MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: This Life Here is Hard
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:35 pm 

Is the earth shifting here for anyone else? This forum should come with a warning: BEING AUTHENTIC WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE. Which is why I just lost my job. Instead of allowing my body and soul to keep getting trampled by corporate wannabes . . .I showed myself to be a little too vulnerable. I would welcome any stories of how your life is changing . . .

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:19 pm 

In the past year, I've started sharing- frankly, honestly, mincing no words- about the abuse we all suffered at the hands of NTM. As a result, some have chosen to distance themselves from me. (The truth is uncomfortable.) It is hard- because on one hand, I care very much what happens to New Tribes. My family is a missionary family- I have MANY family members who are NTers. I don't like the thought of them having wasted their lives serving God under the NT umbrella all these years. Thankfully, the one comforting thought is that God can use even a broken system to bring people to himself.

On the other hand, I no longer care ENOUGH to keep my mouth shut. All my life, I've protected the people and the testimony of NT. Frankly, I no longer do that. If the topic comes up, I tell the facts, and people can do with it as they please. I'm so done caring what people think. I, personally, don't have a lot at stake if NT falls apart. Sure, my parents, and many other members of my family, would lose their ministry, and probably the results of that would trickle down to me at some level. But, if they are truly serving God, they will find a new ministry...hopefully one that is more in tune with God's standards.

So, yes....this life here is hard! And being authentic is hard....our world thrives on the superficial....so, we are strangers in this world...aliens. We are not HOME yet!! (Can't wait!)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:34 pm 

I'm such a whiner! Today I got a call from our pastor and she offered me a completely free weekend on Cape May this Sun - Tues! I've never been able to get off work and go to this. The earth is shaking . . .

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:58 pm 

So happy for you! Enjoy!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:36 pm 

God blesses you because He loves you. Have a wonderful time.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:12 pm 

Go!!! Relax, take a walk on the beach, eat some yummy pizza, watch some chick flicks, and enjoy!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:22 pm 

You guys are making me teary, which is pretty weird as I'm in Starbucks . . .but thanks. Yeah, I think I need an ocean view for perspective :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:51 pm 

Allbetter, that is an offer you shouldn't turn down. I'm jealous but happy for you.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:35 pm 

I just met another MK from an "independent" missionary family. What does that mean? Independent from supporters or independent from a mission? Although they are not connected to a mission she endured and continues to endure the exact same stuff many of you did within NT or other missions. She and her husband are alone in the US with no support for their child with special needs. In fact, the other family members accuse them of not parenting correctly and that's why this little, precious child has a disability. According to the grandparents, aka missionaries, there are no mental illnesses. Where has grace gone? Where has education gone? There are a group of people in the area that we live in that don't go to school after a certain age. Their beliefs are now twisted due to lack of education of the scriptures. This is awefully similar to the bubble on the mission field and mental health. I write this as I watch some very dear missionaries/family learn the hard way about mental illness.

All Better - we will get through this hard life together. Sippin' coffee on a nice patio goes a long way...thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:18 pm 

How has my life changed since this all began?
My inside heart has been enriched with knowing God more fully, however,
my family relationships have dissintigrated terribly. The awareness brings truth that is painful.