[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - ABWE

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: ABWE
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:57 am 

Funny all this "we have prevention now" is suppose to make everything all ok. Well I am not buying it. Why do they have all these new prevention rules? Only because of blogs and forums like this not because these mission boards were pro active. I get so upset when these groups, ABWE and NTM and any other, take credit for the few positive steps that we are seeing. Shame on these so called Christian organizations. Full stop.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:09 am 

Without brave people speaking out, putting their stories on line and generally raising the profile of the issue, there would I suspect be no prevention programmes.
So we can congratulate ourselves in having a hand in this.

What will be interesting is when the first paedophile is arrested, just watch who goes for the credit. I can already see the headline.

"Mission Organisation Cooperates Fully With Law Enforcement and Assists In Bringing Justice For All"

And the gullible will believe it, while the stupid will be ringing, emailing or texting me and telling me I shouldn't have wasted my time and should have trusted more that the godly organisation would act honourably e.t.c., e.t.c.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:22 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:22 pm 

Lets have a think about this. What is in the news at the moment (no not Tom Cruise or the elections)? Child abuse, courtesy of Penn State University. And it must be big, because it has made it all the way down to a little country at the bottom of the globe and is on our media networks.
So folks, its in the news, it is in front of people when they get up in the morning, it is being discussed around the water cooler at work, it is everywhere. And what better time to piggy back our story into the media, on to the plates of politicians and into the church scene.

But you say, I'm just one person. So, one person has made Crossview Australia (formerly NTM Australia) loose their voice and hide and he's just a Sympathetic Agnostic, not even a
"good christian".
O.k. you don't like to critisize or hurt those innocent people in NTM. Then do it another way. Extol the virtures of IHART and the efforts being made to sort all this out, just remember to explain why IHART was invented in the first place.
And if you still have any excuses, please feel free to post them, for where there is a will there is a way ;) .

So there we have it, it is an opportunity not to be wasted.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:46 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:00 pm 

Sad but true. Please keep in mind that the investigators are listening to the stories, IHart will write the
"recommendations"...and NTM will......ah...ummm...thats right...pay IHart and send out the "recommendations".... then life will continue as per NTM.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:17 am 

radioshack, You are probably right and that makes my blood boil. From what I have heard GRACE is doing a very thorough job investigating ABWE but at the end of it all what will ABWE do? I think it will be similar to what happened with NTM. From what I understand GRACE did a very good job but all their efforts seemed to be in vain. Dr. Russ Ebersole is still employed by ABWE, a building at BBC in Clarks Summit, PA. is being named after Dr. Wendell Kempton and a hospital in Africa as well. As far as I know ABWE is still connected with Russ Lloyd's counseling ministry. This is all happening at the same time GRACE is investigation. I could go on forever but I am complaining to the converted. Full stop.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:01 pm 

Sorry to hear that despite investigations into sexual abuse of children ABWE is still pushing ahead with and supporting such madness.

Somewhere within the group of ABWE survivors you have a knowledgeable IT treasure. Someone who knows how to start a News page....I'm not talking of a site like this but more of a World News Flash page with headlines and background on each of the miserable things you have mentioned/current investigation. It's about getting as many hits as possible and getting the INFO out to the public.
People appear to be having some success world wide with this method of getting information to the world out there.

Are they trying to push these things through before the GRACE report comes out?. Canvasing and a mail drop to each surrounding office, business and neighbor can spread the word like wild fire. In the US anyway.

Oh...and if they are naming buildings and school after these creeps they will need Town/City permission
so canvising/mail drops to council offices who are very likely to be unaware of the situation/investigation will provide for some air time for the truth.

Find out who funds the hospital in Africa, biggest donators.....yes...it's a bit of a mountain isin't it.
If you can link any well known supporters to anything ie. World Vision, UNICEF,Save the Children..then make them aware of the investigation....constantly.

Almost need group of full time workers.
All of this easier said than done but who knows you might just strike the right person on the right day.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:05 pm 

That is a very good point and a nice proactive suggestion. Nothing like cutting the money supply for getting attention.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:15 pm 

Yes, good advice, I feel like I am spinning my wheels and feel so useless. I carry on and on but feel helpless. I have made comments on lots of web pages that are directly or indirectly affected by ABWE but no response. I wonder if they get wiped before they reach anybody. Full stop.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 31  Next