MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:18 pm 

http://thewartburgwatch.com/2015/05/25/part-1-jordan-root-is-a-confessed-internet-child-sex-abuser-should-the-village-church-trust-him/comment-page-1/

I guess the one bright spot was SIM's response and treatment of his wife, Karen. Take note, NTM.
Quote:
Karen was impressed at how seriously SIM took this situation. They were also kind to her, offering counsel and support. She was also complimentary of the mission staff with whom she served. To this day, she remains supportive of them and does not want their location disclosed.

I'm not the only one wondering if this is the tip of the iceberg, since Jordan has been involved in work with children for many years.
Quote:
Karen makes an important observation about his work with children. He was confronted about spending time alone with children and, on one occasion, was told by an adult that she was uncomfortable with the way he was sitting with and touching a child. He acted shocked and remorseful that his behavior would come off that way. He often would speak out against stereotyping by gender. He believed that people were biased against men spending time with children.

TVC's reaction and treatment of Karen is so reminiscent of NTM's attitude, particularly in the 1980s and 1990s. Chastising Karen for seeking annulment on a marriage to Jordan, and receiving his "confession" with no questions asked.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 3:26 pm 

More about the process with Karen's response to the TVC blast email to 6,000 members.
http://watchkeep.blogspot.com/2015/05/karen-hinkleys-response-to-village.html

This is particularly disturbing and makes me think of another organization who regularly dismisses recommendations.
Quote:
Another example is in regards to Jordan’s treatment. TVC dismissed recommendations from SIM that Jordan needed, at minimum, intensive therapy from someone who has experience working with these issues. I was told at one point that in-patient treatment had been recommended and that Jordan should attend a Sex Addicts Anonymous meeting every day until he began that treatment. Instead, TVC had Jordan see Eric Bryant, a member of The Village Church who is a part of North Texas Christian Counseling. On his bio, Eric does not list experience treating pedophilia or sexual addiction.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:30 pm 

Does it feel like we are seeing this kind of stuff at every turn these days?

I hope the abundance of coverage of scandals in the Christian world is at least raising awareness about the prevalence of hypocrisy and sin.

It does sound like SIM is to be applauded for the way they have responded to this situation with their missionaries, Jordan and Karen.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:16 pm 

That is one optimistic note anyway.
But, yes, it seems to be EVERYWHERE.
Would love to see Christians wake up and
see reality.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:12 pm 
Site Admin

The apology from the church to Karen:

http://matthewpaulturner.com/2015/05/28/matt-chandler-the-village-church-offer-apology-to-karen-hinkley/

More thoughts on the apology:

http://matthewpaulturner.com/2015/05/29/so-can-we-discuss-that-apology-from-the-village-church-because-it-really-missed-the-point/

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:13 pm 
Site Admin

The absolute best description I have seen in quite a while:

"Rather than apologizing for acting like jackasses, they apologized for not presenting their jackassery with greater clarity."

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 9:46 pm 

Maybe NTM could work that into their new slogan. :P :P

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:11 am 

:)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:12 am 

You mean they're working on becoming the new, new ntm?
I hadn't heard. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:06 pm 

It's been posted somewhere here before, but there are some pretty clear signs that there are moves behind the scenes to create a completely new organization to replace NTM. I seriously think they should consider that quote as they craft their new slogan. :roll: