

Don't go!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:03 pm 

Bruised but not Broken wrote:
Don't go!

Like button needed! (There's a suggestion for the forums)
I agree with BBNB. I appreciate your posts and your humor, Bemused.
Some of us find ourselves with somewhat soiled white uniforms, yellow card in hand as a result of not giving up our cricket bats. There might be more of us than one would think.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:38 pm 
Site Admin

As long as these forums exist, I hope you're a part of them, Bemused. I understand needing to take some time off. But come back soon!