[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - ABWE

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: ABWE
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:02 pm 

Pamela, I tried to find the post you refer to on the Biblical Accountability in Missions blog, but was unable to find an Anonymous who said GRACE had done a good job of correcting the culture within NTM.

I am also an outsider looking in, at this point, having been out of NTM for over a decade now.

But I would venture to say that what this person should have said is that GRACE did a good job of pointing out the weaknesses in the culture within NTM. They tried to point out ways in which the culture within the mission helped to set a vulnerable stage for rampant child abuse: in some (even one is too many) cases the abuse was sexual, but even more widespread was the emotional, physical and spiritual abuse. This has been pointed by a significant number of NTM MKs on this website.

GRACE probably hoped (and prayed) they could be used by God to make some general corrections in NTM's culture, to ensure a safer environment for children. Sadly, what happened instead is that within the mission, GRACE is now viewed very negatively. NTMers think that GRACE behaved in an unethical way. Thus the average NTMer apparently thinks that everything GRACE had to say -- about Fanda and Senegal specifically, and about the culture of NTM in general -- is tainted, and has no credibility.

This is the perspective of an outsider, but it is what I have picked up from more than one person, so I think it reflects the views of at least some people who are still on the inside.

I perceive that many who are still members of NTM think that GRACE didn't do a good job at all. Of anything.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:27 pm 

That is a SAD commentary, Raz.
But it is what we are picking up on too.
It is calling evil, good and good, evil.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:18 pm 

Mosquito Bite,

The post I am referring to is on the Biblical Accountability in Missions blog by Wes Patterson.
The comment is under "The Perfect Cover for Christian Criminals." This anonymous wrote this on 23 January, 2012 and I posted immediately after. If you go to recent comments you will find it. I just wish someone from this forum would inform this anonymous poster that yes, GRACE did give some good recommendations but thus far that is all, just recommendations, and the culture of NTM seems to me, anyway, to be the same. There are a couple of anonymous posters on that blog who don't like me at all so I feel whatever I say just just doesn't help the cause. I have tried to back off but I couldn't resist a comment since I was named in this comment by anonymous that posted on 23 January. Since I use my name I know at least one of these anonymous posters was in a church that supported us before we left/got terminated from ABWE. I am almost overwhelmed with the support ABWE has from so many even when the truth is right in front of them. ABWE is using GRACE after much persuasion from the victims and their supporters. My whole being says why don't these organizations correct their sinful ways before they have to even call in a 3rd party. I believe the answer is TIME, they think if enough time passes than this will all pass as well. Any help to inform this anonymous poster of his ill informed comment would be appreciated. Full stop.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:19 pm 

OOPS, I just realized I addressed Mosquito Bite instead of Raz, sorry about that but I guess we are all on the same page.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:38 pm 

I just wanted to announce that Dr. Donn William Ketcham signed "no contest" in December to surrender his medical license which he did late February. How he didn't just admit guilt is beyond me as he signed a confession in l989 that he was a pedophile but at least it has finally begun to catch up with him. It isn't over yet for him. Please don't be deceived, ABWE has not been pro active in this latest development, as they told the girls in 2001 that it would not have done any good to turn him in to the medical board when he returned to the States in l989. Oh, really? Well under duress they finally did last year and look what happened. Something that could and should have happened in 1989. Who knows if there are other victims since 1989. I understand he did medical work for illegal aliens, to me that speaks volumes but I have no facts of anything. For more information see WOOD TV8 of Allendale, Michigan or bangladshmksspeak. Full stop and very satisfied with this development.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:10 am 

The old saws "It won't do any good" and "It wouldn't make any difference" are among the oldest of excuses to do nothing! As Pamela shows, it can, and often does, make a difference.

Like ABWE, NTM has done nothing for years, hiding behind this same excuse.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:31 pm 

ABWE MKs and their supporters: we all rejoice with you in this victory!

Perseverance does pay off!

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:22 am 

I am cranky. Michael Loftis, the president of ABWE that was "concluded" because of his mishandling of the Dr. Donn William Ketcham sex scandal, now has a job as Executive Director of Global Network. What makes me cranky is his reputation obviously hasn't hurt him at all but the icing on the cake is that Larry Brown has endorsed him in this new ministry. These two men are like 2 peas in the same pod. Full stop.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:09 am 

Thanks for that update, Pam. I found an endorsement from Larry Brown here:

http://www.dnaglobalnetwork.org/our-endorsements/

Is this the one you're referring to? Yes, it would appear that Michael Loftis has strong support from several men of influence in a certain circle.

I struggle to resist cynicism and even despair. We are on such a long, exhausting road, and sometimes I run very low on hope.

But I appreciate you keeping us informed.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:13 pm 

Raz, yes it is and it appears the good ole boys club is still well and truly alive. Just another point of information, GRACE has written an update on the Dr. Donn William Ketcham sex scandal. You can read it on bangladeshmksspeak. It looks like they politely asked ABWE to stop interfering. They did thank ABWE for obeying that request. I am still gobsmacked at the churches who seem to care less about all these sex scandals. The power is in their hands. When is enough, enough. Full stop.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next