[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - ABWE

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: ABWE
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:00 am 

I know I shouldn't be surprised but once again ABWE seems to be the winner. They have just concluded an investigation using Simms Showers who were hired after GRACE was hired to investigate the abused girls who started the bangladeshmksspeak blog. I find it unbelievable that they can conduct an investigation on supposed 8 cases and GRACE is still investigating the Bangladesh sex scandal. They have stated all is well now and the Simms Showers investigation is closed. I am in contact with an abused girl (she was abused by an ABWE missionary when he was home on furlough, the family were best friends at the time) who was interviewed by Rob Showers of Simms Showers and she didn't even know the investigation was closed. Did you hear me? He was a missionary home on furlough. Can you imagine? My husband just wrote another paper about this yet another ABWE handling of their past sin in the camp. For verification just check out www.abwe.org/new/article/abwe-historica ... on-update/ What I am thinking is that IHART will be just like Simms Showers, hope I'm wrong. This is just more of the same. This probably sounds a bit disjointed but my mind is a bit distressed at the moment. Full stop.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:02 am 

Here is the correct address www.abwe.org/news/article/abwe-historic ... on-update/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:05 am 

http://www.abwe.org/news/article/abwe-h ... on-update/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:06 am 

Sorry, I am an amateur, must not have to have the whole address.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:25 am 

Thank you for that, Pamela. And of course you are right. I too predict that when all is said and done, the results from IHART's lengthy, thorough, painstaking investigations (the part that will be made available for the public to see) will be very similar to the report from ABWE which you sent us the link for.

Your participation here on Fanda Eagles has been invaluable. Please don't ever think otherwise. You provide a very important link with what is happening in ABWE. The similarities between ABWE and NTM must not be ignored.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:48 am 

Please read the last two posts on the ABWE MK website (look under August archives), for more information and also very enlightening responses/comments by others, in regard to how the Simms Showers investigation was conducted, and how ABWE MKs and families feel about it.

http://bangladeshmksspeak.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:22 pm 

Raz, thanks for the encouragement as sometimes I feel like the lone ranger. I so wish the bangladeshmksspeak had some supporters like what I see here, not that they don't have support but I think these girls are really getting weary and my heart goes out to them. I am praying for a "bemused" for the bangladeshmksspeak blog. My husband just finished his paper about the Simms Showers LLP investigation but once again it is just the same old thing. ABWE is in self preservation mode as they admit there are many scandals that were not handled properly. They say all is A OK now and they have repented and put policies in place, etc., etc., etc. but in the meantime nothing has changed for the victims of the past. I know who some of the cover up people are and so far not a peep. In fact one of them sent one of the bangladeshmksspeak girls an autographed book that he and his wife authored. I think she said she put it in the trash, good for her. If ABWE has repented and disciplined all those involved why aren't these people named and why aren't they the ones to repent and ask forgiveness? From what I understand Ebersole and Davis were just moved sideways, not terminated and as far as I know they have never sought forgiveness. I believe I am rambling so need to stop but anyway shame on the lot of them. Full stop.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:41 am 

It means ALOT to those girls to have a BIG heart like yours on their side.
Don't give up!
We so appreciate you here.
And what your husband is doing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:13 am 

Mosquito bite, Thanks. I guess I am just riled up about this supposed investigation. One of my most upsetting thoughts is the girl I have been dealing with didn't even know the investigation was closed. Some investigation I say. ABWE needs to close its doors, they have shown they are only out for preservation, I say they could care less about the victims. To act like they have handled everything and all is well just makes me so upset. There is no proof anything was handled. They want to keep it a secret for privacy. I understand keeping the victims names in private but I don't understand keeping the names of the abusers and those who covered it up private. Anyway I appreciate the fact the fandeagles care for others who have been abused as well. Full stop.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:09 am 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 31  Next