[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - ABWE

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: ABWE
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:54 pm 

Here is a very insightful post that I am copying from http://bangladeshmksspeak.wordpress.com/2011/10/23/abwe-and-that-almighty-appearance-of-evil/

I wonder if these same things couldn't be said to NTM?

Dear ABWE Board Members,

As an MK under ABWE I was taught from a young age the importance of Christians avoiding "the appearance of evil." We weren't supposed to play with playing cards, because people gamble with them. In fact, every form of legalism I encountered from the ABWE culture in my youth held a firm commonality behind the rules: AVOID THE APPEARANCE OF EVIL.

So it strikes me as absolutely ironic that ABWE's corporate headquarters is not really into this idea of avoiding the appearance of evil right now.

How do you, ABWE, appear evil?

1.You still employ the same lawyer who botched the handling of child abuse for decades.

2.You still employ the same man who participated in the spiritual and emotional abuse of a sexually abused child in 1989.

3.You have not publicly condemned Michael Loftis' poor handling of sexual abuse during his time as president.

4.You have buried the March reports, GRACE updates, confession, etc., so that they are hard to find on your website. We maintain that these should be EASY to find. There should be an icon on the main home page that leads people to everything they need to know about us and this situation.

5.The article about child protection which IS highlighted on your website (as of October 23) completely distorts the reality of the situation and the history of even this year. Don't try to erase us from your history.

6.The printed article in the recent MESSAGE said you weren't changing--your words! You said it. You can't say it was twisted by a reporter ... you were the reporter. How do you justify that article?

7.You have not communicated directly and formally with the MKs behind this blog in months.

ABWE, I have some advice for you, so please, don't look down on me because I'm not one of you. Please, don't look down on me because I'm a woman. Please, listen to me, because I'm trying to give you advice that would HELP you right now. I'm telling you how to help the wounded feel heard and cared for. I'm trying to help you understand good PR--something I know about because I've sometimes done it for a living, and continually, ABWE, you get it wrong, from your ill-timed prayer requests for "bitter MKs" to changing the format of the GRACE reports.

You are getting this ALL wrong.

I'm doing you a favor, so please don't discard my advice:

*Start walking your talk. Start caring that to everyone outside your little bubble you look heartless and conniving. AVOID THE APPEARANCE OF EVIL.

*Start mopping the floor of every church in this country with your contrition and humility. Get out there and make things right. With us, with churches, with your own missionaries. Admit to all, everywhere you go, that grave mistakes were made and we are right to be upset with you. That we resorted to a blog because Michael Loftis and Don Davis wouldn't budge to act for justice on our behalf, not because WE are evil gossips. Defend us to our critics. Defend us. We are the wounded and unknowingly or knowingly you were part of the wounding and you continue to wound.

*Remove everyone from your organization who participated in the cover-up. EVERYONE. No matter how nice they are, no matter what they've done in God's name and for the Gospel. They hurt God's children. They must be disciplined. It's time for them to go.

*Then admit, first and foremost, that clearly (CLEARLY) you DID need to change how accountability and transparency and integrity were lived out in your ministry.

If you do these things you will be amazed at the forgiveness that rolls your way from churches, pastors, missionaries, MKs and the world. Thank you.

A Wounded MK

Post subject: Re: ABWE
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:43 pm 

CLAP! CLAP! CLAP!
I mean this is MORE than "like."
Thank you, Wounded MK, altho you may never read here.
And thanks, Gene, for posting this.

When those who see themselves as "rescuing" others from a horrid eternity are so twisted themselves..........I don't know how to finish this sentence.
I have to go and throw up.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:10 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:40 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:00 pm 

I am so glad to see ABWE on this post, the stories from the abused children (now adults) are very much the same as the abused children (now adults) of NTM, not a boarding school setting but a compound setting. These mission board/agencies, whatever you want to call them, need a reckoning of their past and present sins. I have asked for ABWE to apology to my husband for his treatment for merely wanting out but of course it hasn't come as yet. ABWE is a "good ole boys club" and I think NTM is the same. Full stop.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:56 am 

What typo, Bemused?
Thanks for the grand finale. Quite the finish.
I guess twice is better than once for some types of info. :D

PS: If I didn't like the 'buzz and bite' aspect so much, I might think of changing to 007. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:44 pm 

Please would you go to Biblical Accountability in Missions and vote on the latest poll. This is the question:

"Should ABWE continue operating as a mission agency after having willingly harboured a criminal pedophile within their ranks for decades?"

I find it hard to believe but thus far the vote is 42 yes and 15 no with only 4 days left to vote. Would you want your children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, etc., etc., etc. around anyone who votes yes on this poll? Well, believe me I wouldn't.

Let's send a clear message to ABWE.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:10 pm 

What only one Paedophile? ABWE are choirboys compared to NTM, who seem to have heaps.

Seriously though, good call, have voted.

All the best with your investigations.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:13 pm 

This is the one pedophile who is on this blog, Dr. Donn William Ketcham, there are others in other countries but isolated cases, not that that makes any difference at all. The poll on Biblical Accountability in Missions has been extended to 30 November due to the high amount of voters. Please, please vote on this poll and pray none of your children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, etc., etc., etc., ever run into these anonymous voters that think pedophilia is ok. I certainly realize NTM has an abundance of mk's who were terribly, terribly sinned against and I hope the whole tribe of them that is still alive will pay for the horrible sin and crime they committed against these little tribers. Full stop.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:15 pm 

I was wondering if I could get some clarification as to how GRACE helped NTM in, as an anonymous poster said, "doing a good job of correcting the culture within NTM". This statement was on the Biblical Accountability in Missions blog by this anonymous poster in regard to a poll of closing ABWE or keeping it open. I might add the loyalists voted to keep it open by quite a majority. For anyone who doesn't know the story, a few Bangladesh mks started a blog to get ABWE to face up to their cover up and complicity of the sexual abuse by their "beloved" doctor named Dr. Donn William Ketcham in 1989. There is well evidenced documentation of all the accusations from these Bangladesh mks, this is fact not fiction. Their blog is bangladeshmksspeak and they also have a forum. This anonymous poster on Biblical Accountability in Missions seems to think that GRACE did change the culture of NTM but I don't seem to be reading that in this forum. I personally have not seen where the recommendations of GRACE has helped the culture at all but I am an outsider looking in so I want to get my facts straight. Thanks for any revelation on this. Full stop.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next