MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
 Post subject: Re: ABWE
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:22 am 

The New Tribers/Ethnosers I know seem to honestly feel they personally have no culpability. It was not their sin. They did not commit those terrible crimes against children, it was someone else long ago. So they go along on their merry way without a pang of guilt or remorse.

And they will adamantly deny that their name change has any connection whatsoever with the child abuse history of the organization formerly known as New Tribes Mission.

:(

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:15 pm 

Pamela E. Bennett wrote:
I am ashamed we were ever with this organisation. I remember our very first meeting in 1979 after being here 2 days after we put the kids to bed my husband said we should get out of here. He couldn't put his finger on his uneasiness. Ten years later when this happened we were never told why Dr. Ketcham was sent home so we speculated he had an affair, had we know the truth I imagine we would have left ABWE then instead of years later. I believe we should have been told the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth. They had an obligation to all in that organisation as far as I am concerned. Who wants to be a part of a group that protects pedophiles, I know we don't. Fullstop.

I remember our days in boot camp and the number of people who left. There were quite a few (some accounts of those that left say they left in the hours of darkness and ran for it). The signs and warning bells were obvious, the hall marks of control and cult like practises.
But the longer one stays in such groups, the harder it is to get out and the easier to find the justification to stay in. Especially as one climbs the social ladder. Those who leave are labeled "quitters" and "not willing to sacrifice all" e.t.c. and this increases the resolve to stay.
Why anyone would want to be part of a group that protects pedophiles (and conversely attacks victims) is beyond me. It's not normal human behaviour. Normal decent humans protect children and deal heavily to those who don't.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:15 am 

My husband believes if you know a criminal offence, you know like children being molested, you have an obligation to report it and then get out otherwise you are a participant. I think I have mentioned this before but I think they thought we found out about Bangladesh and that is why we were terminated for insubordination when we wrote our letter of resignation. We found out we got terminated well after we thought we had resigned. It is a long story but even though the insubordination caused us to lose $ and friends we have NEVER regretted it. We knew absolutely nothing about what went on in Bangladesh like I said we assumed Dr. Donn William Ketcham committed adultery, well actually he did but then went on to children, makes me sick. Fullstop

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31