[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Bill Gothard

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bill Gothard
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:26 pm 

No, no, no, please dear God, no!!!!!! Have we learnt absolutely nothing? A little bit of courage is going to do diddly squat.
Get all the courage you can muster and go after the bastards that have ruined your life, turned your family against you, raped your sisters and murdered the souls of innocents.
Don't piss into the wind and think you're a hero because you've wet your pants. Hell no, expose them for who they really are!!!!!!!!!! Find their sponsors and tell them that this is just another fundamentalist cult that hides it's rapists, molesters and worse. Then you will start to set yourself free from their domination and you will stop them from abusing another child and making their life a shitty mess just like yours has turned out to be.
Find which churches are backing these so called missionaries (most of who aren't even on the field) and tell them where there hard earned money is going, then maybe they will find that their cosy little lifestyles lived at other peoples expense and guilt suddenly isn't so comfortable anymore.
Get the courage to tell ICE what happened to you if you were abused and get your fellow victims to do the same. Don't just sit on your arse being a victim for the rest of your life!!!!!!!!!!!

O.k. so I'm a bit annoyed this morning! Well I've just heard that someone who has done so much for many of us and taught us so much is probably not coming back. They enabled us to laugh, got us to think, provided us with a real alternative in ICE and now they have gone. And I'm really really upset.

Change can happen, Bemused proved it to us all, we just to have great buckets of courage and make it happen!!!!!!!!!!

R.I.P. Bemused

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:51 pm 

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Aussie, good to hear from you though! But, hell!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:16 pm 

Hell what?

I've been there and escaped, just a bit of it came with me and I curse the fact that it did!!!!!!!!! It has taken me years to get my life back together. And I was one of the lucky ones, because far to many are still trapped, don't know how to open the EXIT door and get out and will spend the rest of their lives wondering what might of been or living lives that they don't want to.

I'm no hero, just someone who scares the daylights out of people with my weird posts. The real heros are those who work behind the scenes to help others and close down this nightmare, who tell their stories in explicit detail so that others can see there is hope, who don't just piss into the wind and then moan that they've wet their pants and want sympathy.

No offense intended, but the only way for NTM to go now is to close down and the only people who have a ghost of making this happen is us, by telling our stories for the world to hear and shining the light on the bastards who ruined so many young lives!!!!!!!!!!

I think I've said enough.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:57 pm 

My "hell" response was to the reference to Bemused.

Aussie, I like your courage! I know you'd rather I post militant diatribes against NTM. Maybe I will build up to that.

I'd like to hear everything you have to say.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:27 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:40 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:15 am 

Thanks, Aussie, for that!
I think we all have our place. :D
It takes all kinds.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:54 am 

My two cents for what it is worth.....I don't think the churches (who are really people) just don't care. Look at ABWE, they just keep on keeping on. Full stop.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:25 am 

I suspect the average church goer knows little about mission abuse. There pastors know, but my experience tells me that they do not pass the info on and deliberately obstruct any attempt to expose the scandals.
If you are going to approach a pastor, also send the same e-mail to their secretary and any other person you can find the address of, that tends to force them to at least acknowledge that you have made them aware.
Usually the secretary is a woman and the pastor a man. Alas, the latter will often choose to protect his fellow men for reasons that I cannot even begin to understand. The former may just react with more humanity.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:00 pm 

Bemused, Good thinking and that reminds me as letters could be sent to the Ladies Missionary Society in care of the church or even the missionary treasurer. Churches have changed so these groups don't always exist anymore but who knows?????! Full stop.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next